Deities

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Re: Deities

Postby heart » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:32 pm

GarcherLancelot wrote:
heart wrote:
GarcherLancelot wrote:
As long as we are not visualizing ourselves as darth vader it should be fine right?haha.. .The thing is I like those visualizations for my own "private cinema" inside my mind lol,but most of the time its not about me so i guess no one would get scared.. .

Seriously, visualizations are a kind of thoughts. Like you point out, we use them all the time. Using visualizations as meditation is strangely enough, considering how natural they are to our mind, quite difficult. Why? Because we lack control over our mind.

/magnus

Strange but natural?not sure if I get what you mean.. .

We visualize all the time. If I say the name of a person you know very well, you will instantly see a picture in your mind of that person. However, using visualizations in meditation is difficult because you are attempting to control the mind. Perhaps my English is not clear enough, you seem to misunderstand everything I say?

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
heart

Postby beautiful breath » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:10 am

It is a really stupid question actually. If you visualize yourself as Darth Vader you will have his blessing, that is nothing at all since he is a fictional character. You think Tara is a fictional character then what are you doing in the Vajrayana section of this forum?

How rude....! Tell me what your practice is so I can avoid it!!!
beautiful breath

Postby catmoon » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:18 pm

heart wrote:
I am very sorry if I sound rude, please accept my excuses.

/magnus

As you can see above, both in this message and higher in the thread, Magnus apologized almost immediately. So his practice isn't all that shabby, now, is it?
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
catmoon
Former staff member

Previous

Return to Gelug