general tshog liturgy- is there one?

dzoki

general tshog liturgy- is there one?

Post by dzoki »

Hi, is there a general tshog liturgy, that can be appended to just about any practice (guru, yidam) in Kagyu tradition? In particular in Kamtsang Kagyu. There are many such texts in Nyingma - for example short tshog by Jigme Lingpa, Dudjom Rinpoche or Ju Mipham, but I haven´t seen anything like that among Kagyu texts, any ideas? thanks.
conebeckham

Re: general tshog liturgy- is there one?

Post by conebeckham »

The only one I know of is Kalu Rinpoche's, which can be added to any Sadhana, Sarma or Nyingma. Most Sarma yidam and LaaDrups have their own tsoks, though.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
dzoki

Post by dzoki »

conebeckham wrote:The only one I know of is Kalu Rinpoche's, which can be added to any Sadhana, Sarma or Nyingma. Most Sarma yidam and LaaDrups have their own tsoks, though.
Is it this one?:

http://tbrc.org/#library_work_ViewByOut ... 996|W23922" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks a lot, Cone, you are a treasury of knowledge.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

One general purpose Karma Kagyu tradition tsog coming up.
It was given to me as part of the guru yoga to the 16th Karmapa but I am informed that it's general purpose.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9844773/Tsog.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

That's cool, Greg! Any idea who the author is? Would love to learn more about that text.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

It was given to me by a Greek Drupla (soon to be Lama) friend of mine who probably got it during one of her two three year retreats at Dhagpo Kundreul Ling in France (thus explaining why the text is in French). I will ask her about the source the next time I talk to her.

Oh, by the way dzoki, since a tsog is a Vajrayana/tantric practice you will probably (definitely?) need a lung to do the specific practice.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
dzoki

Post by dzoki »

gregkavarnos wrote: Oh, by the way dzoki, since a tsog is a Vajrayana/tantric practice you will probably (definitely?) need a lung to do the specific practice.
Sure, this is how I get lungs: I find the text, that I need/want to use, I find the teacher, who has the transmision, i give hom the text, I ask for lung.
dzoki

Post by dzoki »

And Greg, thanks a bunch for that text.

Return to “Kagyu”