Prayer for Glen Beck

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
Calahand

Prayer for Glen Beck

Post by Calahand »

Hi guys, Please pray for glen beck, he is losing his eye sight. Normally I despise glen beck, because I watched him a couple of times, he really spews alot of hatred, alot of divisive thinking, and horrible twists and adamantly partakes in fox news propaganda, but recently he came unto the TV and said he is destined to go blind... (lose eyesight) within a year, no one deserves that, no matter how bad or terrible they are, no matter how much hatred and ill will they try to spew out , they don't deserve that. Unfortunately he is going to go blind, and maybe he doesn't like non-christians praying for his well being , but please pray for him.

May Glen Beck keep his eye sight intact for many years to come.
May Glen Beck be able to read and write and be able to see and recognize his wife and kids and all others.
May Glen Beck be able to be free from suffering, hatred, and may he grow compassionate.
May Glen Beck be happy, May Glen Beck be cured of this condition, if he can get cured.
May Glen Beck be healthy , healthy and joyful, free from suffering , may he lead a good life with good quality eyesight.
Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu :anjali:
Josef

Re: Prayer for Glen Beck

Post by Josef »

I highly doubt he (Beck) was telling the truth about this.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Nangwa wrote:I highly doubt he (Beck) was telling the truth about this.
If that is the case, then a different prayer on Beck's behalf is appropriate:

May Glenn Beck renounce violence of mind, speech, and body.

May Glenn Beck use his position of power in the media to promote peace and goodwill.

May Glenn Beck encounter the true Dharma, and practice the path to the end, attaining swift enlightenment on for the welfare of all beings.

May the world be a bit quieter for it.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

It would appear that Beck is suffering from Macular Dystrophy.

My Dad had a similar disorder - Macular Degeneration - for most of his adult life. It wasn't an easy thing for any of us, but especially for him.

While I don't care for Beck as an entertainer (he's no journalist), I wouldn't want to see anyone go though what he may be going through.

Loosing one's eyesight by inches really sux.

May Glen Beck have happiness and it's causes.
May he be free from suffering and it's causes.
May he never be separated from bliss without suffering.
May be in equanimity, free of bias, attachment and anger.
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

So I return, about 6 months away, two weeks short I think....here I am

My parents you see were both quite blind in their last years. My brother it seems can see a bit but dim light seems quite blind. Myself five years or so I see the incipient phase of this thing. Inheritance I think it is. The body fights this thing and many herbs and things I may do. Death it seems to crawling insects and such in places I inhabit it will be quite sad, to crush them not seeing them...most sad

But that aside no prayer I pray. I see this life a flash as has been said. And six billion it seems may avert these things and run away or towards some things, I find not a thing to run suchly for. As each thing it seems good or bad blindness or sight, each thing it is but composed of cause and result and as such is known. No thing it may exist only circumstance but so made. Each sense it seems a window in a wall I self construct. And dharma it seems the view in each and every window made. And if six or five or none at all windows do present what matter as each and every scene seen suchly is but dharma seen. And if no window does present at all all senses stripped what will that wall itself be but dharma construct. So blindness I find no such thing. Will I find this thing in wilderness haunt, with sudden onset a step from peak dissolved into night a fall and death so proscribed....quite so perhaps I care not a whit. Would I then pray with heart devote to the master of these things comprised, the inherant thing from all things derived.....this self to this would I then cry? And of these things from which I fly would I then pray these wings I call my, be then seperate by some force unknown and thus capeable of things not known?

Six billion you care run to and fro, from and towards what matter this. A flash they say I say it too. Its nature it seems is but dharma same.

So these gods or buddhas or deity or demon bright(I claim no Buddhist insight nor faith) if they know not of Glen Becks blindness and do not as result help Glenn Beck are they not inferior to me who knows such thing. Do they not then know less then simple me. And if they do know of such thing and Glen Beck they do not help though powers great.... do they then not lack one thing though great I may not be nor great will to help I may not hold....do they not lack this thing called compassion be? As such are they not as such lesser then even simple me?

Well I would suppose though powers great if they do require such thing as prayer to bring this type of thing to their attention or to incite such act they indeed do lack.

As such I say to them and to those that pray call these beings bright. These beings of great power and might. Tell them at this moment and in this slightest instant one does say....he cares not a whit and does in fact say quite clearly perhaps but for one instant but does clearly say...send Glen Becks blindness sent it his way.This one that is quite mad and foolish be he says he cares not a whit, no life he holds circumstance only. No fight he fights no prayer he makes no pain he feels no circumstance bad nor good he calls for. All it seem is awareness bright and dharma suchly is so comprised and the wall the space the inbetween these thoughts the empty wall with no vision nor window at all it be but dharma as well.

So this creature that does exist for this singular moment in this crowd of six billion says to those that make prayers and such things, tell these mightly ones....send Glen Becks blindness to me. Send the mothers child pain in belly tight cancer it seems, or rotting limbs fingers like sausages falling into pan just off leporsy or some such they say, eyes sightless, ears not hearing, fingers not touching....send them all to this one. He cares not to run.

He will take your gifts so greatly given and see them for what they are, window present or wall but present..dharma by not a single other name. And to you, you great beings bright for one second this creature that appears to exist but does not, this creature of only circumstance and habit insite, this creature will hold you all tight.In his hands you will be for one split second of no pain to see no fear to fear no sight to see no thing to not be or be.

So pray to these lesser creatures that require such things as prayers to become of attention or need to act....tell one does exist that awaits their gifts and thanks them for these things.

And as circumstance he but be comprised, circumstance that incites this awareness present coupled with habits claw and tendency so suchly held, does present in this split second made.
So with all worlds comprised beyond the fathoming a universe in each atom made a realm upon realm upon realm of beings surmised and circumstance beyond fathoming thusly in existance....

he suchly will arise and has arisin before. There is simply no chance this being as circumstances are suchly so varied and multiple....he will arise again.
So fear not ye creatures he will hold you tight again, it cannot be otherwise.
So send your prayers to those great ones but send those great ones to me with their gifts I know how to use them......compassions result they will achieve.

I care not a whit. YOu six billion or any that read this thing, at this place and time for this split second be ....one does say such a thing. I may not tomorrow I may not today and certainly may not yesterday....but right here and now I fully say....send such creatures of power might, send them my way with their presents delight. I will hold them and their presents...for this one second they may not fear. Pray this way tonight...

Goodnight
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
tktru

Post by tktru »

Why do I smell a set-up in the works here?

This announcement designed to earn sympathy points for Glenn Beck, followed by another announcement further down the line that he has been "miraculously cured" of the disease.

The irony, as others have pointed out, is that the man is already blind....
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

May Glenn Beck be well, happy and peaceful. May he be free from all illness. May he be free from all eye disease. May he be protected from all blindness. May he not loose his sight and may his sight not degrade in any way.

May all beings be free from all illnesses and esp. from blindness.

THADYATA OM BEYKANZE BEYKANZE MAHABEYKANZE BEYKANZE RAJA SAMUGATE SOHA
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Calahand

Post by Calahand »

ronnewmexico wrote:So I return, about 6 months away, two weeks short I think....here I am

My parents you see were both quite blind in their last years. My brother it seems can see a bit but dim light seems quite blind. Myself five years or so I see the incipient phase of this thing. Inheritance I think it is. The body fights this thing and many herbs and things I may do. Death it seems to crawling insects and such in places I inhabit it will be quite sad, to crush them not seeing them...most sad

I am sorry to hear that ,
May you and your family be well.
May you and your family be at ease.
may you and your family be happy.
May you and your family be healthy.

:namaste:
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

"I am sorry to hear that ,
May you and your family be well.
May you and your family be at ease.
may you and your family be happy.
May you and your family be healthy."

When done, I will know....my path was taken long ago, not to happinmess or things of delight it turns, but a wilderness gray stark and bold nature untold. Every bit of this me, left tattered in shreds upon its rocky climb. I fear it not....it is my prey, it is what I hunt.Its weapons of fear hope regret and doubt, are blunted by my shield. My shield you see it is of emptiness surround....no other. I hunt it. I have made myself strong on compassions feast unfold. I have cleared my eyes, steadied my hand with intent direct....to hunt this thing.
This thing it is found not in cities of delight, nor in family nor pleasures hearth but in combat in mountain top high, breath failing pulse wildly beating, hand furiously funding. I show it no quarter I give it no mercy I care not what limbs it may suffer what eyes it may blind, what family it may seperate, nor life it may deconstruct. It is you see quite wary, and fear I read in these things. The fear that these things bespoke, the fear of its end.... it only can be.
I hunt it and am very close..... its allies surround, its allies they weapons held high, but fail by my blow of emptiness construct. In fear they run, their friend so alone. He is my prey.

So close am I..... I taste its fine blood, I hear its gasping breath, it runs in fear you see..... these things it throws only they it can throw and to the ground they fall uselessly abound. Emptiness surround.

I am a hound on the scent, a wolf in for the kill, a hawk in it glide down, a sword in its stroke....this thing I hunt it is called me.I fear it not nor any of its weapons, so slight are they. In the suns first dawn of emptinesses beam they melt.

My breath it breathes not me it seems.... but circumstance surround. This me it thought it was he, you see....this breath surround. A choke hold I have about it....it will not escape. The breath it is not me, but emptinesses construct, circumstance, what is caused will effect....nothing more nor less. Not a bit of me.... it breathes. NO me there is to breathe. it breathes, me.... not.

So tempt me not C. YOu mean well, but I hunt not fear things of me surround. They are my prey. I await them with eyes wild and wide..... open. Blind I will not be. Swords stroke it comes to neck of this thing called me.

No...I want none of those things you speak of C. I want me.....it is my prey.It's bell of doom...it is ringing.
Can you hear it? Quite loudly it peels. It's bell of doom and soundness deconstruct. I await it.....in emptiness's dawn, I await it and will not be so distracted.

When done C....I will as has been said....give it all back to you.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
Heruka

Post by Heruka »

tktru wrote:Why do I smell a set-up in the works here?

This announcement designed to earn sympathy points for Glenn Beck, followed by another announcement further down the line that he has been "miraculously cured" of the disease.

when the mind sees only peaks and valleys.......

:thinking:
Heruka

Post by Heruka »

kirtu wrote:May Glenn Beck be well, happy and peaceful. May he be free from all illness. May he be free from all eye disease. May he be protected from all blindness. May he not loose his sight and may his sight not degrade in any way.

kirtu knows how!

:bow:
BFS

Post by BFS »

Heruka wrote:
kirtu wrote:May Glenn Beck be well, happy and peaceful. May he be free from all illness. May he be free from all eye disease. May he be protected from all blindness. May he not loose his sight and may his sight not degrade in any way.

kirtu knows how!

:D
Yonten Nyima

Post by Yonten Nyima »

tktru wrote:Why do I smell a set-up in the works here?

Maybe we shouldnt interfere with karma this time.
Just let it take its natural course, who knows, someone may benefit.

:pig:
Like the United States.
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

No offense YN....

it seems to me, Glen Beck and those of his sort in media are but a symptom of the illness not the illness isself. Sans Glen Beck another would quickly fill his space. American talk radio is literally stuffed with these folk.
Yonten Nyima

Post by Yonten Nyima »

Good point :namaste:

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”