The Banning of Bardor Tulku Rinpoche

Mr. G

The Banning of Bardor Tulku Rinpoche

Postby Mr. G » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:30 pm

Jangchup Donden

Re: The Banning of Bardor Tulku Rinpoche

Postby Jangchup Donden » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:15 am

I'm not quite sure what you're going to get from the KTD board of directors. There has been some sad things going on over there, and honestly I'm not quite sure about all of it. In the last couple years, it seems like KTD has been firing many of the senior staff, many of whom are my good friends.

I will let you know that there's no ill will from myself or any of Bardor Tulku Rinpoche's students towards KTD, and we all really want to have the situation resolved. We're all dharma brothers and sisters and are in this together.

If anything we're all really sad because we've always thought of KPL as a protector and sister site to KTD. I and others personally hate to think about the damage this could do to many of Rinpoche's students at the various KTCs around the country, now that he is not allowed to teach at them anymore (however from what I've heard many students will just open their homes and let him teach there if he can't teach in the center).

I really hope this situation can be resolved quickly. I really feel that it's only going to damage KTD's reputation, as it will just drive more of Rinpoche's students to KPL, as it makes them feel unwelcome at KTD. I'm pretty worried myself about going back there after all of this; where I usually have frequented both centers. I hold both Khenpo Karthar Rinpoche and Bardor Tulku Rinpoche very close to my heart, so the situation just really sucks.

So at least from the KPL end, the feelings here are all just a mixture of sadness and shock that something like this would happen. Bardor Tulku Rinpoche's service to KTD and it's community has been immense, and I just honestly can't understand why the KTD board would do something like this.

I really think some bad karma is boiling up to the surface at KTD, and I really hope it's quickly purified. I keep everyone there in my daily prayers so that the situation can be resolved.

Heruka

Postby Heruka » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:34 am

i know karmapa very hot on maintaining the lineage, is the issue the teacher teaching his own gterma in kamstang kagyu centers?

Jangchup Donden

Postby Jangchup Donden » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:40 am

Heruka

Postby Heruka » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:48 am

i smile to myself because kagyu is bigger than just kamstang kagyu control, it is a tree of refuge after all for all beings, a tree that has many off shoots and branches. center politics i have never cared for.

not all teachers are realized, not all students are ignorant.

:anjali:

Yonten Nyima

Postby Yonten Nyima » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:13 am

I dont believe it, Ive was just on the KTD website today.
I highly doubt the Namse Bangdzo bookstore would sell books and teachings by a teacher banned from teaching.
:ban:

Jangchup Donden

Postby Jangchup Donden » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:35 am

Yonten Nyima

Postby Yonten Nyima » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:42 am

Thats a questionable decision on the part of the KTD. But honestly, how much sway does HH hold on a seat in another country?
Does he still technically have say in the happenings at Tsurphu?
This could be something trivial, but regardless I hope he is welcomed back.

Jangchup Donden

Postby Jangchup Donden » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:52 am

Yonten Nyima

Postby Yonten Nyima » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:12 am

Well yeah, and if that be the case, can we REALLY argue with the decision of a manifest bodhisattva?
Some how I think that he didnt have much say in it, I mean Tsurphu is HH's seat in Tibet, but how much contact do any of them have with eachother? I cant see the logic behind removing a very intelligent and effective teacher, especially one who had hand in HH's education.

And aside from that, Ive had negative dealings with Ryderjaphy in Buddhist groups on myspace for his extremism, and I think this article may be example of that (over exaggeration?)

Jangchup Donden

Postby Jangchup Donden » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:24 am

BFS

Postby BFS » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:57 pm

My prayers are with you all without exception! May the problems being experienced soon come to an end so that these precious lineages can continue to flourish! :heart:

Mr. G

Postby Mr. G » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:34 pm

Thanks for the update Jangchup. I'm still unclear on the whole story surrounding the issue, but I'll dig around a little more.

DGA
Former staff member

Postby DGA » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:21 pm

This sort of thing just breaks me up. Example:

http://www.kagyu.org/kagyulineage/cente ... sa-ari.php

Yonten Nyima

Postby Yonten Nyima » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:12 pm

What I fail to understand about this entire thing is how exactly japhy got from a scism to Tibetans vs. westerners, and then slaves???
This is ironic, not two days ago I purchased a list of long life prayers, one being for bardor rinpoche.
This is all wrong. We should also pray for whoever banned him from teaching (specifically) because its BAD news to create a scism in the sangha. Isnt that like the last grave offense after drawing blood from a buddha?

:oops:

Jangchup Donden

Postby Jangchup Donden » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:01 am

conebeckham

Postby conebeckham » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:56 pm

You all realize that when you say "the KTD Board" is wrong, incurring heavy karma, creating a schism, etc., that you're talking about Ven. Khenpo Karthar Rinpoche as well, right??

I understand the emotional responses, myself, and FROM THE OUTSIDE it appears certain Draconian measure were taken, or that Bardor Tulku Rinpoche has been "wronged." But I also recognize that not many know what's really transpired. I would like to see some transparancy, or at least a public accounting of what's going on, with minimal spin......but I'd urge people to keep their own counsel, and control themselves. Don't jump to conclusions, don't cast aspersions, but maintain a clear mind.

I seriously doubt that any far-reaching action would be taken at KTD without the office of HH Karmapa being in the loop in some way before-hand...

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")

Jangchup Donden

Postby Jangchup Donden » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:20 am

Heruka

Postby Heruka » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:34 am

really a schism can only occur if one claims they have a better dharma than the buddha's.

can i just say that i find it odd that all this stems as we are told, from a 'non' action and not 'a' action, i.e, the grass was not cut, not the grass was cut.

Mr. G

Postby Mr. G » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:09 pm

Return to “Kagyu”