Opinion

deepbluehum

Opinion

Post by deepbluehum »

Is it just emotion or something?
Yudron

Re: Opinion

Post by Yudron »

Yes, it is a thought/emotion. Lama Sonam Tsering RInpoche is well known in our sangha for saying that a sign of accomplishment is practice is having fewer and fewer opinions.
Namgyal

Post by Namgyal »

'The Conqueror has said that emptiness is the remover of all views'. [Nagarjuna]
Terma

Post by Terma »

Yudron wrote:Yes, it is a thought/emotion. Lama Sonam Tsering RInpoche is well known in our sangha for saying that a sign of accomplishment is practice is having fewer and fewer opinions.
:good:

At the risk of having an opinion here myself, I think this makes perfect sense! haa haa :tongue:

I knew a Dharma sibling who had a zest for just shrugging her shoulder's in indifference after a period of discussing something. A little comical, but I took it as a teaching as well.

It does make for a good little reflection, on how our views change, or lessen for that matter, as we progress.
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

Yudron wrote:Yes, it is a thought/emotion. Lama Sonam Tsering RInpoche is well known in our sangha for saying that a sign of accomplishment is practice is having fewer and fewer opinions.
No opinion, no decoration. --Drubpon Gonpo Dorje Rinpoche
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

We can have as many opinions we like.....
The problem starts when we are strongly attached to them! :evil:

PS. My personal opinion...... :rolling:
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
muni

Post by muni »

Oh, :thanks:

Of course what a release, as all are smoothly written on water.

I used to collect my good ones. Then I run, run for a bucket to try to catch them and hold them. Okay, not true.

Rejecting, accepting opinions, mine are best, these are less, that one was completely right and that one baaaah, not so good but here now this one.......... :rolleye: Chasing smoke!

Clouds have a lot of opinions about other clouds and about sky... Sky not, brightful sky just remain peaceful aware of itself. Be the sky not the clouds (who said that?)

Of course , my opinion; nature of mind ( knowing, compassionate) is not exactly like the sky, but nice metaphor, I guess.
muni

Post by muni »

Dronma wrote:We can have as many opinions we like.....
The problem starts when we are strongly attached to them! :evil:

PS. My personal opinion...... :rolling:
Yes. :smile:

Attachment. Like they are everlasting born in the sky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulqMglcY ... =endscreen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Tsoknyi Rinpoche here explains how by dualism we take all so serious.

:namaste:
muni

Post by muni »

I think, by the flow of interconnection, or the welfare of all; is there not such strong suffering by holding on, by attachments to opinions. :smile:
lobster

Post by lobster »

'The Conqueror has said that emptiness is the remover of all views'. [Nagarjuna]
IMHO :oops:

Most of us have hopefully entered meditation, were an opinion or Entrenchment is uppermost.
On finish, the hardness has melted away . . . :smile:

Return to “Dzogchen”