The Powerful Mantra To Place On The Body Of One Who Is Dying

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
sonan861

The Powerful Mantra To Place On The Body Of One Who Is Dying

Post by sonan861 »

The powerful mantras contained in this page can be laid on the body of someone who is dying or has died and will benefit that person immensely to have a peaceful death and to find a beneficial higher rebirth in the next life. Lama Zopa Rinpoche .

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?298gq5yi4q3okfl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

May all beings have happiness
ronnewmexico

Re: The Powerful Mantra To Place On The Body Of One Who Is Dying

Post by ronnewmexico »

Couldn't access the particular as I am in a bit of as rush and got lost inbeteen the Allstate adds....

But I assume that is Liberation through wearing which was given in what they call the Tibetan Book of the Dead by Padmesambhava.

It is carried upon one in a vial of a certain type. The words are transcribed in a certain fashion and in certain colors on certain types of parchment. These I assume are transcribed given to the individual and blessed with certain blessings in a ceremony. The vial and thus the words must be with the person during the certain stages of death. The person may be reminded of these and their content if with lama when dying to my dim dim recollection.

I consulted with a rinpoche I knew at one time and did have them tatooed upon my back. I find that I may not have them near me when I die due to cirucumstance, living in the west and all and as such find such tatooing serves the purpose well. It is quite extensive basically filling all my back. But for what better purpose can a back serve...but insurance in the event of no time or energy to pursue the spiritual in this life due to circumstance, it serves. My back is not particularly pretty anyway!!!

Writen in dikini script(the language of the dikinis the spiritual advanced spirts that assist the dharma propogation and maintance), each line removes a specific problem of attachment for the most part, prior to the next rebirth. The specific lines are quite wonderful and fantastic....I could offer speciflc lines translated in english if requested as I have the written stuff.

So if some lines were not present it still would be good effect.

I assume that is what is referenced but not certain.

Perhaps in part this is why I am so strange :smile:
But I find my strangeness not of a kind to be averted. Those things are a constant remider or part of me....always. When I see the universe and myself melting at times into liquid forms....I say... that's those darn dakini's again and their script....geeze louise.. :woohoo:
But most would say it is just madness....I don't care I advocate for it strongly.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

I wonder if the same result would be had if, in small script, the mantra was written out and put in a tiny container and then worn as a necklace? Tattooing is not for me.
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

Yes certainly how exactly the vial is kept is not to my knowledge very significant. I think it is normally kept around the neck but suspect around the wrist may work as well, but am not certain it is so long since I have refered to it. If one desires to do this I would suggest contacting a lama who is familiar with this and receiving his instructions blessings etc.

The important thing is to have it upon the body when dying. In the west hardly any are Buddhists nevertheless familiar with this form of Buddhism nor this specific thing. So like as not if you had such a vial on you and were in a emergency room for some emergency or a simple heart attack or some such they would invariably take the vial away from you and put it with your personal posession which are not kept with the person in the emergency room but in a place for safekeeping.

So the chances are very high in the west it would not be with the person when dying. And one could be swimming or any number of things which were not common to historic Tibet where Padmesambhava gave the teaching in the form of torma.

So that is how I accomodated my particular circumstance to this thing. AS mentioned normally it is written in a certain fashion a certain color ink and backround a certain parchment and other things....
So a tattoo is certainly not a pure vehicle for this thing but it accomodates my circumstance.

If one could be assured in todays world it would be on a body upon death a vial would be the way to go... HOwever as mentioned that would be very very difficulat to assure in modern times.

The walking around spacyness......I suspect it is not the tattoo but you never know about such things. If it is connected I suspect carrying a vial would not have the same effect. It's in my heart and blood so to speak a vial is not.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

sonan861 wrote:The powerful mantras contained in this page can be laid on the body of someone who is dying or has died and will benefit that person immensely to have a peaceful death and to find a beneficial higher rebirth in the next life. Lama Zopa Rinpoche .

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?298gq5yi4q3okfl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My security says this site is Dangerous - stay away. So could you just cut & paste the mantra here?
Bodhi

Post by Bodhi »

Will wrote:
sonan861 wrote:The powerful mantras contained in this page can be laid on the body of someone who is dying or has died and will benefit that person immensely to have a peaceful death and to find a beneficial higher rebirth in the next life. Lama Zopa Rinpoche .

My security says this site is Dangerous - stay away. So could you just cut & paste the mantra here?
Will, this is the file, I uploaded on webs file manager, see if it will work

Click Here to Download

Sonan861: I hope you don't mind that I uploaded it on my webs account for will. And thank you so much for the mantra!

Peace in Chan :namaste:
Wherever you are, that is where the mind should be. Always be mindful, and be your own master. This is true freedom. - Grand Master Wei Chueh
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Great job Bodhi, thank you so much.
Heruka

Post by Heruka »

some straight honest advice.

mantras only powerful if one knows what it is and has mastered its essense.

i.e. got its transmission, blessing, done the homework, and made effort into its realization.

im sorry but just printing pictures and wearing it in amulet is not the point.
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

Certainly one should consult a lama on this thing prior to any initiation.

HOwever this thing is designed for those whose anticipated spiritual progress is small due to circumstance. So spiritual advancement of generally any sort is not to be expected with one who is desireing this.

Padmesambhava in this series of writings has provided very many avenues for attaining. As with the more familiar death processes procedures he has provided many many alternatives suiting those of varying spiritual inclination and ability, from the most adept to the least adept with no spiritual inclination.
Such was/is his compassion, that he seemingly provided for all in virtually all circumstances to include falling off a cliff or being hit by lightening, the expected death and unexpected. Virtually all circumstances of spiritual type as well.

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”