Dzogchen in English

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Re: Dzogchen in English

Postby Yudron » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:08 pm

Now, I'm remembering that Eric Pema Kunzang had a serious illness, too. I pray that all our good translators will live long and healthy lives!
Yudron

Postby oldbob » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:50 pm

Pero wrote:
heart wrote:
Pero wrote:[
Yeah though it can be found on the web....

I assume you mean volume 4, right?

/magnus

Yup. Didn't I read somewhere that volume 3 won't be published because of the practices related to the 3rd empowerment? I guess I could be mixing it up with something else.
What divorce are you talking about?

On good account, I've been told that if anyone can come up with $7800 for a translator's fee, that volume three will be published (restricted), by Rangjung Yeshe.

---------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your, beautiful e-mail.
I am sorry you are not well.
Erik and I are no longer together but continue to work on translations.
Light 3 & 5 update:
Light 5 is finished. We raised the money to complete the translation by the sale of RYT booklets. Erik no longer is translating.
Light 3 work has stopped as there are no funds to complete the translation. Erik did quite a bit of it and we received another $2000 in grant money to finish the open portion and supplemented another $490 from boklet sales.
We were just rejected for a grant from Khyentse Foundation to complete the rest, 45 pages, etc. last week.
So, we will publish the open portion of 3 with the 90% of the open portion of 5 in the Fall of 2013.
Honestly, right now I do have it in me to fund raise for the remaining $7800 needed to complete volume 3.
If you can help with this, it would be great but I understand that you may not resources or energy to do so.
I have a Translator who is ready to complete the work, starting tomorrow but these days, especially with the large sums given by the 84,000 project and Tsadra foundation to translators, they rightfully do not work for free.
Bodhisattvas like Erik are in short supply.
All the best,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bodhisattvas like Marcia and Erik are in short supply.
Soooooo, if anyone has a spare $7800 they would like to donate, PM me and I will do my best to make it happen.

ob
oldbob

Postby Yudron » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:58 am

I would imagine Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche will need a complete translation, because he is leading a multiyear practice program based on this text.
Yudron

Previous

Return to Dzogchen