Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: yamantaka mantra garland
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 pm
Posts: 112
Greetings. I was fortunate enought to have taken the empowerment of Solitary Yamantaka from H.H. when he was in Long Beach, Ca april of 2012. I practice mainly Drikung Kagyu lineage but like a lot of us have a strong devotion to H.H. The Dalai Lama. My question is this, and this is after not being being able to go the the commentary teachings at Thubten Dargye Ling in LongBeach after the empowerment, and this is after looking at yamantaka.org, and google and of course in the sadhanas themselves that were provided they do not specify... What way do the mantra garlands rotate in this practice?

Anyhow, thanks for your time in advance. Oh, and if there are those of you who dont like to answer this becasue it is a HYT and want to keep it private you could email me at bryanretreat@hotmail.com

Bryan (Jamden Chogyal)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:58 pm
Posts: 630
Clockwise.

Generally speaking-- Father Tantras clockwise, Mother Tantras counterclockwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 pm
Posts: 112
Thanks for the reply.

Here is one more question to anybody who practices this sadhana. I copied this link http://www.yamantaka.org/practice/sadha ... ation.html which has the mantra chain and seed syllable. the mantra chain is facing inwards arranged clockwise, does that mean that it does not rotate and only light from the mantra garland goes out during recitation?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 11:19 am
Posts: 365
bryandavis wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

Here is one more question to anybody who practices this sadhana. I copied this link http://www.yamantaka.org/practice/sadha ... ation.html which has the mantra chain and seed syllable. the mantra chain is facing inwards arranged clockwise, does that mean that it does not rotate and only light from the mantra garland goes out during recitation?


It's not stationary, it does rotate, I'll send you several things that will help you to study.

Let me know how you like em... :tongue:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 pm
Posts: 112
T. Chokyi wrote:
bryandavis wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

Here is one more question to anybody who practices this sadhana. I copied this link http://www.yamantaka.org/practice/sadha ... ation.html which has the mantra chain and seed syllable. the mantra chain is facing inwards arranged clockwise, does that mean that it does not rotate and only light from the mantra garland goes out during recitation?


It's not stationary, it does rotate, I'll send you several things that will help you to study.

Let me know how you like em... :tongue:


T.Chokyi,

Thank you for the offer. my email address is bryanretreat@hotmail.com
Send what ever format you like. Any info that add to this practice is grea :anjali:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 11:19 am
Posts: 365
bryandavis wrote:
T. Chokyi wrote:
bryandavis wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

Here is one more question to anybody who practices this sadhana. I copied this link http://www.yamantaka.org/practice/sadha ... ation.html which has the mantra chain and seed syllable. the mantra chain is facing inwards arranged clockwise, does that mean that it does not rotate and only light from the mantra garland goes out during recitation?


It's not stationary, it does rotate, I'll send you several things that will help you to study.

Let me know how you like em... :tongue:


T.Chokyi,

Thank you for the offer. my email address is bryanretreat@hotmail.com
Send what ever format you like. Any info that add to this practice is grea :anjali:


Hi Bryan,

Besides the information and commentary I sent through messaging here at Dharma Wheel,
I messaged you important information today, you wrote me twice so I realize you
need to clear your questions completely.
I wrote you ASAP with more detailed information. I'll email you as well.

Take good care,
Wishing you Blessings,
T. Chokyi


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group