I had two beanbags that I got second hand, both under-filled. So I thought, 'why not empty some of the foam beads (from the one in worse condition) into the better one, thus creating one really good beanbag? So i took them out onto the lawn, unzipped the bags, and tried to position the entrances over each other. The tiny foam beads were much more slippery and flighty than I had anticipated, however, and freed from the constraints of all-round enclosure in a zipped-up bag, flowed out everywhere. I bravely continued, trying to improve my aim. But in the end I ended up with a mess on my lawn. It looks like a plastic Santa has just visited and left some fake snow behind.
But that was just the beginning. The grass is quite damp, it being Winter here, so while trying to rake it all up, the tiny beads, which in any case tended to be missed by the relatively wider teeth of the rake, were basically mashed into a fair-sized, semi-homogenous, slimy patch of grass and foam. The only way to actually clean it up before the Landlord comes for the next inspection, will be for me to get down and, with my fingers, individually pick up every single foam bead...
My message is simple: do it indoors, where there is access to electrical current, and a vaccuum cleaner.