Drikungpa from Venice, Ca.

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
bryandavis

Drikungpa from Venice, Ca.

Post by bryandavis »

Greetings. Just wanted to say hello to all. I mainly practice under the Drikung Kagyu lineage. I read a lot of the post here mostly as a guest but thought I would actually sign in a contribute if or when I can. Probably mostly in the Kagyu / Mahamudra sections. I have been studying and practicing since 1999, so not that long in the scheme of things, but it has really helped me in so many ways.

I have a current plan / adventure im trying to embark on, link below if you are interested. Otherwise see you soon im sure virually!

http://www.indiegogo.com/p/247983?a=1584556" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Drikungpa from Venice, Ca.

Post by DNS »

:hi:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:buddha1:
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

Were you at the empowerment with HH in 2010? We maybe saw you there.
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

bryandavis wrote:Greetings. Just wanted to say hello to all. I mainly practice under the Drikung Kagyu lineage. I read a lot of the post here mostly as a guest but thought I would actually sign in a contribute if or when I can. Probably mostly in the Kagyu / Mahamudra sections. I have been studying and practicing since 1999, so not that long in the scheme of things, but it has really helped me in so many ways.

I have a current plan / adventure im trying to embark on, link below if you are interested. Otherwise see you soon im sure virually!

http://www.indiegogo.com/p/247983?a=1584556" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wow, you completed Druptra in India... you're intrepid!

Welcome. Hope you post to the forum.
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

Thanks for the welcome.

Deep Blue Hum, I was in india 2010 so probably was not me. But I was in Dharamsala for a week for a teaching with H.H.

Yudron, I was fortunate to be able to practice for that length of time. Would love to be able to do more soon:)

I have a lot of free time at work, grave yard shift, alone. So I look forward to keep checking the post and maybe jump in once in a while.
waimengwan

Post by waimengwan »

Welcome BryanDavis! :)
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

waimengwan,

Love Tsem Tulku's work and the way he presents dharma. If I even make it to that side of the world I would surely come visit you guys. You are fortunate to have a great teahcher like him.

Here is a question I will drop you since you are practice under the ganden linege. I have posted this in another forum but have not had an anwer. I was able to receive solitary yamantaka from HH the Dalai Lama in long beach, california last year. It was sponsored by Thubten Dargye Linge, Tsem tulkus old stomping ground. The mantra garland for yamantaka faces inward and wraps around the hum clockwise, that means if it rotates it turns anti clockwise either that or it doest not move and only light rotates clocksise through the mantra. Do you know which one is correct? The commentarys I have read do not supply any details on that question. Just thought I would ask.

Blessings,
Bryan (Konchok Jamden Chogyal)
Thomas Amundsen

Post by Thomas Amundsen »

Cool. I live near Venice. Is there a Drikung sangha nearby?
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

There are not any in Los Angeles proper. But in arcadia there is Rinchen Choling, that group gets together every sunday for some sadhanas I belive. Thats the only center that I know that is Drikung in these parts.
waimengwan

Post by waimengwan »

Hi Bryan Davis,
So sorry I am not a tantrika so I do not a lot fo what you have mentioned.

Rinpoche has a blog and on the blog there is a space to ask one question a day you want to try that.

Sometimes on the blog chat Rinpoche comes on then perhaps you can try asking him.
Thomas Amundsen

Post by Thomas Amundsen »

bryandavis wrote:There are not any in Los Angeles proper. But in arcadia there is Rinchen Choling, that group gets together every sunday for some sadhanas I belive. Thats the only center that I know that is Drikung in these parts.
Cool. Do you know if they still hold the weekly gatherings on Sunday? I emailed them about it, but got no response.

Also, do have any other Kagyu centers in LA that you can recommend? I have found a great Nyingma lama on the west side, but I have been interested in exploring Kagyu a little.

Return to “Introductions”