Gurus For Hire Enlightenment For Sale

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Re: Gurus For Hire Enlightenment For Sale

Postby JKhedrup » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:22 pm

Username,
Just agree to disagree. That is what adults do.
Malcolm is entitled to his opinion, you are entitled to yours. When you challenge him in every thread like this it makes life difficult not just for Malcolm, but also to the rest of us trying use the service. It is unfair to both Malcolm and all the other users of Dharma Wheel.
Everyone has the right to evaluate Malcolm's opinions and make up their own minds, but your constant badgering does facilitate that process. It simply puts people off interacting on the board at all.
I say this as a person who disagrees with many of Malcolm's opinions (in some cases I disagree strongly), but respects his knowledge, scholarship and honesty. He is actually a good human being who benefits many people here. Your aversion to his opinions perhaps prevents you seeing that,
A foolish man proclaims his qualifications,
A wise man keeps them secret within.
A straw floats on the surface of water,
But a precious gem placed upon it sinks to the depths
-Sakya Pandita
JKhedrup
Former staff member

Postby Malcolm » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:31 pm

JKhedrup wrote:He is actually a good human being...

Apparently, I am actually the reincarnation of an evil minister sworn to destroy the Dharma in all my incarnations or some such nonsense.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

" The one who teaches the benefits of peace,
he is said to be a ṛṣī; the others are the opposite of him."

-- Uttaratantra
Malcolm

Postby JKhedrup » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:41 pm

Where are you hiding those horns? (sorry, couldn't resist)
-Sakya Pandita
JKhedrup
Former staff member

Postby Karma Dondrup Tashi » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:41 pm

Malcolm wrote:... I am actually the reincarnation of an evil minister sworn to destroy the Dharma in all my incarnations ...

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Malcolm is the certain-dharmapala-that-shall-not-be-mentioned!!!

KIDDING I'M KIDDING I'M KIDDI ...

eeeeeegegggggeekkkkgkgkgkkgggggggkkkkkkkkk [choking sound]

:toilet:
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Postby username » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:42 pm

Jkhedrup, in this thread and the big locked thread where big discussions took place on the need to evolve out of and end buddhist religion, I only replied to him when he quoted me. Search to see his claim is false. Also many insults on me by him were set invisible. On both counts he is accusing me falsely of what he does for many years as many blogs testify and am sure will.
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
username

Postby shel » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:44 pm

Malcolm wrote:... even I have a limit to my patience.

:tongue: Even you have limits. I have no limits for your patience at all.
shel

Postby JKhedrup » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:48 pm

I actually saw those parts of the thread that night but read what happened a bit differently. As I said Malcolm is a good human being. When you follow him around hijacking every discussion he has on the board, in addition to vilifying him and making accusations, he became impatient. That does not make him a horrible person out to destroy the dharma. It merely makes him an ordinary being (and even then, perhaps, as with all of us, only according to appearances.)
If we had had the same interaction I cannot say I would not have been upset as well.
I think you need to re-evaluate not your disagreement with Malcolm's opinions- you are entitled- but your wish to somehow discredit and malign Malcolm as a person and practitioner. I have interacted with him on and off on the internet for the past few years and can honestly tell you he is a very kind person despite what image you may have of him. I know of many instances where he has helped many people, including myself.
Could you maybe just think this campaign over?
-Sakya Pandita
JKhedrup
Former staff member

Postby shel » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:49 pm

username wrote:need to evolve out of and end buddhist religion

This is actually part of Buddhist doctrine, letting go of the raft...
shel

Postby Malcolm » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:53 pm

username wrote: I only replied to him when he quoted me.

This is lie or a delusion. You choose. You responded in a thread about what I had said in which I had posted an opinion.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

" The one who teaches the benefits of peace,
he is said to be a ṛṣī; the others are the opposite of him."

-- Uttaratantra
Malcolm

Postby treehuggingoctopus » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:06 pm

Pero wrote:
treehuggingoctopus wrote:
Dechen Norbu wrote:Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

Pratitya-sammutpada nicely exposes the fatal flaw in such reasoning.

In what way?

The basic logic of p-s, that is. Dependence works both ways - or, rather, every way. Guns, in order to appear onstage, need a proper environment that will be repsonsible for their invention and popularization - the environment which is in the process (as well as later) transformed and shaped by their appearance and spread; hence nothing is nor could be value-neutral "as such" - everything emerges from a value-laden background which thus becomes conditioned and altered. Peter Hershock writes about it neatly in his Reinventing the Wheel:

http://books.google.pl/books/about/Rein ... edir_esc=y

A nice, Bateson-influenced book, btw.

(I haven't read it since times immemorial. Having a look at it right now made me recall how tangible at times is the difference between the general sutra "style" attitude and that of Dzogchen.)
. . . there they saw a rock! But it wasn't a rock . . .
treehuggingoctopus

Postby username » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:07 pm

Jkhedrup, he takes part in numerous threads, I don't. Your accusation is false as is what you said I accused Tsem Tulku of falsely, I only asked about his past and future meetings with the Dalai lama.

On the older two points I showed here and on the big thread on ending religions and buddhist religion that I merely responded once quoted and criticized plus as invisible posts show received many insults. You did not detract these two accusations of yours either. You are doing to me what you accuse me of. best wishes.

Hi shel, I said I myself went beyond religion not recently but many years ago. I think in gathering places of buddhist religion whose essence is nature of mind, we should respect various subjective and collective dimensions of followers. That is all. All the best.
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
username

Postby Tara » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Temporarily locked.
Tara

Maybe you collect a lot of important writings,
Major texts, personal instructions, private notes, whatever.
If you haven’t practiced, books won’t help you when you die.
Look at the mind – that’s my sincere advice.

from Longchenpa's 30 Pieces of Sincere Advice

Mors certa — hora incerta
Tara
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Tibetan Buddhism