Dzogchen Lineages Dzogchen Rinpoche & Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Blue Garuda

Re: Dzogchen Lineages Dzogchen Rinpoche & Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Post by Blue Garuda »

arsent wrote:
Found a pdf of the last book.
You can find another two also - scribd.
Thanks - yes, I found them but thought Premium membership was required. At $9 for a day pass I guess I should. :)
Left
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Not to be funny or anything, but you are willing to pay $9 to get access to illegally shared material? Why not set aside those $9 in order to save up for the actual book itself, for example?
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Norwegian wrote:Not to be funny or anything, but you are willing to pay $9 to get access to illegally shared material? Why not set aside those $9 in order to save up for the actual book itself, for example?
Not sure if it is illegal or not, but I'll check.

The book itself seems to be around $60 and I have other priorities such as DC practice books - and eating. I'll check Kobo as well.
Left
arsent

Post by arsent »

Blue Garuda wrote:
arsent wrote:
Found a pdf of the last book.
You can find another two also - scribd.
Thanks - yes, I found them but thought Premium membership was required. At $9 for a day pass I guess I should. :)
Just upload any document and you good for 24 hours without any payment.
arsent

Post by arsent »

Blue Garuda wrote:
Norwegian wrote:Not to be funny or anything, but you are willing to pay $9 to get access to illegally shared material? Why not set aside those $9 in order to save up for the actual book itself, for example?
Not sure if it is illegal or not, but I'll check.

The book itself seems to be around $60 and I have other priorities such as DC practice books - and eating. I'll check Kobo as well.
If the book is overpriced itself or rare - IMHO one can just "borrow" it from such resource to read and after - simly delete it without continue spreading it and sharing in the web...
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Try requesting that your local libraries, both public and University, purchase books.

I've gotten my local libraries to purchase books by Tulku Thondup, Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche, Lopon Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche, Longchen Rabjam, and many other books.

A University library card may cost money per-year if you're not a student though (I had a temporary job with the University, so my card was free, and it still works).
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Lhug-Pa wrote:Try requesting that your local libraries, both public and University, purchase books.

I've gotten my local libraries to purchase books by Tulku Thondup, Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche, Lopon Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche, Longchen Rabjam, and many other books.

A University library card may cost money per-year if you're not a student though (I had a temporary job with the University, so my card was free, and it still works).
In the UK public libraries are being closed down due to lack of funding, but the University idea is good. In fact one local Uni offers a masters in Comparative Religion so I'll try them. :)
Left

Return to “Dzogchen”