Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Sherlock

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Sherlock »

You need to have the transmission for Longde, at least the empowerment for Heruka Ngondzog Gyalpo and the reading transmission for the text.
florin

Post by florin »

Jacob wrote:Hi All!

Do i need a specific lung to be allowed to read and do practices from Longsal vol. 1? Also, I have noticed, that there is missing this Longsal vol. 1 book at shangshung shop. Why is that? I really want to buy this, but don't know how :)

:namaste:
I think you maybe able to get the transimission on this particular text next month.
Then you can buy it from the international shop.
heart

Post by heart »

I am very interested in learning Chang Chog practice, perhaps because I practiced Shitro for a very long time. I got ChNNR booklet but I got a few questions.

Did anyone understand if you could do it together with Shitro Kordas Rangdrol? I can't remember what Rinpoche said.

Anyone know if you could get the various things needed, in particular the sand, to do the ritual correctly and how to do it you don't have these things?

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
ratna

Post by ratna »

heart wrote:I am very interested in learning Chang Chog practice, perhaps because I practiced Shitro for a very long time. I got ChNNR booklet but I got a few questions.

Did anyone understand if you could do it together with Shitro Kordas Rangdrol? I can't remember what Rinpoche said.

Anyone know if you could get the various things needed, in particular the sand, to do the ritual correctly and how to do it you don't have these things?

/magnus
The black sesame seeds from an Indian shop, guggul from Potalagate, the three-tiered container also from Potalagate. But I have the same question regarding the pho-je sand -- I haven't seen it on sale anywhere and ain't going to Bodhgaya any time soon to pick some up from the ground.

R
heart

Post by heart »

ratna wrote:
heart wrote:I am very interested in learning Chang Chog practice, perhaps because I practiced Shitro for a very long time. I got ChNNR booklet but I got a few questions.

/magnus
The black sesame seeds from an Indian shop, guggul from Potalagate, the three-tiered container also from Potalagate. But I have the same question regarding the pho-je sand -- I haven't seen it on sale anywhere and ain't going to Bodhgaya any time soon to pick some up from the ground.

R
Thank you ratna, yes I was think in particular of the pho-je. Anyone knows?

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Karma Dorje

Post by Karma Dorje »

Jacob wrote:Hi All!

Do i need a specific lung to be allowed to read and do practices from Longsal vol. 1? Also, I have noticed, that there is missing this Longsal vol. 1 book at shangshung shop. Why is that? I really want to buy this, but don't know how :)

:namaste:
The Longsal books are being reissued as individual teachings. For the Longde practice from Longsal vol. 1, the book you want is:

http://shangshung.org/store/index.php?m ... cts_id=535" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All the best!
"Although my view is higher than the sky, My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour."
-Padmasambhava
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

Thank you for your answers :)

Actually, I don't need this book for longde practice. Some Jantra Joga instructor told me, that in this book there are some instructions on practices of 5 elements, and I really wanted to do them. Well, I will have to wait till longde retreat :)
florin

Post by florin »

Jacob wrote:Thank you for your answers :)

Actually, I don't need this book for longde practice. Some Jantra Joga instructor told me, that in this book there are some instructions on practices of 5 elements, and I really wanted to do them. Well, I will have to wait till longde retreat :)
The practice of how to balance the elements is found and explained in detail in this book http://www.shangshungstore.org/index.ph ... etail&p=70
You would typically do this balancing in conjunction with longde sessions since longde can sometime disturb your energy due to the nature of the practice.
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

Thanks, that's really good to know :)
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

I just got the recording of the 21 Praises to Tara. It's actually in Sanskrit! The Sanskrit is based on Rinpoche's dreams and not historical though. Very beautiful.
ratna

Post by ratna »

Sherlock wrote:I just got the recording of the 21 Praises to Tara. It's actually in Sanskrit! The Sanskrit is based on Rinpoche's dreams and not historical though. Very beautiful.
The melody is based on Rinpoche's dreams, the actual Sanskrit text comes from the Kangyur.

R
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

Vajra brothers and sisters. May you all be happy, well and secure in your life. I hope your practice goes well. May all beings attain the supreme path of Dzogchen.
ratna

Post by ratna »

deepbluehum wrote:Vajra brothers and sisters. May you all be happy, well and secure in your life. I hope your practice goes well. May all beings attain the supreme path of Dzogchen.
Thank you, and the same to you!

R
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

BARCELONA SPAIN

October 17, 2012 - 20:00 (GMT+2) 2pm EDT, NYC

"Birth, Life and Death" by Chögyal Namkhai Norbu
Presentation of the Spanish translation with presence of the Author, translator and editor.
at: Casa Tibet, Barcelona

OPEN WEBCAST
Means all are invited members and non-members.

LINK at time of webcast:
http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast/video.php

You have to calculate your time:
20:00 hours is 8pm Barcelona time,
for example on the East Coast USA Barcelona is 6 hours ahead of us, so
the time for the presentation would be 2pm Eastern Time .

Book "Birth, Life and Death":
http://shangshung.org/store/index.php?m ... cts_id=400

Questions:
[email protected]
[email protected]
pawel

Post by pawel »

/magnus
You can add the mantra after the Namcho Shitro mantras.
jivko

Post by jivko »

arsent wrote:
Blue Garuda wrote:Is the Yudronma book about to be published?
FUI: The book is already available from the Italian SSi web store!

Hey, I got the book but the explanation is a bit unclear to me. Is there anyone here who knows how this thing works?

All the dice combination have something in the 12 categories but how does that answer a simple yes/no question? Or any question? I don't understand it.

Also in the instruciton it says that you should put something in the donation box -- which donation box???

And a divination cup? What is this? And what is that thing with turn it to the left, lower it... etc. I don't think these instructions can be of any use to me...
pawel

Post by pawel »

jivko wrote:
arsent wrote:
All the dice combination have something in the 12 categories but how does that answer a simple yes/no question? Or any question? I don't understand it.
Also in the instruciton it says that you should put something in the donation box -- which donation box???
And a divination cup? What is this? And what is that thing with turn it to the left, lower it... etc. I don't think these instructions can be of any use to me...
Hi!
I don't have the book yet, but I listened to the explanation Rinpoche gave giving the transmission.
Divinations rarely answer yes/no simple way, it's also true for Mo and Yi-Jing.
Donation box is probably part of explanation for doing it in the gar - Rinpoche said it's going to be organized and available in all DC places. :smile:
Divination cup? hm... I don't know if the dice set comes with a cup or not, ?
Normally for example for divination with coins, one shall use a container instead of one's hands. So maybe it refers to this?
heart

Post by heart »

jivko wrote:
arsent wrote:

Hey, I got the book but the explanation is a bit unclear to me. Is there anyone here who knows how this thing works?

What Rinpoche said during the transmission of this MO was that every Gar would have a special place in the shrine hall to do this Mo. I am guessing that there will be a a"divination cup" and a "donation box" in this place.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

oldbob

Post by oldbob »

Event: Closed Webcast with Choegyal Namkhai Norbu from Tenerife: Atii Gongpa Ngotrod
Date: October 26th-30th, 2012.
TENERIFE RETREAT

October 26th - 30th, 2012

Longsal Atii Gongpa ngotrod

CLOSED WEBCAST, TIMEZONE: GMT +1
http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast/video.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

26th Oct. 10am-12pm. (5am-7am, EDT NYC)

Introduction about this retreat teaching and transmission of Ati Guru Yoga with the tridlung of Short Thun Practice.

27th Oct. 10am-12pm.

Giving instruction of Atii Gongpa Ngotrod, and tridlung of Medium Thun Practice.

28th Oct. 10am-12pm.

Giving instruction of Atii Gongpa Ngotrod, and tridlung of Short and Medium Gana Puja.

29th Oct. 10am-12pm.

Giving instruction of Atii Gongpa Ngotrod, and tridlung of Longer Thun Practice.

29th Oct. 4-7pm.

We do Gana Puja for the full moon and ending this retreat and so on.

30th Oct. 10am-12pm.

Giving some advices for the daily life practices and tridlungs of collective practices and so on. We also do an Ati Guru Yoga altogether for finishing our retreat.
arsent

Post by arsent »

oldbob wrote:Event: Closed Webcast with Choegyal Namkhai Norbu from Tenerife: Atii Gongpa Ngotrod
Any ideas of what upcoming teachings is about and are there any booklets, literature in SSI store related?

Return to “Dzogchen”