Jonang subforum?

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
Luke

Jonang subforum?

Post by Luke »

For the sake of completeness, I was thinking that it might be a good idea to have a Jonang subforum in the Vajrayana section.

It might make any Jonangpa who come through here very happy to see that someone else is aware of their tradition, and it seems that the question "Didn't Jonang die out as an independent lineage?" keeps coming up, so having a Jonang subforum would provide a highly visible answer to that question.
kalden yungdrung

Re: Jonang subforum?

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Hello Luke and Administrator, :)

Yes Jonang is a nice / good Tibetan tradition and also were persecuted and nearly eradicated if they were not sheltered by the Shangpa Kagyu and others. :applause:

It is amazing that Jonang did survive it and it is certainly due to good protectors and karma that we can still be aware of the other side of the coin, the Shentong.

Dolpopa and Taranatha are good lineage holders but since that Taranatha would be reincarnated in the Kalmuk Mongol clan and verified by the Gelug, everything went complicated.

Yes very good idea to keep this precious Tibetan tradition up by give it a sub-forum.
My symphaty for it and also vote pro or yes.
But as usual in live, we normally have no and yes we could eventual get

Best wishes for your positive idea

Kalden Yungdrung
The best meditation is no meditation
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Hi Luke,

I've submitted this for further discussion to all the moderators/admins.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Luke

Post by Luke »

mr. gordo wrote:Hi Luke,

I've submitted this for further discussion to all the moderators/admins.
Thank you. I have received a few teachings from a Jonang rinpoche and I just want to show respect for his Tibetan Buddhist tradition.

Here is some info about the Jonangpa:

The core of the Jonang tradition is meditation on the Generation Process and the Perfection Process of the Six Yogas of Kalacakra. Today in Tibet, concentrated in the districts of Ngabha, Zamthang, and Golok in the Amdo region, there are more than 60 Jonangpa monasteries supporting approximately 10,000 monks. Comparatively the Jonangpa is smaller and less popularized in the West than other schools of Tibetan Buddhism. The Jonang masters are extremely dedicated and highly trained, both experientially and intellectually, particularly in Kalachakra Tantric system. In the 21st century, the doctrine of Jonangpa is spreading fast all over Tibet, India, Nepal and Mongolia.
http://www.jonangmonasteryshimla.com/Development.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Hey all,

As you can now see, the Jonang sub-forum has been created by Astus. Enjoy!
  • How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
Luke

Post by Luke »

Great! Thank you!

Just one small thing: I noticed that there isn't a link to the Jonang subforum from the main page like there is for the others. If you could just fix that, that would be great.
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Hi Luke, I noticed that too and will have someone look at that shortly. Thanks for your patience.
  • How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
Luke

Post by Luke »

It's been fixed. Thanks.

:anjali:

Return to “Suggestion Box”