unimportant day

Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?

unimportant day

Postby ram peswani » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:39 am

Unimportant day


Ram/riju does not remember the day 8 to 10 years back when during last 3-4
years of intensive meditation he touched the live wire experience of EMPTINESS.

Ram was living in a household with large family. After experiencing Emptiness, he
entered the household, saw his body and this body's relationship with family, their
pain and happiness. And knew that all this also was real.

All universe is Emptiness and yet Ram, ram's body and family are also REAL.
AND YET EMPTY.

YES, that was the day when Sutra of One Vehicle was experienced by Ram's
body.
Body in subconscious knew that I am Empty and yet "I am Ram, relatives,
friends, all humans".

Living in Hindu tradition without any inside and outside contact with Buddhism or
Guatam Buddh; Ram had realised this LOTUS SUTRA OF ONE VEHICLE.

On that day Ram had no knowledge about Mahayana, Hinayana, Therwada,
Vajradhara, any branch of budhism. He had only heard about Guatam Buddha, a
saint who was born in India some 2500 years back.

For atleast 5 years Ram travelled Himalayas, temples, met saints to compare his
knowledge (Lotus sutra) with no results.

Ram wasted his next year on internet on Kundalini Yoga.
And suddenly a chapter on Lotus sutra appeared on internet. Ram was in
ecastacy that he has found out a companion. That he is not alone. Ram located a
translated book in English from Dharamshala (a city in north of India) on Lotus
sutra. And Ram had now a friend. He was not ALONE.

Ram enjoyed spending next 4-5 years in the company of this Lotus sutra.
The friendship was so deep that Ram and Lotus sutra were almost like ONE

And then Ram thought that there are millions of buddhists in this world and they
are his family. He sought them out on internet on the site Dharma wheel.
For six months he suffered as Dharma wheel refused to accept Ram as a family.

Ram was sad, but he had not lost the hope. He went in search of " Buddhist
without Boundries". Ram was heard, but his lonliness remained with him. His
sadness increased. He was not successful in finding any companion.

Next he contacted "FreeSangha". They heard him. And out of COMPASSION
they suffered him.And then one day they wanted to tell him. Ram, no more, you
cannot be our family.

Ram was in a SHOCK and he wept openly in his room.At that instance
compassion flew out to FreeSangha and some one said " Ram, none of us here
understand this Lotus sutra, but you can remain as one of our familly.

After 8-10 years the experiment is repeating. At that time it was Emptiness and
the family. My family co operated with my requirement and Now This body of
Ram will carry and guide the family along.

Now it is the Lotus sutra and this whole of buddhist family. This body and Lotus
sutra will carry and guide all these buddhist around the world along because of
compassion shown by BWB and FreeSangha

P.S......Ram is now reading Element who is writing in "Buddhists without
Boundries" . Ram is enjoying Element's writing in simple language of Guatam
Buddha about His teaching on Hinayana and Therwada. Ram is learning the
language of Guatam buddha and His words , so that he can be a part of this
whole Buddhist family.


Ram is innocently Egoist, so do not chide him on the language of this letter.
In the morning when Ram is in meditation he is Buddha Himself and when he
comes out of meditation, Ram is lonely, lost and same as all of us.
Thanks.
ram peswani
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:53 am

Re: unimportant day

Postby Konchog1 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:34 am

Konchog doesn't quite understand but is happy that Ram is happy.
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
User avatar
Konchog1
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:30 am

Re: unimportant day

Postby Seishin » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:24 pm

Ram, thank you for your letter. I'm not sure why you chose to write in the third person, though the letter above is a little confusing. Sometimes are greatest friends are the ones who disagree with us. So don't feel lonely or hated just because we don't see eye to eye

Dhammapada (Twin Verses: 1.3-1.5)
” ‘She abused me, he beat me, she defeated me, he robbed me’:
In those who harbor such thoughts, hatred will never cease.
‘She abused me, he beat me, she defeated me, he robbed me’:
In those who do not harbor such thoughts, hatred will cease.
For never does hatred cease by hatred at any time. Hatred ceases by love. This is an eternal law. “

Gassho,
Seishin.
User avatar
Seishin
Former staff member
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:53 am

Re: unimportant day

Postby lowlydog » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:01 pm

Hi Ram,

If you have experienced emptyness, then you know how to walk the path.
When you sit in meditation and feel one with Buddha, Great!!
When you get up, why does your meditation stop? You have only changed postures.
Work on maintaining your awareness, a Yogi is to develope awareness 24/7.

:namaste:
lowlydog
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Re: unimportant day

Postby ram peswani » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:56 am

Seishin wrote:Ram, thank you for your letter.
So don't feel lonely or hated just because we don't see eye to eye



Lonely because , no one is following the path of Lotus sutra on this earth at present.
I have been walking alone for last 20 years. Till now I felt that I will meet a companion
on this path, sooner or later. But even those hopes are dashed.
THERE IS NO ONE WALKING THE PATH. Till one does not walk this path in the end.
Buddhism will not and cannot bear the FRUIT. UNFORTUNATE TIMES.

No one even knows why lotus sutra, understanding and then walking the path is
this important. These are the words that Guatam buddha says in the Lotus sutra.

HATAED ....No hatred is absent totally, otherwise there will be no walking.
ram peswani
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:53 am

Re: unimportant day

Postby Sherab Dorje » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:11 am

ram peswani wrote:Lonely because , no one is following the path of Lotus sutra on this earth at present.
I have been walking alone for last 20 years. Till now I felt that I will meet a companion
on this path, sooner or later. But even those hopes are dashed.
THERE IS NO ONE WALKING THE PATH. Till one does not walk this path in the end.
Buddhism will not and cannot bear the FRUIT. UNFORTUNATE TIMES.
So you are the only person in this world that actually knows of and "follows" the teachings in the Lotus Sutra? Is that what you are saying?
:namaste:
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
User avatar
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9957
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: unimportant day

Postby Seishin » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:06 am

ram peswani wrote:Lonely because , no one is following the path of Lotus sutra on this earth at present.
I have been walking alone for last 20 years. Till now I felt that I will meet a companion
on this path, sooner or later. But even those hopes are dashed.
THERE IS NO ONE WALKING THE PATH. Till one does not walk this path in the end.
Buddhism will not and cannot bear the FRUIT. UNFORTUNATE TIMES.

No one even knows why lotus sutra, understanding and then walking the path is
this important. These are the words that Guatam buddha says in the Lotus sutra.

HATAED ....No hatred is absent totally, otherwise there will be no walking.


Many people follow the Lotus Sutra but you do not agree with them. Your loneliness is your own doing.

Gassho,
Seishin.
User avatar
Seishin
Former staff member
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:53 am

Re: unimportant day

Postby Inge » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:27 pm

ram peswani wrote:Unimportant day


Ram/riju does not remember the day 8 to 10 years back when during last 3-4
years of intensive meditation he touched the live wire experience of EMPTINESS.

Ram was living in a household with large family. After experiencing Emptiness, he
entered the household, saw his body and this body's relationship with family, their
pain and happiness. And knew that all this also was real.

All universe is Emptiness and yet Ram, ram's body and family are also REAL.
AND YET EMPTY.

YES, that was the day when Sutra of One Vehicle was experienced by Ram's
body.
Body in subconscious knew that I am Empty and yet "I am Ram, relatives,
friends, all humans".

Living in Hindu tradition without any inside and outside contact with Buddhism or
Guatam Buddh; Ram had realised this LOTUS SUTRA OF ONE VEHICLE.

On that day Ram had no knowledge about Mahayana, Hinayana, Therwada,
Vajradhara, any branch of budhism. He had only heard about Guatam Buddha, a
saint who was born in India some 2500 years back.

For atleast 5 years Ram travelled Himalayas, temples, met saints to compare his
knowledge (Lotus sutra) with no results.

Ram wasted his next year on internet on Kundalini Yoga.
And suddenly a chapter on Lotus sutra appeared on internet. Ram was in
ecastacy that he has found out a companion. That he is not alone. Ram located a
translated book in English from Dharamshala (a city in north of India) on Lotus
sutra. And Ram had now a friend. He was not ALONE.

Ram enjoyed spending next 4-5 years in the company of this Lotus sutra.
The friendship was so deep that Ram and Lotus sutra were almost like ONE

And then Ram thought that there are millions of buddhists in this world and they
are his family. He sought them out on internet on the site Dharma wheel.
For six months he suffered as Dharma wheel refused to accept Ram as a family.

Ram was sad, but he had not lost the hope. He went in search of " Buddhist
without Boundries". Ram was heard, but his lonliness remained with him. His
sadness increased. He was not successful in finding any companion.

Next he contacted "FreeSangha". They heard him. And out of COMPASSION
they suffered him.And then one day they wanted to tell him. Ram, no more, you
cannot be our family.

Ram was in a SHOCK and he wept openly in his room.At that instance
compassion flew out to FreeSangha and some one said " Ram, none of us here
understand this Lotus sutra, but you can remain as one of our familly.

After 8-10 years the experiment is repeating. At that time it was Emptiness and
the family. My family co operated with my requirement and Now This body of
Ram will carry and guide the family along.

Now it is the Lotus sutra and this whole of buddhist family. This body and Lotus
sutra will carry and guide all these buddhist around the world along because of
compassion shown by BWB and FreeSangha

P.S......Ram is now reading Element who is writing in "Buddhists without
Boundries" . Ram is enjoying Element's writing in simple language of Guatam
Buddha about His teaching on Hinayana and Therwada. Ram is learning the
language of Guatam buddha and His words , so that he can be a part of this
whole Buddhist family.


Ram is innocently Egoist, so do not chide him on the language of this letter.
In the morning when Ram is in meditation he is Buddha Himself and when he
comes out of meditation, Ram is lonely, lost and same as all of us.
Thanks.

Hi Ram.
Hsuan Hua propagated the Lotus sutra. I remember him saying that the Shurangama sutra is for awakening wisdom, The Lotus sutra for attaining Buddhahood, and the Avatamsaka sutra for both. I hope to read it before I die.
User avatar
Inge
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:52 am

Re: unimportant day

Postby ram peswani » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:18 am

[*]
Inge wrote:Hi Ram.
Hsuan Hua propagated the Lotus sutra. I remember him saying that the Shurangama sutra is for awakening wisdom, The Lotus sutra for attaining Buddhahood, and the Avatamsaka sutra for both. I hope to read it before I die.



One month back approx. I was directed to Hsuan Hua on another site.
I read his commentries on Lotus sutra.

He has barely touched the lotus sutra.
He has also written that he does not understand lotus sutra and he
is not going to expand it as it is very important sutra. He said that
he may do harm to lotus sutra.
On Free sangha site I have commented on him. He is very advanced
and true follower.

Avatamsaka sutra tells about the fantastic reach of Guatam Buddha
in all the lokas and to all the different type of sentients.
ram peswani
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:53 am

Re: unimportant day

Postby ram peswani » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:42 am

gregkavarnos wrote:So you are the only person in this world that actually knows of and "follows" the teachings in the Lotus Sutra? Is that what you are saying?
:namaste:



Six months back , you had lot of trouble accepting my writings on lotus sutra.
I had come out of direct experience of Lotus sutra thro my meditation.
You had probably read a lot from books on buddhism.
Our discussions were leading towards nothing.

Now I have understood the present position of Buddhism including yours.
I have also written a few articles on my experiences in Free Sangha and BWB.
They may clear your understanding of me and lotus sutra.
I had also suggested a few scientific books for you to read.

I was experienced and then on your advice read a lot on Buddhism.
Now you have on my advice to read all that I have suggested to you.
I am sure you will get your answers.
ram peswani
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:53 am

Re: unimportant day

Postby ram peswani » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:53 am

[*]
Seishin wrote:Many people follow the Lotus Sutra but you do not agree with them. Your loneliness is your own doing.

Gassho,
Seishin.


Can you eloberate?
ram peswani
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:53 am

Re: unimportant day

Postby Rakshasa » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:14 am

Hi Ram,

Nice to see that someone in India, among hordes of Hindus, is silently practicing and upholding the Lotus Sutra. I am from India too (Pune). If you want to expand your knowledge on other Mahayana Sutras, you could refer to this Chinese link which has translations (in English, Chinese, Sanskrit and other languages) of hundreds of other Buddhist scriptures.

http://www.fodian.net/world/

Have you ever read the Heart Sutra? What is your opinion about it? I think you need to als read the Shastras from the likes of Nagarjuna, Shantideva, Aryadeva etc.
User avatar
Rakshasa
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:29 am

Re: unimportant day

Postby Sherab Dorje » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:45 am

ram peswani wrote:Six months back , you had lot of trouble accepting my writings on lotus sutra.
I had come out of direct experience of Lotus sutra thro my meditation.
You had probably read a lot from books on buddhism.
Our discussions were leading towards nothing.
Ram, you are not the only person out here practicing, meditating, studying and experiencing.
They may clear your understanding of me and lotus sutra.
Hate to be the one to point this out to you Ram but when "you" die your understanding of the Lotus Sutra will die with "you". Unless of course you happen to become fully enlightened by then. Then "you" will still die but "your" understanding (as Dharma) will continue.
I was experienced and then on your advice read a lot on Buddhism.
Now you have on my advice to read all that I have suggested to you.
I am sure you will get your answers.
Thanks for your suggestions but I will follow the teaching and advice of my teachers for now, teachings and advice that have been passed down to me through an unbroken chain of enlightened masters and qualified teachers. There is more than enough there to keep me occupied.
:namaste:
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
User avatar
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9957
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: unimportant day

Postby Seishin » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:37 am

ram peswani wrote:[*]
Seishin wrote:Many people follow the Lotus Sutra but you do not agree with them. Your loneliness is your own doing.

Gassho,
Seishin.


Can you eloberate?


You say you are alone because you are the only one who truly understands the Lotus Sutra. If you had not understood it you would not have been alone. So don't feel sorry for yourself.

Plus, rather than find people who agree with you, why not give your understanding of the Lotus Sutra. Break it down chapter by chapter. Start a blog about it.

Gassho,
Seishin.
User avatar
Seishin
Former staff member
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:53 am

Re: unimportant day

Postby Seishin » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:55 am

You are projecting outward "no one loves me" "everyone has rejected me" "I am lonely because no-one agrees with my view"

If you had read the quote I gave, you'll see that this thinking is the ego, and thinking this way will never give you enlightenment. These are the words of Gautama Buddha I'll quote again;
Dhammapada (Twin Verses: 1.3-1.5)
” ‘She abused me, he beat me, she defeated me, he robbed me’:
In those who harbor such thoughts, hatred will never cease.
‘She abused me, he beat me, she defeated me, he robbed me’:
In those who do not harbor such thoughts, hatred will cease.
For never does hatred cease by hatred at any time. Hatred ceases by love. This is an eternal law. “


Gassho,
Seishin.
User avatar
Seishin
Former staff member
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:53 am

Re: unimportant day

Postby ram peswani » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:14 am

[*]
Rakshasa wrote:Hi Ram,

Nice to see that someone in India, among hordes of Hindus, is silently practicing and upholding the Lotus Sutra. I am from India too (Pune). If you want to expand your knowledge on other Mahayana Sutras, you could refer to this Chinese link which has translations (in English, Chinese, Sanskrit and other languages) of hundreds of other Buddhist scriptures.

http://www.fodian.net/world/

Have you ever read the Heart Sutra? What is your opinion about it? I think you need to als read the Shastras from the likes of Nagarjuna, Shantideva, Aryadeva etc.




I too am from Pune. I know and understand Heart sutra. I have almost read all the important Mahayana sutras and can explain their purpose. I have personally never been in contact with any of the practicing buddhists. I live in Nigdi
ram peswani
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:53 am

Re: unimportant day

Postby ram peswani » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:26 am

[*]
Seishin wrote:
ram peswani wrote:[*]
Seishin wrote:Many people follow the Lotus Sutra but you do not agree with them. Your loneliness is your own doing.

Plus, rather than find people who agree with you, why not give your understanding of the Lotus Sutra. Break it down chapter by chapter. Start a blog about it.

Gassho,
Seishin.



Guatam buddha hid away the Lotus sutra from his disciples for 40 years. And exposed the lotus sutra to a selected few in the last 5 years of life.

Now I understand the reason behind this.
Unless or until i get one such person, who is interested in Lotus sutra and has put up some effort, I am going to expand the Lotus sutra .

Already in bits and pieces I have exposed the lotus sutra on the three sites in search for the right person.
There should be many such hidden persons, who understand this lotus sutra. Time may bring them forward.
Till then I have to wait and see.
ram peswani
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:53 am

Re: unimportant day

Postby ram peswani » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:29 am

[*]
Seishin wrote:You are projecting outward "no one loves me" "everyone has rejected me" "I am lonely because no-one agrees with my view"

If you had read the quote I gave, you'll see that this thinking is the ego, and thinking this way will never give you enlightenment. These are the words of Gautama Buddha I'll quote again;
Dhammapada (Twin Verses: 1.3-1.5)
” ‘She abused me, he beat me, she defeated me, he robbed me’:
In those who harbor such thoughts, hatred will never cease.
‘She abused me, he beat me, she defeated me, he robbed me’:
In those who do not harbor such thoughts, hatred will cease.
For never does hatred cease by hatred at any time. Hatred ceases by love. This is an eternal law. “


Gassho,
Seishin.



Read my earlier mails to understand EGO.
ram peswani
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:53 am

Re: unimportant day

Postby ram peswani » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:34 am

gregkavarnos wrote:Hate to be the one to point this out to you Ram but when "you" die your understanding of the Lotus Sutra will die with "you". Unless of course you happen to become fully enlightened by then. Then "you" will still die but "your" understanding (as Dharma) will continue.



I received Lotus sutra in an isolated room in Pune (india) with no buddhist near me.
My death of last birth could not isolate me from lotus sutra.
In this birth i have further strengthened my link with lotus sutra by putting up a strenous
effort for last 20 years.
ram peswani
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:53 am

Re: unimportant day

Postby JKhedrup » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:20 am

Ram,
Since the Lotus Sutra speaks about finding a Good and Wise Advisor (Qualified Teacher), it would seem that this would be an important step to confirm what you understand about a difficult to penetrate text. There are qualified teachers out there, you have to keep you heart open to finding one.
In order to ensure my mind never comes under the power of the self-cherishing attitude,
I must obtain control over my own mind.
Therefore, amongst all empowerments, the empowerment that gives me control over my mind is the best,
and I have received the most profound empowerment with this teaching.
-Atisha Dipamkara
brtsal ba'i bkhra drin
JKhedrup
 
Posts: 2328
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 8:28 am
Location: the Netherlands and India

Next

Return to Personal Experience

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

>