Hitler was guided by an Asura?

No holds barred discussion on the Buddhadharma. Argue about rebirth, karma, commentarial interpretations etc. Be nice to each other.

Re: Hitler was guided by an Asura?

Postby Konchog1 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:49 am

kirtu wrote:Just a quick point - the Shogunate was abolished in 1867.

A country can't be under a series of military dictatorships for 675 years and lose the influence of the military on the government quickly without catastrophic events to force rapid change.

Which is exactly what happened.
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
Konchog1

Postby Red Faced Buddha » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:24 pm

kirtu wrote:
Red Faced Buddha wrote:I'd like to add that I do not understand why you started raging about Hirohito.I didn't say I liked the guy or even remotely admired him.Just that the generals(like the Shogun)were more powerful then Hirohito.

Just a quick point - the Shogunate was abolished in 1867.

If he even moved a step against them,he would be fried on the spot.Read a bit about Japan's history.

Not fired, perhaps murdered, we won't know for sure. Of course the day before he was to announce the end of the war, a group of junior officers staged a coup, so you may have a point.

However it is clear that Emperor Hirohito was not opposed to the war and did little if anything to stop or mitigate the suffering that Japan imposed on all of East Asia.

Kirt

Yes,but like the Shoguns of the past,the generals were the ones who held the power.I said fried,you know,like in "kill."On to the third,like I said,I'm not saying anything about Hirohito,just that he couldn't have stopped the war even if he had wanted to.It was only until the Allies had used the atomic bomb did Japan surrender.
A person once asked me why I would want to stop rebirth. "It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want to be reborn."
I replied. "Wanting to be reborn is like wanting to stay in a jail cell, when you have the chance to go free and experience the whole wide world. Does a convict, on being freed from his shabby, constricting, little cell, suddenly say "I really want to go back to jail and be put in a cell. It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want that?"
Red Faced Buddha

Postby Masaru » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:30 pm

Which Asura?
A certain man said to the priest Shungaku, "The Lotus Sutra Sect's character is not good because it's so fearsome." Shungaku replied, "It is by reason of its fearsome character that it is the Lotus Sutra Sect. If its character were not so, it would be a different sect altogether."
-- The Hagakure
Masaru

Postby Red Faced Buddha » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:45 am

Masaru wrote:

Which Asura?

Some "Lord of Falsehood"guy.
A person once asked me why I would want to stop rebirth. "It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want to be reborn."
I replied. "Wanting to be reborn is like wanting to stay in a jail cell, when you have the chance to go free and experience the whole wide world. Does a convict, on being freed from his shabby, constricting, little cell, suddenly say "I really want to go back to jail and be put in a cell. It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want that?"
Red Faced Buddha

Previous

Return to Open Dharma