Insanity for Beginners

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
lobster

Insanity for Beginners

Post by lobster »

Some of us . . . mentioning no names except my own . . . :oops:
are crazy due to karma, wrong beliefs (eg. that the world is run by fish - I don't care what people say I have the evidence - one day I will reveal the Flying Spaghetti Monster conspiracy tapes), over indulgence in illicit substances or mind control by aliens from Dimension X :toilet:

However . . . it is also possible . . . through effort and skillful means to channel (a kind of dharma perfume)
these tendencies . . . :woohoo:

That is the role of Tantra. :twothumbsup:

In Buddhist Tantra, crazy deities are placated, evoked and internalised and most importantly dismissed back to the void.

You can not avoid the insanity of yourself and the world. You can make skillful choices.

May all Loonies be at Peace OM YA HA HUM :group:
http://thebuddhistblog.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... crazy.html
plwk

Re: Insanity for Beginners

Post by plwk »

What blasphemy... there is none other than the Ceiling Cat ... Image
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

We may all be crazy (according to the author quoted in the article) but some are dangerously insane. Dangerous for themselves and others.

The role of Tantra is not to channel these tendencies, Tantra is not psychiatry nor is it psychotherapy. Actually, Tantric practices may actually lead to an increase in ones "insanity" especially if incorrectly practiced (and that includes practicing with the wrong intentions).

It's not a game to be taken lightly since insanity is considered a condition that can actually reduce ones capacity to realise enlighenment. One of the eight freedoms which characterize human birth is the freedom from life as a being with mental disability, where one can neither understand the meaning of the Dharma nor practice it. Insanity is a mental disability.

Yes we are all crazy, but we are not all insane.
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
lobster

Post by lobster »

good points guys
The medicine Buddha will have to work over time offering help to those beyond help
such as blades of grass and the crazies . . .

I will volunteer for all tantra that starts from where I am in this life :rolleye:
I think tantra should be available as a medical alternative :thanks:

Return to “Lounge”