Regarding Chinese spies

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
lotwell

Regarding Chinese spies

Post by lotwell »

Regarding Chinese spies (Tib: rGya nak ki so pa):

How to identify them?

:sage:

Lotwell
philji

Re: Regarding Chinese spies

Post by philji »

They wouldn't be a very good spy if it was that easy would it???
Matylda

Post by Matylda »

lotwell wrote:Regarding Chinese spies (Tib: rGya nak ki so pa):

How to identify them?

:sage:

Lotwell
What do you mean by Chinese spies? In China? This is easy... in Tibet, that is easy too... in the West? well depends on ones own experience with Chinese... but basically they have spy nature and it is long historical tradition.

in modern Tibetan buddhism.. well there are a lot in Tibet and pretty much outside. There are some ''tulkus'' recognized by Chinese, and the number rapidly grew up.. those Tibetans get substantial benefits and profits and serve well Chinese party and gov. they also frequent other Asian countries and the West as well.. some got sort of popularity, getting good money, nice centeres and a lot of people working for them :) those are good spies...
Jinzang

Post by Jinzang »

Back in the Fifties the US Communist Party could tell who was an FBI informant by how punctually they paid their dues. The informants were never late, the real party members sometimes were late or forgot. A spy is going to act purer than pure, "more Catholic than the Pope," as the saying goes.
"It's as plain as the nose on your face!" Dottie Primrose
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

I've heard that Lamas who are on the Chinese Communist Party payroll, within China, are easily distinguished by their great personal wealth. Some are said to be rewarded for spreading false rumors about lamas who are seen as being aligned with the Dalai Lama, and sowing discord between gompas within China.

I've heard first hand reports that fake monks and nuns who follow tourist groups around wearing Dalai Lama buttons, and are seen again and again where ever they go, on buses and milling about listening. They say it is incredibly obvious. Also, one day you will see someone dressed as a lay person, the next dressed as monk.

It can be assumed that there are people assigned to read Dharma sites like this.
Jinzang

Post by Jinzang »

It can be assumed that there are people assigned to read Dharma sites like this.
If so, they're wasting their money. It's easy enough to download the posts, put them in a database, and then do content analysis to generate any reports they require.
"It's as plain as the nose on your face!" Dottie Primrose
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

Jinzang wrote:
If so, they're wasting their money. It's easy enough to download the posts, put them in a database, and then do content analysis to generate any reports they require.
I would call that loosely "reading."
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Well, I can't really say that much, but definitely not all the tulkus recognized by the government are informants. Most monks regardless of school are still loyal to the Dalai Lama.
ngodrup

Post by ngodrup »

Spies in general are known to each other regardless of who they work for.
For example, there's a well known air show in Paris, all the spies attend...
The schmooze each other and pretend they aren't recognized. How can it be
much different in Asia?
Matylda

Post by Matylda »

Sherlock wrote:Well, I can't really say that much, but definitely not all the tulkus recognized by the government are informants. Most monks regardless of school are still loyal to the Dalai Lama.
Yes, not ALL.. but MANY... and those imposters are also VERY loyal to HH :)
lisehull

Post by lisehull »

Where do you guys get your information? It seems more like you are making it up. . . :toilet:
Lise
JohnRammy

Post by JohnRammy »

I can cite academic sources, that say the Chinese government forces monks to worship Dorje Shugden, denounce the Dalai Lama etc.

Not to mention the numerous other bullshit activities the PRC does.
Everything lacks the identity (atman) imputed by mere conceptual labels.
Matylda

Post by Matylda »

lisehull wrote:Where do you guys get your information? It seems more like you are making it up. . . :toilet:
Lise
We guys get it from well known teachers, Rinpoches, and lamas who know situation in Tibet.. we also know it since we have been in China and had pretty wide contact with Buddhists and teachers over there... misinformed and naive cannot imagine how to get info :) so you guys are simply living in a cloud of delusion concerning the situation in Tibet proper and Kham/Amdo region...

Moreover those Tibetan impostors got already to the West and gathered even some students... and tried even to get close to HH in Western countries during his numerous visits.. we guys witnessed such things. With our own guys' eyes...
lisehull

Post by lisehull »

I am not denying the accuracy of your comments, per se, just wanting to know your sources. You still haven't given specific sources for your information.
:thanks:
Lise
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

Spies are very clever in the means they adopt to avoid suspicion. I hear some of them even post queries about how to detect spies on Buddhist boards, to make it look like they can't be spies. Then they carefully document all the replies and take them home and use them to teach all the other spies how Buddhists detect them.

:alien:
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
heart

Post by heart »

"And the spies came out of the water
But you're feeling so bad cos you know
But the spies hide out in every corner
But you can't touch them no
Cos they're all spies
They're all spies"

Coldplay
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
philji

Post by philji »

This thread is such a waste of time....
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

lisehull wrote:I am not denying the accuracy of your comments, per se, just wanting to know your sources. You still haven't given specific sources for your information.
:thanks:
Lise
Lisa, I get my specific information from lamas who live in Tibet, and Chinese friends who live in the U.S. now. Of course we're not going to give their names. It's pretty much a characteristic of this kind of regime that they monitor their citizens for any potential threat to the status quo as closely as possible.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Espionage is always on, but at present the heat may be turned up a bit higher. There's a political crisis in China right now. I hope it doesn't shock our friends who may be spies a-readin' this thread to know that we can usually tell there's a crisis in China when the CPC starts propagandizing against the Japanese over some obscure issue or another, or over History in general. And it's in the news.

Given the current situation in Tibet (immolations...), it may well be that sites such as this one are under particular scrutiny. So, if anyone has anything they'd like to see filed away by the 'bots of Beijing (and maybe a few human spies too), say it here.

I'll go first: the Situationist International was right about you. Look it up.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Right on, Jikan!
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”