Five Mountain Zen Order & Paul Lynch

Seishin
Former staff member

Re: Five Mountain Zen Order & Paul Lynch

Post by Seishin »

Maybe the other guy in the pic is his own inner demon and he is using his katana to cut down his fetters :tongue:
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Judging from the picture, neither of them know what they are doing. The guy with the jo does not have the correct body or hand position for a strike from the side and the guy doing the block would have his arm broken under real circumstances from doing a static block to that sort of strike.

As for the wrist lock photo. The guy applying the technique has the wrong stance and distance from the guy getting hurt (though I must admit the lock is being administered properly.

As for the katana... Well, Koreans have their own distinctive types of swords so why he would be using a Japanese style sword... :shrug:

But, hell, we are getting WAY :offtopic:
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Context!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acala" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gregkavarnos wrote:
Seishin wrote:Good idea Jikan. And I understand why he wouldn't take part. However my comments weren't so much to do with Buddhism and Martial Arts, but the use of wearing Buddhist robes whilst holding a sword in a threatening manner.
Like your avatar for example? :tongue:
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

gregkavarnos wrote:Judging from the picture, neither of them know what they are doing. The guy with the jo does not have the correct body or hand position for a strike from the side and the guy doing the block would have his arm broken under real circumstances from doing a static block to that sort of strike.

As for the wrist lock photo. The guy applying the technique has the wrong stance and distance from the guy getting hurt (though I must admit the lock is being administered properly.

As for the katana... Well, Koreans have their own distinctive types of swords so why he would be using a Japanese style sword... :shrug:

But, hell, we are getting WAY :offtopic:
:namaste:
Are you saying it takes many years of dedicated practice to really master a martial art? That long experience, careful study, and tutelage under a competent master may have some value? Not only in martial arts practice, but even... in Buddha Dharma?

I pose the question this way because, again, I'd like to find out more about what kind of training is offered at Five Mountain Zen Order and its affiliates. What are people learning, exactly, and in what time frame?
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Like your avatar for example? :tongue:
You do realise I was kidding, right? And, by the way, for the information of all you martial arts geeks out there, the sword Acala is holding is a Ken and not a Katana. :geek:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Seishin
Former staff member

Post by Seishin »

Yes I know, that's why my reply was equally dry witted :tongue: :focus:
jisahn108

Post by jisahn108 »

But wait? Are saying that nerdy looking kid ISN"T a "master of number of martial arts", having "achieved black belt level in many others"? Really? No!
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

jisahn108 wrote:But wait? Are saying that nerdy looking kid ISN"T a "master of number of martial arts", having "achieved black belt level in many others"? Really? No!
This nerdy-looking middle-aged dude is saying that it would be terrific to find out how such a thing is possible. Which is to say, it would serve the Buddhist public interest if we knew what kind of training was underway at the Five Mountain Zen Order, if only to understand what it means to participate in the Five Mountain Zen Order, and what it means to be authorized to teach others under the umbrella & auspices of the Five Mountain Zen Order.

The silence from our friends at the Five Mountain Zen Order and its affiliates such as the Beyond Walls Zendo in Kansas City so far is of interest too.

:coffee:
Seishin
Former staff member

Post by Seishin »

According to http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums ... 16&page=12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; he has
1.) Doju of Bup Mu Do
2.) Soke-Dai of Wa Ai Ju (Choshoku Ryu Kenpo Jutsu)
3.) Soke Dai of Shoshin Judo (4th Dan)
4.) 5th Dan Tukkong Mu Sool
5.) 5th Dan Tae Kwon Do
6.) 5th Dan Tang Soo Do
7.) 5th Dan Kong Soo Do
8.) 4th Dan Hanminjok Hapkido
9.) 4th Dan Mu Ki Do
10.) 4th Dan Ho Shin Do
11.) Aiki Jujutsu Renshi
He then replies (post #180) that most of the arts are practically the same but with different names.

Martial styles aside, writing lists like this only serve to blow ones own trumpet (so to speak). Although he says that he didn't put these titles on the websites he hasn't exactly removed them either.

It is also apparent that the FMZO are doing the same thing ie blowing trumpets. Whether they've got true credentials or not, this kind of boasting is becoming quite popular in :quoteunquote: western buddhism and it's a shame.

Anyways, I've had my fill of pointing fingers for one day, I'm off to look in the mirror :emb:

Gassho,
Seishin.
Sunya

Post by Sunya »

Hi, my name is Chester, my Buddhist name is Sunya Vajra Karuna, Thich Tam-Khong. My ordination came after five years of study, and my ordination to teach came after six more years under my teachers guidance. Our order requires at least ten years of study before being allowed to teach independently. After this, If given a red robe one is given permission to open a center or temple and act as abbot of it. We stress independence. We will not interfere with any other teacher to teach as they will. They have been tested with time and carefully nurtured. We trust these saplings and push them out to spread the Dharma.
With that said, I have met the Five Mountain Zen Order and Paul Lynch on line. I have investigated the group and Paul. I find them to be authentic and I am happy to join them in their efforts. I will add my linage to his in the hope that it will help us move beyond historical bigotry just for the sake of traditions. Slavery was a pretty popular cultural tradition and so is sexism and denial of handicapped, hell even ugly people aren't allowed ordination in most old schools. Dust on the mirror. Blow it off and get on with it. These people are sincere, and I for one am happy to help them dump these historical anchors.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Sunya wrote:Hi, my name is Chester, my Buddhist name is Sunya Vajra Karuna, Thich Tam-Khong. My ordination came after five years of study, and my ordination to teach came after six more years under my teachers guidance. Our order requires at least ten years of study before being allowed to teach independently. After this, If given a red robe one is given permission to open a center or temple and act as abbot of it. We stress independence. We will not interfere with any other teacher to teach as they will. They have been tested with time and carefully nurtured. We trust these saplings and push them out to spread the Dharma.
With that said, I have met the Five Mountain Zen Order and Paul Lynch on line. I have investigated the group and Paul. I find them to be authentic and I am happy to join them in their efforts. I will add my linage to his in the hope that it will help us move beyond historical bigotry just for the sake of traditions. Slavery was a pretty popular cultural tradition and so is sexism and denial of handicapped, hell even ugly people aren't allowed ordination in most old schools. Dust on the mirror. Blow it off and get on with it. These people are sincere, and I for one am happy to help them dump these historical anchors.
Hi Thich-Tam-Khong,

Welcome to DharmaWheel, and thank you for the remarkable post. I think your call to make the teachings available to everyone without regard to the way any given person's body is configured is surely a welcome one here. I welcome it. I did have a follow-up question for you: what, in particular, do you see as the historical dross or "dust on the mirror" in the specific case of the Five Mountain School? I'm asking because I'd like to know what if there's something we've misunderstood so far on this group in this discussion.

Many thanks,
Jikan
Mujinkaruna

Mujinkaruna (PERSONAL POSTS)

Post by Mujinkaruna »

My name is Mujin Karuna, and I am an ex Five Mountain Clergy, this morning I left the Order do to ethical reasons of Paul Lynch and his actions. Yes he does make up documentation to help everything look good, and he uses the signatures and seals of other teachers without their knowing. I have two such documents in my hands right now. He is also under investigation for nonprofit fraud with an audit coming down on him and his Paypal accounts froze do to his wrongful action and PayPal reporting him to the IRS for the nonprofit fraud. A quote from Paul this morning, "[07:34:22] Paul Wonji Lynch: The tax issues are for my Computer Consulting Business." him answering some questions I had leading to him using the word WAR just because these issues came up in my trying to sponsor my students for retreats that he and his Order can not do being broke. A private letter from the student portal to us;

Another Urgent Request
by Ven. Bill Charama Murphy - Thursday, 28 June 2012, 05:38 AM

Good Afternoon Sangha!
As you know, our beloved teacher, Ven. Yuanzhi, is leaving his home in Huntington Beach for his new residence in Las Vegas.
To that end, he has given away most of his belongings and is busy packing what's left into a rental truck. By this weekend, he'll be in his new home, the Zen Center of Las Vegas. His new address will be:

[REDACTED]

Even under normal circumstances, this would be a challenging time for anyone. Moving is never easy. Or fun. But with all of Soen Sa Nim's responsibilities with our Order, as well as the College of Zen Buddhist Studies -- on top of trying to eke out enough money on which to live -- this move is probably even more challenging for him...although he would not put it that way. To him, "it's all good."
I know these are tough economic times. And I know we're all doing our best to keep our heads above water. But I have a favor to ask of you:
Would you consider sending Soen Sa Nim a check to his new address so that he has money on which to live once he gets there?
Our Order's motto is "in the world with helping hands." And it's that way because Soen Sa Nim has a servant's heart. I've never known anyone more giving of his time and extraordinary wisdom. So I see no better opportunity to demonstrate helping hands than now. Because Soen Sa Nim needs our help.
If you're able to offer financial assistance (in any amount), please write a check and mail it to the address above. Don't use his Paypal account. That's been frozen due to a technicality regarding Five Mountain Order's non-profit status. Until he gets the matter worked out, he's living with meager funds, unable to draw money from that Paypal account.
If you aren't able to offer financial assistance, that's okay, too. Chant. Send positive energies his way. Do whatever you can to help make Soen Sa Nim's transition easier.
Thank you very much for your time. And thank you from the bottom of my heart for considering my request to help our teacher, and our friend.
Many Bows...and Much Love to You,
Rev. Bill Charama Murphy,
Executive Director
Five Mountain Zen Order

NOTE: ( please write a check and mail it to the address above. Don't use his Paypal account. That's been frozen due to a technicality regarding Five Mountain Order's non-profit status. Until he gets the matter worked out, he's living with meager funds, unable to draw money from that Paypal account.) again...[07:34:22] Paul Wonji Lynch: The tax issues are for my Computer Consulting Business." The State of Nevada has turned him down as well to date for nonprofit.

Another post from the student portal:
Urgent Request
by Dr. Wanji Dharma - Tuesday, 15 May 2012, 11:21 AM

Dear Five Mountain Sangha,
I hope this letter reaches you in good health and spirits, with a steadily deepening practice unfolding! It's a great honor to have such a caring, creative and wise extended dharma family and it's in that spirit that I am contacting you.
As most of you know in our country's current economic climate our dear guiding teacher, Zen Master Paul Yuanzhi Lynch, has faced many of the employment and economic issues that have come to face several of us over the past several years.
However it has come to my understanding that for Soensanim, his economic situation has come to something of a head in that he will be relocating out of necessity, from California to Nevada, to take up residence in the Zen Center of Las Vegas.
With that in mind our teacher could really use our immediate help at this time to cover his basic expenses (rent, food and travel etc) as he makes this transition.
Paul Soensanim has been a great light in my life personally, as no doubt he has and continues to be in many of yours, giving tirelessly of himself without question, and without and expectation of reward. Perhaps we can pull together and utilize our mirror minds to reflect Soensanim's great Bodhisattva action and spirit back his way with our together wisdom, creativity, generosity and caring.
I know that times for each of us are hard, however it is with great faith in our wonderful sangha, that I humbly ask each of you to do what you can in offering whatever you can directly to Soensanim during this time, as anything would be of great help to him. His direct paypal address is [REDACTED].
Please contact me with any questions or ideas so that we may support our great teacher through this time of transition.
Thank you all for your continued practice, support and light that you shine upon our world!
Sincerely yours in the Dharma,
Ven. Joshua Wanji Paszkiewicz
National Abbot – Five Mountain Zen Order
http://www.fmzo.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“...the Monastery Without Walls”

[07:34:50] Paul Wonji Lynch: We have nothing to discuss, you have made your decision.
[07:35:18] Paul Wonji Lynch: My son is taking care of our tax issues with our folded business, thank you.
[07:35:21] Mujin Cibei Sunim: I don`t know, all I know is it very much affected me yesterday in trying to do something for my students
[07:35:48] Mujin Cibei Sunim: what decision are you talking about?
[07:35:57] Paul Wonji Lynch: Have a wonderful life, and find a new sangha to support you
[07:36:08] Mujin Cibei Sunim: i haven`t rendered any such thing
[07:36:12] Paul Wonji Lynch: good bye my fiend.

This is how a fully ordained monk under the rules of the Vinaya acts behind the seen to not just me but he talks shit about every teacher i ever had, such as Zen Master Dae Gak and has stated he can give two shits about the Ven. Chitta or the Ven. karuna, after the fact of taking over her collage. He email me one day out of the blue and offered me the collage courses for free and a web site, then ask if I can make him robes that he has some problems with the guy in China. I just so happen to do Business with this certain person and it comes down to the fraud cases once again.

After he through the word war out there I replied;

[07:39:03] Mujin Cibei Sunim: i copied all your info.
[07:39:24] Mujin Cibei Sunim: you want to make a war with me?
[07:39:37] Mujin Cibei Sunim: it is a yes or no question sense you brought it up
[07:39:42] Paul Wonji Lynch: yes, and you are not a True Buddhist, I am sorry for your pain.
[07:39:50] Paul Wonji Lynch: good bye.

Just after being fully ordained under the Vinaya rules he wants to make war with me, can you believe this guy?
I have had my say Paul, o here`s one today..." [06:55:46] Paul Wonji Lynch:The shit on Dharma Wheel is not even worth me addressing, the people who run that began attacking Steven K Hayes and his Tendai Organization about 5 years ago. so why did you have a Dharma teacher with the name karuna make that statement on this site?

The money I never sent you went to both buying out right my Zen center for my students to have a home as well as myself, something you have yet to do in those 20 years you speak of in nonprofit, where all that money go Paul? The rest is in two sacks of rice a week by my front door to give out cups of rice to the dirty hungry homeless people that live on the streets of Manila, so they can eat in the morning at least. That Php3,000 per week out of my pocket as a disable combat vet, it comes to $73.13 a week. What have you done for humanity lately Paul, or whatever label your using today?
Ven Mujin karuna 法师无尽卡鲁纳
Abbot: shobogenzozencenter.org
Cell: +63 09071845304
[/i]
Mujinkaruna

Mujinkaruna (PERSONAL POSTS)

Post by Mujinkaruna »

Here you will see just how much schooling the Dean appointed to the Zen College really has. This information of any and all of Joshuas education is pulled from the student portal where all the FMZO student training is kept and archived. This is the FMZO National Abbot`s true level of study is at at this time and has not been cooked by Paul Lynch. He has not come even close to finishing the courses of study required under the FMZO own in place requirements for advancement in academics. He is not a fully ordain Bodhisattva monk under their requirements of his own Order, and can not under the Vinaya rules be fully ordained in the Ancient Order of Thich Thien-An do to the time requirements set by the Vietnamese Order that goes strictly by the Vinaya teachings. It takes being ordained and practicing in the Vietnamese Order for which he just last week took ordination in a min of ten (10) years to be a Dharma Teacher. This can be verified my the IBMC staff in L.A and the Ven. Karuna Dharma herself the second of only 2 heirs in the Order.

Ven. Dr. Joshua Wanji Paszkiewicz, National Abbot (Juji Sunim)

Ven. Dr. Joshua Wanji Paszkiewicz is a fully ordained Bodhisattva Monk in the Korean Zen tradition (holding the sixteen Bodhisattva precepts as well as the fifty-eight precepts of the Brahmajala Sutra). Currently serving as the Abbot of the Five Mountain Zen Order, he has been practicing meditation formally since the age of seven.

Having experienced a wide range of religious traditions since his childhood (spending ten years in Christian ministry training) Ven. Dr. Wanji has adopted a very pluralistic approach to engaging the dharma, and thus strives to foster an atmosphere where practitioners of all paths are welcome to explore and integrate Buddhist teachings.

Further, Ven. Dr. Wanji is an accomplished martial artist, having attained the title of Master in several arts (along with black belt level in a few others), and has founded his own method of Buddhist Life Protection Arts (called Bupmudo), which he actively instructs through programs at his temple, Beyond Walls Zen, in Kansas City.

After graduating from BSI-LA in July of 2012, Ven. Dr. Wanji was installed as Provost and Dean by Ven. Dr. Karuna Dharma and Ven. Dr. Kelsang Chitta Karuna, and charged with continuing the mission and vision for the Institute as laid out by Ven. Dr. Thich Thien-An.

Below is his true qualifications of record without Paul Lynches cooking of the books:

Profile Forum posts Blog

National Abbot of Five Mountain Zen Order
City/town: Kansas City
Email address: [REDACTED]
Web page: http://www.beyondwallszen.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Skype ID: hwashindoju
Courses: COM000 - Site Commons, ADM001 - Administration Commons, SUT323 - Diamond Sūtra, ARCHIVE-Q2-12-LIT302 - Basic Buddhist Ceremonies, ARCHIVE-Q2-12-BPH314 - Buddhist Precepts, ARCHIVE-Q3-12-BHP121 - The Life of the Buddha, ARCHIVE-Q3-12-BPH122 - Foundational Buddhism
First access: Wednesday, 7 September 2011, 12:54 AM (1 year 72 days)
Last access: Monday, 15 October 2012, 12:54 PM (33 days 11 hours)
Roles: Administrator,Student

Below is the courses he must as everyone pass per the College and FMZO requirements, as you will see, he is no where near to what is claimed:
Welcome to the College of Zen Buddhist Studies
and the Buddhist Studies Institute - Los Angeles
Student Portal

The Buddhist Studies Institute consists of the College of Zen Buddhist Studies and the Graduate School at the Buddhist Studies Institute of Los Angeles and provides world-class training and education that bridges East and West. As an authentic Zen Tradition, rooted in the gong'an training of the Ancient Ch'an Masters, we offer a path that offers traditional Liturgy and Sutras along side of the insight practices of Kan'hua Ch'an.

Currently under the direction of the Five Mountain Order (founded in 2008 as the Monastery Without Walls), the Buddhist Studies Institute - Los Angeles is one of the few Buddhist institutions in the world to make full use of online distance-education opportunities, providing our students with a convenient, affordable, and unique Buddhist training experience.

The Buddhist Studies Institute - Los Angeles was founded in 1973 by Venerable Dr. Thich Thien-an as the International Buddhist Training Institute, at the International Buddhist Mediation Center in Los Angeles, California. As an autonomous division of the University of Oriental Studies, the International Buddhist Training Institute was conceived with the specified purpose of offering Western style seminary training to Buddhist Monastics from around the world, whilst not neglecting the inherent experiential nature of Buddhist monastic training, in favor of secularly slanted academia.
College of Zen Buddhist Studies Website file
Buddhist Studies Institute - Los Angeles Website file
Course categories

Administration / Commons / Retreats

001 - Site Commons Area
COM000 - Site Commons
ADM001 - Administration Commons

002 - Retreat Commons Area
RET002 - National Fall/Winter Retreat
RET003 - National Summer Retreat
RET004 - Regional/Local Retreats
RET001 - Local/Solo Retreat
Undergraduate School

Associates of Buddhist Dharma

100 - Liturgical Studies
LIT101 - Chanting Practicum One
LIT102 - Chanting Practicum Two
LIT103 - Ceremony Chanting Practicum
LIT111 - Meditation Practicum One
LIT112 - Meditation Practicum Two

100 - Buddhist Studies
BHP121 - The Life of the Buddha
BPH122 - Foundational Buddhism
BHP123 - Buddhism Beyond Religion
BPH124 - Daoism and Buddhism
BPH125 - Buddhist Iconography

200 - Liturgical Studies
LIT201 - Mantra Practicum
LIT202 - Public Speaking and Dharma Talks
LIT203 - Kanhua Ch'an & Huatou
LIT204 - Traditional Meditation Forms
LIT205 - Daily Ceremonies
LIT206 - Qìgōng Practicum

200 - Buddhist Studies
BPH211 - Korean Buddhist History
BPH212 - Korean Buddhism
BPH213 - Seon Master T'aego
BPH214 - Intro to Zen Buddhism
BPH215 - Tea and Zen
BPH216 - Zen Poetry

Bachelors of Buddhist Dharma

300 - Liturgical Studies
LIT301 - Advanced Meditation Forms
LIT302 - Basic Buddhist Ceremonies
LIT303 - Advanced Buddhist Ceremonies
LIT304 - Starting/Running a Zen Center

300 - Buddhist Studies
BPH311 - Mirror of Zen
BPH312 - Buddhist Ethics
BPH313 - Spiritual Materialism
BPH314 - Buddhist Precepts
BPH315 - Buddhist Monastic Code

300 - Sūtra Studies
SUT321 - Platform Sūtra
SUT322 - Heart Sūtra
SUT323 - Diamond Sūtra

400 - Buddhist Studies
BPH401 - Intro to Spiritual Counseling
BPH402 - Compass of Zen
BPH403 - Kanhua Ch'an
BPH404 - Advanced Spiritual Counseling

400 - Historical Zen Masters
HZM411 - Chán Master Dàhuì
HZM412 - Bodhidharma - the Man, the Myth, the Legend
HZM413 - Chán Master Huangbo
HZM414 - Chán Master Linji
HZM415 - Chán Master Xuyun
HZM416 - Chán Master Mǎzŭ

400 - Sūtra Studies
SUT421 - Perfect Enlightenment Sūtra
SUT422 - Vimalakīrti Nirdeśa Sūtra
SUT423 - Laṅkāvatāra Sūtra
Graduate School

500 - Masters of Buddhist Dharma

500 - General Buddhist Studies
BPH503 - Buddhism and Interfaith Dialogue
BPH504 - Early Indian Religions
BPH505 - Daoist Philosophy and Chan Buddhism
BPH506 - The Vinaya
BPH507 - Buddhist Answers to Current Issues

520 - Korean Buddhist Studies
KBS521 - Hwaŏm I: The Mainstream Tradition
KBS522 - Wonhyo: Selected Works
KBS523 - Hyujeong: Selected Works
KBS524 - Gongan Collections I
KBS525- Seon Poems: Selected Works
KBS526 - Korean Buddhist Culture

MTH590 - Masters Thesis
MTH591 - Advanced Research Methodology
MTH592 - Adv. Research and Study of Buddhism
MTH597 - Thesis I (Proposal)
MTH598 - Thesis II (Material & Format)
MTH599 - Thesis III (Oral Defense)

600 - Doctor of Buddhist Dharma

620 - Korean Buddhist Studies
KBS626 - Eminent Korean Buddhist Monks
KBS621 - Chinul Selected Works
KBS622 - Hwaŏm II: Selected Works
KBS623 - Doctrinal Treatises: Selected Works
KBS624 - Gongan Collections II
KBS625 - Seon Dialogues

DDS690 - Doctoral Dissertation
DDS691 - Advanced Research Methodology
DDS692 - Adv. Research and Study of Buddhism
DDS697 - Dissertation I (Proposal)
DDS698 - Dissertation II (Material & Format)
DDS699 - Dissertation III (Oral Defense)
Course Archives

2012 Calendar Year Courses

2012 Quarter One
ARCHIVE-Q1-12-LIT101 - Chanting Practicum One
ARCHIVE-Q1-12-LIT111 - Meditation Practicum One
ARCHIVE-Q1-12-BHP121 - The Life of the Buddha
ARCHIVE-Q1-12-BPH122 - Foundational Buddhism
ARCHIVE-Q1-12-HZM412 - Bodhidharma - the Man, the Myth, the Legend

2012 Quarter Two
ARCHIVE-Q2-12-LIT101 - Chanting Practicum One
ARCHIVE-Q2-12-LIT102 - Chanting Practicum Two
ARCHIVE-Q2-12-LIT111 - Meditation Practicum One
ARCHIVE-Q2-12-LIT112 - Meditation Practicum Two
ARCHIVE-Q2-12-BHP121 - The Life of the Buddha
ARCHIVE-Q2-12-BPH122 - Foundational Buddhism
ARCHIVE-Q2-12-BHP123 - Buddhism Beyond Religion
ARCHIVE-Q2-12-LIT302 - Basic Buddhist Ceremonies
ARCHIVE-Q2-12-BPH311 - Mirror of Zen
ARCHIVE-Q2-12-BPH314 - Buddhist Precepts
ARCHIVE-Q2-12-SUT321 - Platform Sūtra

2012 Quarter Three
ARCHIVE-Q3-12-LIT101 - Chanting Practicum One
ARCHIVE-Q3-12-LIT102 - Chanting Practicum Two
ARCHIVE-Q3-12-LIT111 - Meditation Practicum One
ARCHIVE-Q3-12-LIT112 - Meditation Practicum Two
ARCHIVE-Q3-12-BHP121 - The Life of the Buddha
ARCHIVE-Q3-12-BPH122 - Foundational Buddhism
ARCHIVE-Q3-12-BHP123 - Buddhism Beyond Religion
ARCHIVE-Q3-12-BPH311 - Mirror of Zen
ARCHIVE-Q3-12-SUT321 - Platform Sūtra
ARCHIVE-Q3-12-BPH401 - Intro to Zen Buddhism
ARCHIVE-Q3-12-HZM416 - Chán Master Mǎzŭ
TEST-HZM416 - Chán Master Mǎzŭ
Ven Mujin karuna 法师无尽卡鲁纳
Abbot: shobogenzozencenter.org
Cell: +63 09071845304
[/i]
Huseng
Former staff member

Post by Huseng »

This topic is locked given the volatility of what has been posted and personal nature of it.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

I am unlocking the thread. Some posts have been modified to remove personal information of private individuals.
DGA
Former staff member

Re: Mujinkaruna (PERSONAL POSTS)

Post by DGA »

Mujinkaruna wrote: Paul Wonji Lynch:The shit on Dharma Wheel is not even worth me addressing, the people who run that began attacking Steven K Hayes and his Tendai Organization about 5 years ago. so why did you have a Dharma teacher with the name karuna make that statement on this site?
For the record, Steven K Hayes has never run a Tendai organization. I did interact with him on e-sangha, though, as did some others who are now here at DharmaWheel. Evidently I'm not the only one who found that interaction memorable. Anyway...

I'm assuming Lynch (as quoted by Mujinkaruna) is referring to this post:
Sunya wrote:Hi, my name is Chester, my Buddhist name is Sunya Vajra Karuna, Thich Tam-Khong. My ordination came after five years of study, and my ordination to teach came after six more years under my teachers guidance. Our order requires at least ten years of study before being allowed to teach independently. After this, If given a red robe one is given permission to open a center or temple and act as abbot of it. We stress independence. We will not interfere with any other teacher to teach as they will. They have been tested with time and carefully nurtured. We trust these saplings and push them out to spread the Dharma.
Are we to understand this comment ^^^ as sloppy PR? Does it indeed reflect the sentiments and views of Sunya Vajra Karuna, Thich Tham-Khong, or was it written by someone else, as the statement attributed to Lynch seems to imply?
SonofRage

Post by SonofRage »

I'm really saddened by all this. I was hoping this would be cleared up in a good way. The people I've interacted with at Five Mountain have all been very nice and I hate to think that they are getting shammed.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

SonofRage wrote:I'm really saddened by all this. I was hoping this would be cleared up in a good way. The people I've interacted with at Five Mountain have all been very nice and I hate to think that they are getting shammed.
We don't really know what's going on here, for all the claims that have been made and questions put forward. Who knows?
SonofRage

Post by SonofRage »

The abbot of the Shobogenzo Zen Center, which just left FMZO, has been blogging about it here: http://shobogenozencenter.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

SonofRage wrote:The abbot of the Shobogenzo Zen Center, which just left FMZO, has been blogging about it here: http://shobogenozencenter.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The English is so poor, I can't follow it.

Return to “Zen”