Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Jacob

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Jacob »

Longsal Atii Gongpa Ngotrod retreat
Tenerife, October 26th - 30th, 2012
The Upadesha of Introduction to the State of Ati (A ti'i dgongs pa ngo sprod kyi man ngag) written down in 1983, is an extraordinary teaching of the great lotsava Vairochana (VIII century) introducing the authentic principle of Atiyoga or Dzogpa Chenpo, in particular presenting essential instructions on the Four Contemplations of Semde and on the fundamental aspects of primordial purity (ka dag) and self-perfection (lhun grub). The dreams through which the upadesha was discovered are connected to the master Vairochana himself, to the author's root guru Rigdzin Chang-chub Dorje (1826-1961) and to his uncle Khyentse Rinpoche Chökyi Wangchug (1910-1963), who was also one of his main teachers.

Adriano Clemente Preface of Longsal Teachings, Vol. II May, 2001
arsent

Post by arsent »

...Adriano Clemente Preface of Longsal Teachings, Vol. II May, 2001
Thanks Jacob!
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Please notice that Daylight Savings Time ends on Sunday, They've added the info to the webcast page.

Schedule of next Webcast:
TENERIFE RETREAT
October 26th - 30th, 2012
Longsal Atii Gongpa ngotrod
CLOSED WEBCAST, TIMEZONE: GMT +1

26th Oct. 10am-12pm.

Introduction about this retreat teaching and transmission of Ati Guru Yoga with the tridlung of Short Thun Practice.

27th Oct. 10am-12pm.

Giving instruction of Atii Gongpa Ngotrod, and tridlung of Medium Thun Practice.

IMPORTANT: Daylight saving time ends on Sunday, October 28, 2012 at 2:00 AM local daylight time (GMT at retreat's location will change to GMT+0)

28th Oct. 10am-12pm.

Giving instruction of Atii Gongpa Ngotrod, and tridlung of Short and Medium Gana Puja.

29th Oct. 10am-12pm.

Giving instruction of Atii Gongpa Ngotrod, and tridlung of Longer Thun Practice.

29th Oct. 4-7pm.

We do Gana Puja for the full moon and ending this retreat and so on.

30th Oct. 10am-12pm.

Giving some advices for the daily life practices and tridlungs of collective practices and so on. We also do an Ati Guru Yoga altogether for finishing our retreat.
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 9:14 AM, Elizabeth Dudley Wickhart <[email protected]> wrote:

Mandarava Practice
Please let us know which practice you can attend by clicking one of the the green links below thus sending an email to the appropriate host.

ATTENDING WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 25
RSVP
ATTENDING THURSDAY OCTOBER 26
RSVP

Where:
Google + Hangouts

Requirements:
Transmission of the lung of the Mandarava practice from CHNN &
Mandarava practice book .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While the RSVP links are not enabled here, I think you could email Elizabeth and ask her how to attend.

This is from the very active, and supportive, Atlanta GA practice group of ChNNR.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

oldbob,
A question for you...what does it mean to be a lineage holder? How does that happen etc ?
thanks
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

Lhasa wrote:oldbob,
A question for you...what does it mean to be a lineage holder? How does that happen etc ?
thanks
It just means you have that transmission.
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

deepbluehum wrote:
Lhasa wrote:oldbob,
thanks
It just means you have that transmission.
Hi Lhasa, all and ALL,

:namaste:

Sorry for the delay in replying - I was off the web.

Deepbluehum is correct. Lineage holder just means that you have received the transmission of that lineage. For example, I attended the HH Dudjom Wangs, in 1978, in Kathmandu, and then can consider myself to be of HH's wonderful lineage.

I have taken the Nyingthig Yabshi 3 times, and so consider myself to be of the beautiful Longchen Nyingtig lineage, also.

I have attended more than 80 retreats of ChNNR and so have received his most precious lineage of transmission, too.

For any Teacher that you have taken transmission from, you can say that you are of his or her lineage.

But for me, when you can imagine yourself the same as Guru Rinpoche, and can take this into the natural mind, then this is the heart of the matter for these lineages. Then you can't say if you are holding the lineage, or if the lineage is holding you. There is no capacity, or need, to say anything. :smile:

Homage to the Dzogchen Masters. May they live long, in good health and with success in all things.

:heart:
heart

Post by heart »

In my book a lineage holder is someone that can transmit that lineage.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

heart wrote:In my book a lineage holder is someone that can transmit that lineage.

/magnus
Part of the transmission that is said many times, unless you have produced the result of that teaching through practice, you cannot transmit it bc it wouldn't work. To transmit longde, thogal or yangti it is said you cannot transmit it unless you have achieved the third vision.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Ahhh, so there must be a different term for designated Teachers/Lamas as transmitters of their lineage. As in holding the power, authority and ability to give those teachings. Lineage holder in that case means something different.
ChNN had some interesting things to say about 'long lineage' and 'short lineage' in the Avalokiteshvara retreat. How important it is to treat those who receive transmission with us in a good way. And what happens if we don't. I wish he'd do a full retreat on that topic alone.
heart

Post by heart »

deepbluehum wrote:
heart wrote:In my book a lineage holder is someone that can transmit that lineage.

/magnus
Part of the transmission that is said many times, unless you have produced the result of that teaching through practice, you cannot transmit it bc it wouldn't work. To transmit longde, thogal or yangti it is said you cannot transmit it unless you have achieved the third vision.
If you are holding the lineage you can transmit it.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
heart

Post by heart »

Lhasa wrote:Ahhh, so there must be a different term for designated Teachers/Lamas as transmitters of their lineage. As in holding the power, authority and ability to give those teachings. Lineage holder in that case means something different.
ChNN had some interesting things to say about 'long lineage' and 'short lineage' in the Avalokiteshvara retreat. How important it is to treat those who receive transmission with us in a good way. And what happens if we don't. I wish he'd do a full retreat on that topic alone.
That is samaya, very important subject.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

heart wrote:
deepbluehum wrote:

/magnus
If you are holding the lineage you can transmit it.

/magnus
My mem might be failing but I recall ChNNR saying mantras for instance cant be transmitted unless u did sufficient practice to oroduce the result.
heart

Post by heart »

deepbluehum wrote:
My mem might be failing but I recall ChNNR saying mantras for instance cant be transmitted unless u did sufficient practice to oroduce the result.
That is not enough, you have to have the knowledge how to transmit it as well as your Guru's permission.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

heart wrote:
deepbluehum wrote:
That is not enough, you have to have the knowledge how to transmit it as well as your Guru's permission.

/magnus
Sounds good. A+
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

deepbluehum wrote:
heart wrote:
deepbluehum wrote:

/magnus
Sounds good. A+
Yes, of course, a lineage holder is also like this.

Homage to the Dzogchen Masters. May they live long, in good health, and with success in all things.

ob
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

Lhasa wrote: How important it is to treat those who receive transmission with us in a good way. And what happens if we don't. I wish he'd do a full retreat on that topic alone.
It is very important, and probably one of the most damaged samayas. For one thing, it can have a negative impact on the teacher's health, and also impede one's progress and realization.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

http://dzogchen.ro/world-wide-transmission" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://Tsegyalgar.org/localcenters/tseg ... explantio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.dzogchen.ro/anniversary-of-a ... real-state" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://dzogchencommunity.org/activities ... rugpa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.dzogchen.org.au/index.php?pa ... ansmission" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dzogchen Empowerments by Chögyal Namkhai Norbu wrote:05:00 (-7) Denver, Salt Lake City, Pagosa Springs, Edmonton
12:00 (0) GMT, London, Dublin, Lisbon
14:00 (+2) Helsinki, Athens, Ankara, Beirut, Jersusalem, Vilnius, Johannesburg
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Apparently there are 2 books both called Rainbow Body, the Life and realization of Togden Ugyen Tendzin. One was released in sept 2010 and another is about to be released in Dec. Does anybody know if there is any difference between the two?
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
heart

Post by heart »

Fa Dao wrote:Apparently there are 2 books both called Rainbow Body, the Life and realization of Togden Ugyen Tendzin. One was released in sept 2010 and another is about to be released in Dec. Does anybody know if there is any difference between the two?
Probably just a reprint.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Dzogchen”