YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

Buddhist NGO -charity work - Dhamma Wheel

Buddhist NGO -charity work

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
pilgrim

Buddhist NGO -charity work

Postby pilgrim » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:01 pm

Apart from the internationally reknown Tzu Chi few people are aware of Buddhist NGOs which are doing good work around the world. I just came across this Korean Buddhist NGO which appears to be doing great work too. "Good Hands"
http://www.goodhands.or.kr/english/work/laos.html

There isn't a single website listing Buddhist NGOs. I have created one for Theravadin based ones here.
http://www.parami.org/duta/buddhistwelfare.htm

JackV

Re: Buddhst NGO -charity work

Postby JackV » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:35 pm

Good work!
Here where a thousand
captains swore grand conquest
Tall grasses their monument.

David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Re: Buddhst NGO -charity work

Postby David N. Snyder » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Excellent!

I added a link to that page here:
http://www.dhammawiki.com/index.php?title=Parami.org

Clueless Git

Re: Buddhist NGO -charity work

Postby Clueless Git » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:03 am

Ranjanlekhy

Postby Ranjanlekhy » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:22 pm

Respectable Caturparisado! I am very glad to read the posts about some Buddhist INGOs. During my monastic life, several times I was blamed to be selfish just because I was following Theravada (so called hinayana) school. However, it was not the case, I was/am not that kind of man since I have never forgotten poverty and misery in my rural life. I am from Tharu community. You may know that most of my people are still living as bonded labors. Today I am doing PhD (anthropology) on the Political Ecology of Poverty among my own people. I think I am visualizing the Dhamma in the socio-domestic life. Keeping the truth in our mind that the Pali canon never denies Bodhisattacarya, along with the helps of some friends we have already successfully founded and run the Metta School in Kathmandu Valley. Even after the monastic life, I want to continue this practice, but in different and far country. I want to take the seeds of Dhamma to Bahia, Brazil where I am likely to settle down. In the Southern part of Brazil, there are some Buddhist organizations which are doing very good jobs. Howver, in the North-Eastern zone of Brazil, I've not found any organization yet that could help to propagate Dhamma. Is there any organization whom I can assist? or is there anyone who can help me to sow the seed of Dhamma? Thanks! :anjali:

rowyourboat

Postby rowyourboat » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:21 pm

Well done pilgrim :twothumbsup: :smile:
With Metta

Karuna
Mudita
& Upekkha

Return to “General Theravāda discussion”