Prayers for the Oil Spill in Gulf of Mexico

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.

Prayers for the Oil Spill in Gulf of Mexico

Postby Bodhi » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:08 am

I am sure that everybody is familiar with the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. I think it would be great if we can send some great and positive thoughts or prayers to this. I know that the most recent news claimed that it is being stopped. But prayers dedicate to all the harms it caused and death of living things. It will also help some of us and many others who are quite angry about the whole thing to continue keeping our mind of awareness and peace.

Nam mo Guan Shi Yin Pu Sa

Peace in Chan
Wherever you are, that is where the mind should be. Always be mindful, and be your own master. This is true freedom. - Grand Master Wei Chueh
Bodhi

Re: Prayers for the Oil Spill in Gulf of Mexico

Postby Sonrisa » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:12 am

May all the beings who were harmed as a result of the oil spill be free from suffering. To those who have passed away, may they attain an auspicious rebirth and have the opportunity to seek the Dharma.

May the environment, home to many sentient beings and people alike be free from the pollution. May animals once again live peacefully in their own homes.

Amitabha
Namo Amitabha
Namo Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva
Namo Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva

May I continue to practice loving-kindness and compassion for sentient beings. May my friends and loved ones be free from suffering. May those who have hurt me also be free from suffering.

Hatred is like throwing cow dung at someone else. You get dirty first before throwing it to someone else.
Sonrisa

Return to Prayers and Aspirations