Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

florin

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by florin »

CrawfordHollow wrote:Does anyone know whats up with the replay site? I was able to get into once with my password, then it wouldn't work for a month, then I got into it last night, now it wont work again, I use the same password every time. Anyone else have problems?
copy and paste doesnt work when you login in.
try typing your details.
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Pero wrote:
Blue Garuda wrote:
Sherlock wrote::thanks:

I seem to remember mention of mirror divination specifically though. Anyway, maybe the timing will be planned to be combined with a future retreat specifically on this topic.

Isn't mirror divination 'Ta' or 'Da?

Is 'Mo' the generic term for all divination or a specific type?

Wiki has it as dice divination.
Generic, "mo" just means divination. I heard of dice, mala and mirror divination for example. There is a small booklet on mo with a mala in DC. There should be one on dice divination in the future, perhaps it's one of those two books.
i remember where is saw 'Ta' as mirror divination now:
http://www.lamadawa.com/div-tibetan.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

''Mirror Divination is known as "Ta" in Tibetan. According to Lama Dawa, Ta means "that which is coming forward very clearly." Mirror divination uses a mirror (usually made of brass, silver or glass) to reflect back to the seer images or words in response to a question. In order to be able to 'see' in the mirror, one needs to have 'special eyes' which is either inherited from one's parents, or is a natural talent carried over from one's previous lives. Then, after much intensive retreats under the guidance of a qualified master, these natural abilities are further developed and refined.''

He then goes on to describe mirror divination in more detail. Of course, the 'melong' is an important symbol in the DC re. the nature of the mind, and I'm not assuming that use as a divination medium is necessarily connected to the symbolism in the DC.

I'd like to see a book on the use of the melong, though - in fact on mirror divination in general, including scrying using polished obsidian. ;)
Left
Josef

Post by Josef »

alpha wrote:
CrawfordHollow wrote:Does anyone know whats up with the replay site? I was able to get into once with my password, then it wouldn't work for a month, then I got into it last night, now it wont work again, I use the same password every time. Anyone else have problems?
copy and paste doesnt work when you login in.
try typing your details.
Also try putting it in all in upper case.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
arsent

Post by arsent »

FUI:
New book from SSI available in international SSI bookore:
http://www.shangshungpublications.org/2 ... r-reality/
CREATIVE VISION and INNER REALITY is a translation of Easing the Beginner’s Way: the Essential Points of Creation and Completion, written in verse at the age of twenty-seven by the amazing nineteenthcentury realized master and profound scholar Jamg ön Kongtrul Lodrö Thaye. Born in 1813 in Kham in eastern Tibet, Kongtrul offered this advice based on his own experiential understanding of these two basic methods in Tibetan Buddhist tantric meditation.

The aspiring practitioner’s way is eased by clear and extremely practical explanations of firstly, the phase of “creation,” referring to the gradual imaginative process of recreating, with the aid of mantra and mudra, one’s self as the deity and the environment as the mandala, while maintaining the awareness of the lack of real existence of these and all appearances; and secondly, the phase of “completion,” referring to the dissolution of the visualization until the mind rests in its natural condition, the inseparability of bliss and emptiness, a state accomplished by, among other methods, concentration on one’s so-called vajra body and its channels, winds, and vital essences. Thus, in the first phase of this aspect of Vajrayana teaching the goal is imagined, and in the second it is directly experienced.

In reality those who have some familiarity with Mahamudra and Dzogchen, the two systems that represent the ultimate sense and final goal of all teachings, will find in the text a subtle guide to deeper knowledge.

This volume contains a second text, Jamgön Kongtrul’s Advice to Lhawang Trashi, in which the neophyte meditator is instructed in an inspiring and direct manner on how to recognize the landmarks and pitfalls that may be encountered along the path.

An Introduction and substantive notes by the translator are included in this useful and beautiful book.

The translator Elio Guarisco is a founding member of the International Shang Shung Institute of Tibetan Studies whose goal is to preserve and deepen the knowledge and understanding of Tibetan cultural traditions and has translated many works by the Institute’s founder, guide, and inspiration, Chögyal Namkhai Norbu.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Did I hear Rinpoche correctly in him saying that the text for the practice given in this retreat would be made available?
username

Post by username »

He said it will come out but my impression was he may have meant it might. I Think he was referring not just to the root text but said also an explanation booklet on this essential pithy practice for kaliyuga. However he has been teaching so many things recently not all might turn into books. So have to wait & see.There used to be another booklet on his root guru pithy Dzogchen teaching for this era but it is not on the sites as far as I can see. I think it was the same. Might be a different teaching though, or might be updated or reprinted.
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
florin

Post by florin »

Root text and the history of its descovery is in volume 2 of the longsal terma series
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

alpha wrote:Root text and the history of its descovery is in volume 2 of the longsal terma series
Yes, that's why I wonder if he is referring to something else. Sometimes they put the practice text up on the webcast site. I hope they do this time.
username

Post by username »

He said he is giving lung today so hopefully people can then read the root text and explanations of this practice too when it comes out. The root text pdf files or longsal histories have no explanation though. The paragraph describing the booklet used to say this is a teaching in which his root guru said this is the pithy Dzogchen teaching for this era....and contains explanations too which is what he was saying today. I think it was the same teaching. It used to be on the Austrian restricted bookshop section.
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Short question: Webcast connection for today, how was it for people? For me it was absolutely atrocious, it cut off quite often.
pawel

Post by pawel »

It was just like that. When that happens it's good to use the streams of translations. However today it wouldn't help with the cut-offs, Sasha too was often silent (for there was lacking the source stream for translation).
florin

Post by florin »

Norwegian wrote:Short question: Webcast connection for today, how was it for people? For me it was absolutely atrocious, it cut off quite often.
The connection was bad .
Actually the connection for the entire webcast was bad this time.
It seems that the problem was at the source since lots of different countries experienced the same connection break ups .
I would have thought that at least the headquarters would have good technical capabilities.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

alpha wrote:
Norwegian wrote:Short question: Webcast connection for today, how was it for people? For me it was absolutely atrocious, it cut off quite often.
The connection was bad .
Actually the connection for the entire webcast was bad this time.
It seems that the problem was at the source since lots of different countries experienced the same connection break ups .
I would have thought that at least the headquarters would have good technical capabilities.
That's what I thought. I am easily able to distinguish between problems related to my computer, my connection, my ISP/its DSLAM - or more external problems - such as webcast source, in this case. But just wanted to make completely sure this time since I hadn't seen any posts about it here.

Well, yes... It is disappointing that not even Merigar West can be a solid source when it comes to the streaming. :(
arsent

Post by arsent »

Lhasa wrote:Did I hear Rinpoche correctly in him saying that the text for the practice given in this retreat would be made available?
It looks like this old booklet available in US and other bookstores, related to the current retreat topic.
http://shangshung.org/store/index.php?m ... cts_id=255
DZOGCHEN TEACHINGS TASHIGAR SOUTH, 26th DEC 2000 - 1st JAN 2001
[Reserved*] Tashigar South, 26th December 2000 – 1st January 2001 Oral Commentary on the Longsal Terma "The Opening of the Gate to the State of Ati" Chögyal Namkhai Norbu received this teaching in a dream from his master Changchub Dorje, but the teaching is not his. It is from Guru Padmasambhava, and explains in a very simple way that we can enter into the knowledge of Ati. One night Rinpoche dreamed that he was in the place where Changchub Dorje lived and in the dream Rinpoche said to him, “In Eastern Tibet there is a big revolution, no one can lead a normal life anymore, and now all these turmoils are breaking out in central Tibet too, so even if we want to practice we can’t, and if we want to learn the teachings and practice Dharma we don’t get much chance: what can we do in such a situation?” Changchub Dorje replied, “I gave you an essential teaching, condensed, just right for this kind of situation; it is called Ati Gojed; ati means primordial state, knowledge, go means gate, jed means to open, and so it means how to open the gate of knowledge. With this teaching you can not just receive the knowledge but you can apply it.”
username

Post by username »

That's it. Don't know if it has Tibetan root text. Ideally they should re-edit it adding current week's teachings as they usually combine & edit many teachings on same subject for one book.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

arsent wrote:
Lhasa wrote:Did I hear Rinpoche correctly in him saying that the text for the practice given in this retreat would be made available?
It looks like this old booklet available in US and other bookstores, related to the current retreat topic.
http://shangshung.org/store/index.php?m ... cts_id=255
DZOGCHEN TEACHINGS TASHIGAR SOUTH, 26th DEC 2000 - 1st JAN 2001
[Reserved*] Tashigar South, 26th December 2000 – 1st January 2001 Oral Commentary on the Longsal Terma "The Opening of the Gate to the State of Ati" Chögyal Namkhai Norbu received this teaching in a dream from his master Changchub Dorje, but the teaching is not his. It is from Guru Padmasambhava, and explains in a very simple way that we can enter into the knowledge of Ati. One night Rinpoche dreamed that he was in the place where Changchub Dorje lived and in the dream Rinpoche said to him, “In Eastern Tibet there is a big revolution, no one can lead a normal life anymore, and now all these turmoils are breaking out in central Tibet too, so even if we want to practice we can’t, and if we want to learn the teachings and practice Dharma we don’t get much chance: what can we do in such a situation?” Changchub Dorje replied, “I gave you an essential teaching, condensed, just right for this kind of situation; it is called Ati Gojed; ati means primordial state, knowledge, go means gate, jed means to open, and so it means how to open the gate of knowledge. With this teaching you can not just receive the knowledge but you can apply it.”
Thank you.
username

Post by username »

Onto the webcast connection issue: In my opinion the problems are different. In Romania there was an upload problem which is a typical issue when outside of Western Europe & North America as broadband upload speeds (not the usual mentioned download speed) & reliability is not consistent in reality due to infrastructure. I think that was the case because when connection was lost it was lost on the web browser & various media streamer apps I tried. However the problem today was not about upload connection IMO. Because when it cut out on the browser it would still be working on media streamer apps & strangely when it stopped working on them it would be fine on the browser. So it was not an upload connection issue but some sort of webcast management issue, load sharing, mix-up etc. Anyway that was my experience plus the upload from Italy is usually reliable and the US streaming source is reliable too.
arsent

Post by arsent »

username wrote:That's it. Don't know if it has Tibetan root text. Ideally they should re-edit it adding current week's teachings as they usually combine & edit many teachings on same subject for one book.
It doesn't. Tibetan text is in Longsal Teachings volume two.
spyderix

Post by spyderix »

I wonder if someone experienced could share his knowledge on technical stuff of webcasts. At this moment it is most important medium for receiving teaching so it would be nice to know how each user can have it in a best and most economical way possible. For now all went in my experience without crucial loses so I'm very happy :twothumbsup: but sometimes I'm really worried and wonder if there is something to do for improvement.
Kris

Post by Kris »

need help with the names of the collective practices, i have wrote most down and have been attending but i cant understand some of Rinpoches pronounciation.
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines

Return to “Dzogchen”