Most Sacred Pilgrimage Site in Dzogchen?

username

Re: Most Sacred Pilgrimage Site in Dzogchen?

Post by username »

Sherlock wrote:Wutai Shan in China might also be a good place; Vimalamitra is still there.
Yes it definitely is & I remembered it a couple of hours after posting. Wutai Shan or the Five Peaks mountain is mentioned in some prophecies as becoming important in future. The late Jigmed Phuntsok buried terma there recently, probably some of the many famous miraculous terma he received in Tibet. There are 4 sacred mountains in China proper but 5 Peaks is the most important. I also forgot to say the Bon have 37 major sacred sites & the famous Bon Olmo Lung Ring in the land of Tazigs is the most important & is in fact Shambhala. Shambhala is a bit different to others as it is a power place as well as a society of certain type of sentient beings. In the Himalayas Chatral Rinpoche opened up a couple of remote power place caves accompanied by a group of people years ago. Another important Himalayan region which has quite a few unopened Beyuls apart from Bhutan is the famous remote PemaKo region. There are a lot of power places everywhere in the world which become centers of great good or evil if abused. However the most important power places are the ones in India, Himalayas & Tibet.
Last edited by username on Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

username wrote:Potala mountain.
Potala, Avalokiteśvara's buddhafield, is in South India:

http://buddhisma2z.com/content.php?id=317" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SSJ3Gogeta

Post by SSJ3Gogeta »

My suspicion is that Potala is the same as Tirumala mountain, and that the statue of Venkateswara is actually that of Avalokiteśvara.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

SSJ3Gogeta wrote:My suspicion is that Potala is the same as Tirumala mountain, and that the statue of Venkateswara is actually that of Avalokiteśvara.
No, they are different.
username

Post by username »

Malcolm wrote:
username wrote:Potala mountain.
Potala, Avalokiteśvara's buddhafield, is in South India:

http://buddhisma2z.com/content.php?id=317" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes IIRC there is another Potalaka sacred mountain in far East China. There are many legends about secret caverns under the Potala palace in Lhasa which were blocked before the Chinese arrived. Some power spots refer to caves but in fact most mountainous power spots are inside the mountains. There is a sort of parallel dimension between certain mountains so a few of the important ones in Tibet are said in fact to be linked directly to Padmasambhava's Copper Colored Mountain, wherever that is. These couple of Potalakas might be linked to the main one in Lhasa too. Adam's Peak in Sri Lanka is also very interesting & a huge pilgrimage site. It is said to project a perfect pyramid shadow sometimes, I saw photographs of it before, which defies logic. Potala mountain under the palace is said to be extremely important to the thousand Buddhas who are manifestations of Avalokiteshvara or in fact his arms.
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
SSJ3Gogeta

Post by SSJ3Gogeta »

Malcolm wrote: No, they are different.

Do you take your link's claim as definitive?

If there is an actual true Potala, I would like to know it. :thumbsup:

Return to “Dzogchen”