Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Sally Gross

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Sally Gross »

Video and sound on the webcast are down right now, though my connection seems to be solid enough. Is the webcast down elsewhere? :techproblem:
Dukkham eva hi, na koci dukkhito,
kaarako na, kiriyaa va vijjati,
atthi nibbuti, na nibbuto pumaa,
maggam atthi, gamako na vijjati

Suffering there certainly is, but no sufferer,
no doer, though certainly the deed is found.
peace is achieved, but no-one's appeased,
the way is walked, but no walker's to be found.

- Visuddhimagga XVI, 90
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Down, totally, And before it crashed, was it difficult!
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Kris

Post by Kris »

:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

webcast totally blank :crying: :techproblem:
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Sally Gross

Post by Sally Gross »

treehuggingoctopus wrote:Down, totally, And before it crashed, was it difficult!
It's up again :woohoo:

- Visuddhimagga XVI, 90
florin

Post by florin »

back for now :woohoo:
Kris

Post by Kris »

so am i correct in assuming i received direct transmission?
i can now practice guru yoga and song of vajra and short tun since i was presnt the whole webcast.

i think i know the answer just looking for confirmation

:meditate:
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Sally Gross

Post by Sally Gross »

RikudouSennin wrote::tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

Was your connection restored? The webcast connection seems to have been intermittent at times, but it seems to have come back, and I hope that you persevered despite the interruptions. :coffee:

Oh, and the answer is yes. :twothumbsup:

- Visuddhimagga XVI, 90
Kris

Post by Kris »

Sally Gross wrote:

Was your connection restored? The webcast connection seems to have been intermittent at times, but it seems to have come back, and I hope that you persevered despite the interruptions. :coffee:

yup it restored round 5:14 or so when he was xplaining guru yoga, but i was live the whole time after the inteferrence, i used the audio page because it seemed to keep it live the best without skipping so......YAY :jumping:
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
username

Post by username »

RikudouSennin wrote:so am i correct in assuming i received direct transmission?
i can now practice guru yoga and song of vajra and short tun since i was presnt the whole webcast.

i think i know the answer just looking for confirmation

:meditate:
Yes, Main things. On sept 6th the lungs for most restricted practice books available on the shangshung websites will be given.
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

Sally Gross wrote:

Dear Sally, all and All,

:soapbox:

Not to worry if you loose the webcast.

The replays (for those who can access them because they are members) usually have less drop outs and you can record them with Jacsta or Debut for video, or Sound Forge or Audio Hijack Pro (mac) for sound. There are many similar recording programs. Ask you local computer geek. Of course it is very good to also support the precious webcasts, through large contributions to SSI. There are expenses for the webcasts.

If there is a drop out during a lung, maybe it doesn't matter. Perhaps each part of the lung is holographic and contains the rest of the lung within it: intention / belief / confidence is everything.

Also, ChNN Rinpoche is always giving the lungs again and again.

Also, the webcasts are inherently delayed (by at least few seconds) from the original time of the sound from Rinpoche, so perhaps it is just a matter of understanding that you can connect with the lung (on the also delayed replay), if you do Guru Yoga of the white Ah, to Rinpoche, at that time too, while you are receiving the lung. Remember that instant presence is beyond time, so you can't say transmission depends on time if you are in instant presence. :twothumbsup:

:smile:

Originally Rinpoche had said that you can get transmission from replays, but that was changed. I was present when someone asked him the question, "Can you get transmission from a recording?" and he replied, "It is all sound." Now you might say that the non-dual state of Guru Yoga needs to be present for transmission to occur, but perhaps you can initiate this, from your side, at the time of the replay. Perhaps Rinpoche, and all the "knowledge holder" Rigzin, Dzogchen Masters are always transmitting the state of Dzogchen, even though they are not always saying the words of the lung. Maybe the words of the lung are not so important, but are a vehicle for allowing the transmission of the state to occur.

Anyway, you are not going to harm anything by trying this and seeing if it works. :smile:

The point is to get the "live" transmission, and apply the teachings so you get the benefit, if you are practicing Dzogchen from the Pratyeka Buddha point of view, or so that you, and all sentient beings, get the benefit, if you are practicing Dzogchen from the Mahayana point of view.

Perhaps Dzogchen has no point of view (and can't even say that it has that: it is beyond any quality or limitation). Perhaps all points of view can be seen as only temporary constructions / conventions, to support philosophical political positions (so as to influence market share), if you are practicing Dzogchen from the Dzogchen point of view.

Of course whatever Rinpoche says is exactly correct, and you should follow his instructions precisely. :smile:

:heart:
florin

Post by florin »

For those who are members of DC and have access to the replay website there is an easy way to listen and extract the mp3 file burried in the m3u playlist .

Click on any playlist.It will download to your computer.
Go to the playlist you just downloaded and open it with any text editor .i.e notepad.
Once you open it you copy the bit which starts with http and paste it into your browser.Now you press enter.This will extract the mp3 file to your computer and you will have the file for yourself whether your are off line or online.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Sherlock wrote:I remember reading on one of the Shangshung Institute sites that among the translations of Longsal cycle texts to come there would be a mirror divination text included somewhere. I can't find the page now, does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Yeah I remember. Looking through my emails it seems there will be two texts about divination.
SSI wrote: Here is just a brief report of Adriano's most recent work in 2012:
1) He revised entirely the Khyentse biography
2) He revised the introduction and notes of the Medjung Tantra
3) He finished the Mo Divination Book which should be published by September 2012
4) He revised the "Light of Kailash"
5) He completed a draft translation of the Longsal Yangti
SSI wrote: Mo: the Art of Tibetan Divination by Chögyal Namkhai Norbu
Translated from Tibetan by Elio Guarisco
Edited by Nancy Simmons
One of the most popular form of Tibetan divination is connected to the deity Dorje Yudronma. It’s been traditionally used as an aid in making difficult decisions, whenever the results couldn’t be easily discerned. The book contains instructions on how to correctly perform the divination on one’s own, using different objects as a support.
The latter one was supposed to be published in 2011 (among several other unpublished titles).
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

:thanks:

I seem to remember mention of mirror divination specifically though. Anyway, maybe the timing will be planned to be combined with a future retreat specifically on this topic.
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Sherlock wrote::thanks:

I seem to remember mention of mirror divination specifically though. Anyway, maybe the timing will be planned to be combined with a future retreat specifically on this topic.

Isn't mirror divination 'Ta' or 'Da?

Is 'Mo' the generic term for all divination or a specific type?

Wiki has it as dice divination.
Last edited by Blue Garuda on Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Left
tamm

Post by tamm »

Hello everyone! I know, long time no see, but I was wondering if anyone could either explain here or in pm what exactly the teachings are about this weekend I'd really appreciate it. I just started school again this week and everything is a bit jumbled! :juggling:
Pero

Post by Pero »

Blue Garuda wrote:
Sherlock wrote::thanks:

Isn't mirror divination 'Ta' or 'Da?

Is 'Mo' the generic term for all divination or a specific type?

Wiki has it as dice divination.
Generic, "mo" just means divination. I heard of dice, mala and mirror divination for example. There is a small booklet on mo with a mala in DC. There should be one on dice divination in the future, perhaps it's one of those two books.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

tamm wrote:Hello everyone! I know, long time no see, but I was wondering if anyone could either explain here or in pm what exactly the teachings are about this weekend I'd really appreciate it. I just started school again this week and everything is a bit jumbled! :juggling:
Hello Tamm

From Norbunet

August 31 – September 6, 2012
Longsal Atii Gongpa Gojed
The Opening of the Gate to the State of Ati (A ti’i dgongs pa sgo ’byed), set down in writing by Chögyal Namkhai Norbu in 1977, is a special teaching of Padmasambhava, the Mahaguru of Oddiyana (eighth century), that explains the conditions of the teaching in this degenerate age and presents a practice of Purification of the Six Lokas based on the principle of the reversal (ru log) of samsara. The dreams through which the upadesha was discovered are connected to Padmasambhava himself and to the author’s root guru Rigdzin Changchub Dorje (1826-1961).
(Longsal Teachings, Volume 2, Shang Shung Edizioni)
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

Dear Dharma friends,

On September 4-6(Tue-Thu) 2012.

Malaysia Time: 12noon-2pm and 3.30pm-5.30pm
Indian Time: 9.30am-11.30am and 1.00pm-3.00pm

His Holiness the Dalai Lama will continue teachings from Chapter 5 onwards on Shantideva's "A Guide to the Boddhisattva's Way of Life (chodjug)" at the request of a group of Southeast Asians at the Main Tibetan Temple in Dharamsala, India

There will be live webcasts in English, Chinese, Tibetan and Russian languages.

http://dalailama.com/liveweb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Please observe the exceptional high quality of the webcast, and replays (especially in full screen), and the exceptional user friendliness of the replays (audio and video).

Hurrah for the HHDL webcast team. Hurrah for the DC webcast team.
pawel

Post by pawel »

sherlock wrote:Any of you tuned into the Mandarava Ganapuja webcast just now?
Sure :)
Many mantra this time, I like. Singing a bit slow :D
Wonderful to practice collectively!
CrawfordHollow

Post by CrawfordHollow »

Does anyone know whats up with the replay site? I was able to get into once with my password, then it wouldn't work for a month, then I got into it last night, now it wont work again, I use the same password every time. Anyone else have problems?

Return to “Dzogchen”