Guru Yoga of Je Tsongkhapa

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Guru Yoga of Je Tsongkhapa

Postby waimengwan » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:15 pm

For those of us who engage in this practice daily kindly share your experience on this.

Probably in relations to the 7 types of wisdoms visualisations from the Guru Yoga practice.
waimengwan

Re: Guru Yoga of Je Tsongkhapa

Postby Tara » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:28 pm

Duplicate topic removed.
It's not a competition. It's a choice.
Tara
Tara
Site Admin

Postby magickstonegirl » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:13 pm

hello wanwaimeng,

I came across the practice of Tsongkhapa quite by chance. I was not at all inclined towards Buddhism before but more of a new age practitioner. A friend of mine is a very devout Buddhist though and she gave me the mantra one day which I found resonated with me deeply. I started doing a little more research into this and started a lot of reading. I connected to these practices and teachings on a very profound level and I found it was opening many more avenues for me in my spiritual practice.

I have been doing the guru yoga for about 6 months now, with meditations on the 7 wisdoms. It is tremendous! I find it helps especially for finding peace during very turbulent moments, or when we are feeling uncertain, or in areas with very negative, lowly energies.

I'd be interested to know of others' experiences with the practice. I am also still relatively new to this although I have been reading and starting to learn and understand.
magickstonegirl

Postby Caz » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:47 pm

The seven wisdoms are indeed a very profound practice and I do need to look into them more, I do the Guru Yoga of Tsongkhapa combined with Lamrim and Protector prayers on a daily basis.
Abandoning Dharma is, in the final analysis, disparaging the Hinayana because of the Mahayana; favoring the Hinayana on account of the Mahayana; playing off sutra against tantra; playing off the four classes of the tantras against each other; favoring one of the Tibetan schools—the Sakya, Gelug, Kagyu, or Nyingma—and disparaging the rest; and so on. In other words, we abandon Dharma any time we favor our own tenets and disparage the rest.

Liberation in the Palm of your hand~Kyabje Pabongkha Rinpoche.
Caz

Postby magickstonegirl » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:02 pm

I've been wondering this and perhaps someone could help me out:

Sometimes i really do not have time to do a full prayer. Is it okay on those days to just recite the migtsema mantras and some other mantras?

Caz, I have been doing some research about Protectors in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition also which I am finding very fascinating! Would you be able to please share more information with me? (or where I can get more information and reading?)
magickstonegirl

Postby Caz » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:17 pm

magickstonegirl wrote:I've been wondering this and perhaps someone could help me out:

Sometimes i really do not have time to do a full prayer. Is it okay on those days to just recite the migtsema mantras and some other mantras?

Caz, I have been doing some research about Protectors in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition also which I am finding very fascinating! Would you be able to please share more information with me? (or where I can get more information and reading?)

Its always good to do the Gaden Lhagyema on a daily basis its not that long to complete :) But take Migstema with you wherever you go.
There is plenty of Information on the net available PM if you want a disscussion. :namaste:
Abandoning Dharma is, in the final analysis, disparaging the Hinayana because of the Mahayana; favoring the Hinayana on account of the Mahayana; playing off sutra against tantra; playing off the four classes of the tantras against each other; favoring one of the Tibetan schools—the Sakya, Gelug, Kagyu, or Nyingma—and disparaging the rest; and so on. In other words, we abandon Dharma any time we favor our own tenets and disparage the rest.

Liberation in the Palm of your hand~Kyabje Pabongkha Rinpoche.
Caz

Postby Steveyboy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:24 am

H. E. Tsem Rinpoche recently gave a wonderful teaching on the founder of the Gelug tradition, Lama Tsongkhapa. There's a sacred practice associated with Lama Tsongkhapa called Gaden Lhagyalma, which Rinpoche gives a very simple and easy-to-understand explanation on this most profound of practices. The benefits are amazing and what's great about it, is that one do not need to receive Tantric initiation just to practice this. Do watch it as it is pack full of knowledge and information regarding this practice and it comes in 4 parts.

Tsem Rinpoche is a Tulku of the Gaden Shartse monastery, the very monastery that was founded by Lama Tsongkhapa himself. And this video teaching comes in 4 parts and here's the video teaching on Rinpoche's blog:- :coffee:

http://blog.tsemtulku.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/buddhas-dharma/all-about-tsongkhapa-the-benefits-and-his-practice.html
Steveyboy

Return to Gelug