A very pleasant day to you, my fellow travellers!

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
hwan

A very pleasant day to you, my fellow travellers!

Post by hwan »

Hello, Dharma friends! (And sorry for the title, I always tend to play with the greetings!)

I've been lurking as a ghost on this forum and finally decided to register. Living in a dharmically remote (oh how fancy that sounds!) place, I'm unaffiliated and have no opportunity to study in a sangha, not to mention under the guidance of a qualified teacher. (Well, there are also some other issues, mostly related to my social and organising skills (aka the most vital skills one can have in a capitalistic society...) which are far away from brilliant.) So my practice is rather simple and down to earth - sitting meditation, mantra recitation (OM MANI PEME HUNG) and the small Chenrezig practice which can be found e. g. on Lama Kathy's website as a pdf (This seems to be quite the same thing but without the liturgy.). And of course some basic human skills, kindness, compassion, all that.
..Why do this kind of posts always sound like awkward job applications when I write them? "Oh hello boss, I'll probably wreck this company but I might be able to develop some compassion.."

I'd also like to use the amazing freedom of the internet, the possibility to stay silent about my 'personal details' (such as age, name, origin, gender, height, weight, IQ, shoe size, names of my cousins, my vaccionation history - you name it. :D).

See you on the board,
hwan
waimengwan

Re: A very pleasant day to you, my fellow travellers!

Post by waimengwan »

Welcome :)
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hi:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:buddha1:
hwan

Post by hwan »

lobster

Post by lobster »

:jawdrop: Ghost?

:thinking: You seem a friendly ghost . . . :twothumbsup: :hi:
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Hi hwan,

very best wishes for you: good conversation and inspiration on this forum.

Ayu :coffee:
relay

Post by relay »

Welcome from New York, US.

peace,
relay
"We do not have to be ashamed of what we are. As sentient beings we have wonderful backgrounds. These backgrounds may not be particularly enlightened or peaceful or intelligent. Nevertheless, we have soil good enough to cultivate; we can plant anything in it.”
~Chögyam Trungpa

Return to “Introductions”