Tremors

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
Music

Tremors

Post by Music »

I am getting mild tremors, not in specific areas .. They occur in many areas like knees, thighs, even lips or eyebrows.

What could it be?
viniketa

Re: Tremors

Post by viniketa »

Music wrote:I am getting mild tremors, not in specific areas .. They occur in many areas like knees, thighs, even lips or eyebrows.

What could it be?
Does any activity, in particular, seem to lead to these temors, or do they seem random?

:namaste:
If they can sever like and dislike, along with greed, anger, and delusion, regardless of their difference in nature, they will all accomplish the Buddha Path.. ~ Sutra of Complete Enlightenment
Konchog1

Post by Konchog1 »

Sugar and caffeine
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
steveb1

Post by steveb1 »

It could be almost anything. Why not just schedule a brief office visit and tell the Dr. exactly what you told us? Wouldn't take long and the Dr. will know what to do
:)
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

steveb1 wrote:It could be almost anything. Why not just schedule a brief office visit and tell the Dr. exactly what you told us? Wouldn't take long and the Dr. will know what to do
:)
This is excellent advice.

It is also good to ask your teacher about it. If you don't have a teacher, now would be a good time to find one.
Music

Post by Music »

Buddhism is not very common where I live, so finding a teacher may not be possible. My sister is a doctor, but even she doesn't find anything wrong. She says it's mostly stress, but I am worried if it would be the onset of Parkinson's or something else.
viniketa

Post by viniketa »

Music wrote:She says it's mostly stress, but I am worried if it would be the onset of Parkinson's or something else.
What is the difference between "stress" and "worry"? :thinking:

:namaste:
If they can sever like and dislike, along with greed, anger, and delusion, regardless of their difference in nature, they will all accomplish the Buddha Path.. ~ Sutra of Complete Enlightenment
lobster

Post by lobster »

Let us assume Dr Sister is right . . . :sage:

What's the plan? :namaste:

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”