Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Departure
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am
Posts: 12736
Dear Friends:

The time has come for me to bid adieu to this particular forum.

You know how to find me via my blog, www.atikosha.org.

I will not be checking back in so there is no point in replying this post.

Malcolm

_________________
http://www.atikosha.org
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://www.sakyapa.net
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

How can you not practice the highest Dharma
at this time of obtaining a perfect human body?

-- Jetsun Dragpa Gyaltsen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Departure
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:47 am
Posts: 1434
Location: Globe
Malcolm wrote:
Dear Friends:

The time has come for me to bid adieu to this particular forum.

You know how to find me via my blog, http://www.atikosha.org.

I will not be checking back in so there is no point in replying this post.

Malcolm


I'd like everyone who wishes that Maclolm come back to please reply to this post. Malcolm's posts have quite literally changed my life and I am sure they have for others and will continue to. This community isn't the same without you Malcolm.

Come back!!!

Kevin :namaste:

_________________
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

http://www.dalailama.com/webcasts/post/336-je-tsongkhapas-great-stages-of-the-path
http://www.ripple.org
http://caretoclick.com/save-the-rainforests/donate-clicks-likes-and-tweets-to-fight-climate-change-and-deforestation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Departure
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:04 am
Posts: 821
This is going to be a huge loss to the forum as you are one of the most if not the most knowledgeable member on here. Hope to see you back soon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Departure
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:01 am
Posts: 299
I :heart: Malcolm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Departure
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:36 am
Posts: 4027
Location: Spaceship Earth
Nighthawk wrote:
This is going to be a huge loss to the forum as you are one of the most if not the most knowledgeable member on here. Hope to see you back soon.

_________________
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Departure
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:02 am
Posts: 683
The truth is, I usually just scroll down to read his posts. Then I read bits and pieces of others for context.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Departure
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:20 am
Posts: 86
Location: Apache Junction, Arizona
Sad news, you will be missed malcolm. I've been following him since e-sangha days, must be somewhere around 10 years ? He's been a teacher, one thing I have to say is he has more patience than anybody I know, lol, and he uses a lot of his time and energy helping people online, he has definitely been a major teacher / spiritual friend in the online Buddhist community and the evolution of Buddhist online communities and Buddhism as it adapts or evolves in the west.
I've taken many twists and turns on my path through the years, and it's very good to hear more experienced practitioners share their twists and turns, evolution, on the dharma highway. For those that don't know he did the 3 year retreat, is an acharya in the Sakya lineage, is a Tibetan Doctor, a well known accomplished translator, and quite a scholar, though he would never identify with the term, lol. One can learn a lot from ones elders, more than just from books.

I would like to say thank you for sharing so much of your time and energy and experience and knowledge, and putting up with so much B.S. for so many years, lol, on behalf of myself and many people I am sure, be well.

This is starting to sound like a eulogy so I'll just shut up and look forward to following his blog, :cheers:

_________________
The nonexistence of the transcendence of suffering
is what the protector of the world has taught as the transcendence
of suffering.
Knots tied on space
are untied by space itself.

May I never be seperated from perfect masters in all lives,
and delightfully experiencing the magnificent dharma,
completing all qualities of the stages of the paths
may I quickly attain the state of Vajradhara


Last edited by Tarpa on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Departure
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:55 pm
Posts: 1054
Location: Sunny California
Tarpa wrote:
Sad news, you will be missed malcolm. I've been following him since e-sangha days, must be somewhere around 10 years ? He's been a teacher, one thing I have to say is he has more patience than anybody I know, lol, and he uses a lot of his time and energy helping people online, he has definitely been a major teacher / spiritual friend in the online Buddhist community and the evolution of Buddhist online communities and Buddhism as it adapts or evolves in the west.
I've taken many twists and turns on my path through the years and it's very good that more experienced practitioners share their twists and turns, evolution, on the dharma highway.

This is starting to sound like a eulogy so I'll just shut up and look forward to following his blog, :cheers:


Few people can translate Dzogchen texts, and there is little more important than that... better to have uninterrupted time to do it.

_________________
My blog:
http://onsausalcreek.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Departure
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:51 am 
Online
Former staff member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm
Posts: 4612
Location: Baltimore, MD
Malcolm wrote:
Dear Friends:

The time has come for me to bid adieu to this particular forum.

You know how to find me via my blog, http://www.atikosha.org.

I will not be checking back in so there is no point in replying this post.

Malcolm


Please come back. Your knowledge is vast, you help many, many people and your activity is very important.

Kirt

_________________
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Departure
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:25 am
Posts: 231
Location: North Carolina
:namaste:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Departure
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:41 am
Posts: 2776
Image

_________________
TWTB BIES OCB DDM BWF


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Departure
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:23 pm
Posts: 122
Thats unfortunate. It would be great if less time on here translates to more content on his blogs though. And a quicker realisation of the translation of the 17 tantras.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Departure
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:10 pm
Posts: 805
Malcolm wrote:
Dear Friends:

The time has come for me to bid adieu to this particular forum.

You know how to find me via my blog, http://www.atikosha.org.

I will not be checking back in so there is no point in replying this post.

Malcolm


Oh you will be back after a while. :smile: There is too much of a community built over so many years from the E-Sangha days to say goodbye permanently. Its a journey we all share.

Till then!

_________________
If you believe certain words, you believe their hidden arguments. When you believe something is right or wrong, true of false, you believe the assumptions in the words which express the arguments. Such assumptions are often full of holes, but remain most precious to the convinced.

- The Open-Ended Proof from The Panoplia Prophetica


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Departure
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:32 pm
Posts: 178
So sad.
But let's keep the comments sections at Atikosha a lively place!

R


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Departure
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:59 am
Posts: 3043
May translations arise from the very heart essence and touch the heart/mind of all beings impartial. Thank you.

Edit: no coming no going is you.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/87439786/Dza- ... n-Diamonds


:namaste:

_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG_lNuNUVd4


Last edited by muni on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Departure
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:28 am 
Online

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:14 pm
Posts: 853
It was a wise decision on Malcolm's part if he has as much to do as he said -- arguing here just creates problems.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Departure
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:44 pm
Posts: 220
Location: UK
Malcolm was saying things that people didn't want to hear. DW is beginning to manifest the same anger, aggression, cultural and intellectual xenophobia that is afflicting the world outside. Inevitable and understandable, but a bloody shame nevertheless.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Departure
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 11:09 am
Posts: 2552
underthetree wrote:
Malcolm was saying things that people didn't want to hear. DW is beginning to manifest the same anger, aggression, cultural and intellectual xenophobia that is afflicting the world outside. Inevitable and understandable, but a bloody shame nevertheless.

Apart from the last clause exactly so. Its not a shame at all. I think Malcolm has a degree of maturity not common and I believe him when he says he wont be reading any replies. So I am not going to dishonour that by addressing remarks purportedly to him but that are actually about my own feelings.
I think it WAS inevitable that it would reach this point.
The degree of homophobia, folk belief, faux asiatic life style imitation, sheer unpleasantness, rampant egoism disguised as spirituality, sheer credulity, and new age wooliness, the willful and fearful embracing of a pre-Age Of Enlightenment cosmology that dislocates the holder of such views from their present reality, and other elements that characterises much of the forum input made it inevitable.
But above all anyone following his posts carefully , not simply with a view to arguing with him, will have seen that he has gone beyond the provisional and banal realities of " Buddhism " and found Dharma.
Anyone really inspired by his journey would do well to consider doing likewise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Departure
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:08 pm
Posts: 708
Yudron wrote:
Few people can translate Dzogchen texts, and there is little more important than that... better to have uninterrupted time to do it.
I second :smile: I wish Malcolm the best translations :namaste:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Departure
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:53 am 
Online

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:40 pm
Posts: 452
Simon E. wrote:
underthetree wrote:
Malcolm was saying things that people didn't want to hear. DW is beginning to manifest the same anger, aggression, cultural and intellectual xenophobia that is afflicting the world outside. Inevitable and understandable, but a bloody shame nevertheless.

Apart from the last clause exactly so. Its not a shame at all. I think Malcolm has a degree of maturity not common and I believe him when he says he wont be reading any replies. So I am not going to dishonour that by addressing remarks purportedly to him but that are actually about my own feelings.
I think it WAS inevitable that it would reach this point.
The degree of homophobia, folk belief, faux asiatic life style imitation, sheer unpleasantness, rampant egoism disguised as spirituality, sheer credulity, and new age wooliness, the willful and fearful embracing of a pre-Age Of Enlightenment cosmology that dislocates the holder of such views from their present reality, and other elements that characterises much of the forum input made it inevitable.
But above all anyone following his posts carefully , not simply with a view to arguing with him, will have seen that he has gone beyond the provisional and banal realities of " Buddhism " and found Dharma.
Anyone really inspired by his journey would do well to consider doing likewise.


Simon,

Your words would have much more power if they had come from someone who hadn't announced (in a very melodramatic way) more than once that they were leaving this forum and having nothing more to do with it.

Take your own advice and good luck.

_________________
s.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: qwerty13, Stewart and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group