all busy in the sunlight....

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
BFS

all busy in the sunlight....

Post by BFS »

phpBB [video]
ronnewmexico

Re: all busy in the sunlight....

Post by ronnewmexico »

I know the reasons for it, and he did attempt to give all the proceeds from his concert there to a charity which would remediate the problem......

but I lost a lot of feeling for his music when he did not honor the artistic boycott of israel and instead did perform concert there most recently.

A monk seemingly but a monk who in that faith of buddhism is allowed to retain judism belief foundations.
Those beliefs I do not abscribe. P
personally.... great artist but I personally have lost a lot of feeling for his music.

Paul McCartney performed there as well though slightly before the boycott became more organized, but many do not presently. I tend to respect their products of artistic endeavor more as result personally.
Like artists perfoming in south africa during the bad old days I would pause at accepting their contributions however valid to the artistic community of things.

Nothing wrong with that but much of his music, though not this song... such as "I have tried in my way to be free"....seem theistically framed.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
BFS

Post by BFS »

Thats ok, Ron, each to his own, thanks so much.
Next time I post Leonard Cohen, which I am sure to do, being a big fan, I will be sure to include his name in the subject body, so you can avoid those threads if you so wish. :hug:
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

Yes that would be nice.

I was a big fan, still listen a bit but it leaves a bit of a taste I find not favorable.
So that would be good. He has health problem and fainted on stage just before the Israel concert so suspect he may not be around long by my take.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
BFS

Post by BFS »

He has health problem and fainted on stage

:buddha1:

May he be well, free from suffering and all its causes! May auspicious circumstances pervade! :heart:

Return to “Media”