Buddhism and Parenting Thread

No holds barred discussion on the Buddhadharma. Argue about rebirth, karma, commentarial interpretations etc. Be nice to each other.

Re: Buddhism and Parenting Thread

Postby Ayu » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:12 pm

If we educate ourselves, if we have ethics in mind and live them, then it's not possible not to give this to the children. That comes from inside. And the more authentical somebody is, the more useful and possible is the education he gives.

One small advice about peeing into the bed:
Give her positive attention for behaviour you like. Don't give much negative attention for undesireable behaviour. Because for the child great negative attention might be better than nothing. Many children do so because often we forget to attend them when they are quiet and calm...
I learned to clean the bed without scolding and to say "Well done!" when it kept dry. :juggling:
Because, if our mothers, who have been kind to us
From beginningless time, are suffering,
What can we do with (just) our own happiness?
From 10th of 37 Bodhisattva Practices
Ayu

Postby Johnny Dangerous » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:35 pm

Thank you for the reminder Ayu, sometimes there is so much going on that i have to say "no" to, that I don't remember to keep messages positive!
"Just as a lotus does not grow out of a well-levelled soil but from the mire, in the same way the awakening mind
is not born in the hearts of disciples in whom the moisture of attachment has dried up. It grows instead in the hearts of ordinary sentient beings who possess in full the fetters of bondage." -Se Chilbu Choki Gyaltsen
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Postby Ayu » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:50 pm

Yes. I know exactly what you are talking about. :namaste:
Because, if our mothers, who have been kind to us
From beginningless time, are suffering,
What can we do with (just) our own happiness?
From 10th of 37 Bodhisattva Practices
Ayu

Previous

Return to Open Dharma