Regarding Chinese spies

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Re: Regarding Chinese spies

Postby plwk » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:56 pm

plwk

Postby conebeckham » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:51 pm

His Holiness has reputedly said many things about his next incarnation, including 'perhaps I should come back as a female," etc.
His most repeated statement, though, is that he will NOT come back in PRC control.

In any case, the Tibetan Dharma traditions are now spreading throughout the world, and I don't think the Tibetan Dharma traditions will disappear when His Holiness leaves us. Whether or not he (or she) comes back. Who knows what will happen to China and Tibet, though? One thing is certain, things will change...and change again.....
May any merit generated by on-line discussion
Be dedicated to the Ultimate Benefit of All Sentient Beings.
conebeckham

Postby JohnRammy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:32 pm

Red Faced Buddha wrote:I don't need an oracle to tell me that.China will "find" the "new" Dalai Lama just like they did the Panchen Lama.No doubt he'll be a puppet for China.Then,the monks will try to find the new Dalai Lama but China will most likely try to stop this.What really worries me though,is what if China actually picks the real Dalai Lama(knowingly or unknowingly)and manages to brainwash him.I think the Dalai Lama should try to reincarnate somewhere else or try to achieve enlightenment in this lifetime.At least then the Chinese won't be able to sink their fingers into his next incarnation.

This is why HHDL needs to pick the next Dalai Lama while still alive, and stop the whole tulku rebirth thing.
Everything lacks the identity (atman) imputed by mere conceptual labels.
JohnRammy

Postby Red Faced Buddha » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:35 pm

I heard a joke where the Dalai Lama might get just sick of it all and come back as an eagle. :tongue: Wish I had the ability to choose my next reincarnation,I'd make a great Asura :tantrum: .
A person once asked me why I would want to stop rebirth. "It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want to be reborn."
I replied. "Wanting to be reborn is like wanting to stay in a jail cell, when you have the chance to go free and experience the whole wide world. Does a convict, on being freed from his shabby, constricting, little cell, suddenly say "I really want to go back to jail and be put in a cell. It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want that?"
Red Faced Buddha

Postby Red Faced Buddha » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:41 am

plwk wrote:Image

Kind of topic but that is SOOOOOOOOOOOO adorable.I'm setting that as my desktop image.
A person once asked me why I would want to stop rebirth. "It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want to be reborn."
I replied. "Wanting to be reborn is like wanting to stay in a jail cell, when you have the chance to go free and experience the whole wide world. Does a convict, on being freed from his shabby, constricting, little cell, suddenly say "I really want to go back to jail and be put in a cell. It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want that?"
Red Faced Buddha

Postby pemachophel » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:01 pm

Red-faced,

It's said in Tibetan, "If you want to know what you were in your last life, look at your current body. If you want to know what you will be in your next life, look at your mind." So you just may get your wish.

:namaste:
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
pemachophel

Postby Red Faced Buddha » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:07 pm

pemachophel wrote:Red-faced,

It's said in Tibetan, "If you want to know what you were in your last life, look at your current body. If you want to know what you will be in your next life, look at your mind." So you just may get your wish.

:namaste:

Nah,the worst rebirth I'd probably get,resulting from karma in this lifetime would be a preta,and that's only if you count stealing from the cookie jar at night as a kid as having such serious bad karma. :tongue:
Red Faced Buddha

Previous

Return to Tibetan Buddhism