Why Spiritual Countries have more Suffering/Demons?

Whether you're exploring Buddhism for the first time or you're already on the path, feel free to ask questions of any kind here.

Why Spiritual Countries have more Suffering/Demons?

Postby freefromsamsara » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:11 am

Have you ever wondered why the East, with its unsurpassed rich spiritual history and culture, is experiencing so much Suffering and corruption of Moral Values?

Just look at China and India, Both countries have thousands and thousands of years of rich spiritual heritage yet both countries are afflicted with highly corrupt moral values, poverty and basically more suffering than western countries like the US who have a comparatively lesser level of suffering and spiritual heritage than the East.

A master once asked me, "why do you think a lot of temples in the city are surrounded by sexual industries? it is because there are countless and I mean countless demons who are hell-bent on driving humanity away from the path of enlightenment and ascension.

when you have a temple in the city, you are actually motivating humanity to forego the material in favour of the spiritual.. however, as more and more humans begin to tread the spiritual paths, the demons and devils of this world will have less and less food/energy supplies to feed on.. yes we humans are used as food/energy supplies by demons and devils.."

This is why the East with its rich spiritual heritage are experiencing so much Suffering and corruption of Moral Values..

Put yourself in the shoes of a Demon General for a second.. If you have a army of demons who are counting on using humanity as energetic food supplies/slaves, wouldn't you concentrate your best soldiers on attacking the countries with the greatest numbers of freedom fighters i.e. the monks and nuns of this world who are trying to elevate humanity from the hell-hole of materialism to a spiritual paradise?
freefromsamsara
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:11 am

Re: Why Spiritual Countries have more Suffering/Demons?

Postby CrawfordHollow » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:22 am

Are you sure that those in the West really suffer less than those in the East?
CrawfordHollow
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 10:56 pm

Re: Why Spiritual Countries have more Suffering/Demons?

Postby zangskar » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:48 am

freefromsamsara wrote:Put yourself in the shoes of a Demon General for a second.

Image
:tongue:
Best wishes
Lars
zangskar
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:05 pm

Re: Why Spiritual Countries have more Suffering/Demons?

Postby Indrajala » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:36 am

freefromsamsara wrote:Have you ever wondered why the East, with its unsurpassed rich spiritual history and culture, is experiencing so much Suffering and corruption of Moral Values?


The material suffering in places like India is a complex problem that can't be easily drawn down to a single cause.

Keep in mind India used to be one of the wealthiest regions on the planet (which is why consequently so many powers sought to invade it).


Just look at China and India, Both countries have thousands and thousands of years of rich spiritual heritage yet both countries are afflicted with highly corrupt moral values, poverty and basically more suffering than western countries like the US who have a comparatively lesser level of suffering and spiritual heritage than the East.


The material comforts of the US are because it commands 35% of the world's resources, an arrangement made possible by massive military expenditures. The average American (and citizens of client states like Canada or Japan) is protected from that reality and goes on living in la la land thinking that maybe an unprovoked attack on Iraq was a bad idea, but oh well life goes on and there is porn to download, beers to drink and fast cars to drive and/or being emo about not being born beautiful enough or their education not giving them a high paying job which they feel entitled to.

If citizens of the west really gave a damn they'd not co-operate with the system, but they do which means the states which initiate wars and oppression of foreign countries have the mandate of their citizens. We all enjoy a portion of the pie anyway, so until enough people become materially and socially disadvantaged the wars of aggression and exploitation that NATO engages in will continue (and then maybe another power will take it up).

Western countries are generally materially fine for now, but there is vast corruption. Actually it might be argued that the corruption in the west kills more innocents than the corruption in a place like India where it is more about bribes and stealing money rather than launching wars of aggression to acquire resources (theft and bribes still happen in the west, but as a normal citizen you normally don't have to pay a bribe for a passport which means people are either unaware of it or don't care because it doesn't directly affect them).


A master once asked me, "why do you think a lot of temples in the city are surrounded by sexual industries? it is because there are countless and I mean countless demons who are hell-bent on driving humanity away from the path of enlightenment and ascension.


Prostitution in Asia used to be as common as hair dressers. It still is in much of Asia. Historically in most countries there is huge precedent for it and generally speaking it is tacitly accepted. Historically in Japan and China, for example, prostitution was just another profession, like being a masseuse. Buddhist cultures have never been overly harsh on the profession.

This is why the East with its rich spiritual heritage are experiencing so much Suffering and corruption of Moral Values..


I think it has more to do with economic causes and industrialization. You have cultures which were once overwhelmingly rural and highly religious rapidly urbanizing, dependent on cash economies and engaging in the consumer culture.

Put yourself in the shoes of a Demon General for a second.. If you have a army of demons who are counting on using humanity as energetic food supplies/slaves, wouldn't you concentrate your best soldiers on attacking the countries with the greatest numbers of freedom fighters i.e. the monks and nuns of this world who are trying to elevate humanity from the hell-hole of materialism to a spiritual paradise?


That sounds rather idealistic.
Flower Ornament Depository (Blog)
Indrajāla's Contemplations (Blog)
Exploring Classical Chinese (Blog)
Dharma Depository (Site)

"Hui gives me no assistance. There is nothing that I say in which he does not delight." -Confucius
User avatar
Indrajala
 
Posts: 5863
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Nepal

Re: Why Spiritual Countries have more Suffering/Demons?

Postby DarwidHalim » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:03 am

East may be poorer than West, but in terms of happiness, I think it is another way around.

During the Katrina disaster in America, you can see how the People in the affected state turn to riot.

When you have a material, you can look happy. But this happiness is like a bomb. When that material is taken out, that bomb just explode and everything turn ugly.

In the poor country like Bhutan for example, in terms of material, you live very simple and generally they are quite peaceful.

And the interest part is that their happiness doesn't mainly come from the material possession.

Their happiness is not like a bomb.

In the west, the happiness is like a bomb, waiting to explode depending on the material. We can see in the news actually, how violence start to appear during current European crisis.

Why less demon? We can see fromt this perspective that in the east we try to go beyond material possesion, and of course demon will not be happy and they will distirb you more and more. While in the west, the demon is happily cover your mind with wealth suffering that you see as happiness.
I am not here nor there.
I am not right nor wrong.
I do not exist neither non-exist.
I am not I nor non-I.
I am not in samsara nor nirvana.
To All Buddhas, I bow down for the teaching of emptiness. Thank You!
User avatar
DarwidHalim
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:04 pm

Re: Why Spiritual Countries have more Suffering/Demons?

Postby kirtu » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:57 pm

DarwidHalim wrote:During the Katrina disaster in America, you can see how the People in the affected state turn to riot.


This is a completely wrong example. People in the affected states did not "turn to riot". People in the hardest hit areas also did not "turn to riot" even as politicians abandoned them. In downtown New Orleans for example they tied of exposure on the spot as the state and federal governments did nothing (except for an overworked Coast Guard that did rescue people day and night and a singer who had been born in Louisiana just across from New Orleans who abandoned his role as a reporter and began rescuing people). What happened was that police forces in communities prevented people from escaping New Orleans and fired on people peacefully crossing a bridge. Also people did break into surviving and closed supermarkets to get food to eat (and in many cases left money). Police and National Guard forces set up outside New Orleans also prevented people from entering New Orleans and helping people (an online doctor acquaintance from esangha who had attached himself to a former military medic group was one of the people prevented from entering New Orleans). In other areas police and National Guard and local people helped to rescue people constantly even as bodies and tragic situations came to light (a nursing home full of dead elderly people who had drowned and who had been abandoned by it's able bodied working staff for example).

Why less demon? We can see fromt this perspective that in the east we try to go beyond material possesion, and of course demon will not be happy and they will distirb you more and more. While in the west, the demon is happily cover your mind with wealth suffering that you see as happiness.


An oversimplification but nonetheless accurate.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
User avatar
kirtu
Former staff member
 
Posts: 4375
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Why Spiritual Countries have more Suffering/Demons?

Postby Nothing » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:39 pm

When one compares the east against the west, it is like comparing an apple against an orange....they are different and cannot be compared.

What is important is when a human being exist, there is a problem and that problem must be resolved and balanced.....if one is resolved, it is therefore perfect and does not require to be born into this conditioned world.
If you consider at first principles that a human being is imperfect then this equates to a life of existence to balance its own equation. Every existence must go through the same process although they do vary in accordance to their own conditions.
These conditions are your negatives and they must be balanced.

Now consider yourself, your friends, your family, towns and villages, a county then the country.....there is no escape from it.....it is conditioned. Imagine the amount of negatives or darkness, it all adds up.

When you say east, there are more darkness as there are more people. When you say west, there are less darkness as there are less people. Hence they are different.

Yet no one escapes until it is balanced and that balance can only be done by the self. No one can do it for you! This includes for every human being living on earth!
User avatar
Nothing
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: Why Spiritual Countries have more Suffering/Demons?

Postby Tiger » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:48 pm

Despite being myself from India, my opinion for the origination of Buddhism in India, of all places, is because of the geography. India is a place which is basically at the center of Asia, with moderate temperature, neither too cold like Europe, nor too hot like African and middle-Eastern countries, with abundant and rich flora and fauna. It is natural that most people sought to invade this country. You wont find Elephants, Tigers, Leopards, in Europe, or moderate temperatures to grow diverse forms of cereals such as a in India. It is the location that made it important. And Indian civilization has never been constant with only one ethnic group inhabiting it from the beginning. In fact, invasions were normal right from the beginning with the Dravidians displacing Austro-Asiatic (Mundas, Gonds etc and other indigenous tribes, the Indo-Aryan Caucasians displacing the Dravidians as well as other native tribes, the Indo-Scythians (white Hunas, etc) further dominating over the Indo-Aryans, Dravidians etc, the Mughals and Muslims from Persian again invading from Persia, and finally the Europeans invading in the past few centuries. This is unlike other civilizations like Greek or Chinese where the ethnic group has always been the same with minor influences form the outsiders.


Having said that, I believe the real reason why Europeans became civilized faster compared to say, Africans, was because of environment solely. The Africans had abundance of flora and fauna so all they had to care was to protect themselves from wild animals that they could not tame (Lions, Leopards, thousands of Buffaloes, Elephants, wild dogs etc etc). In contrast to that, the Europeans faced more problem because of the weather instead of animals, and this in turn acted as a motivation for them to seek greener pastures and race against time to become more developed. India was in neither extreme and there was best place for Buddhism to originate in.


Namo Amitabha
Namo Amitabha Buddha
Tiger
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:47 am

Re: Why Spiritual Countries have more Suffering/Demons?

Postby freefromsamsara » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:56 am

There are both white and dark magick lodges in this world.

Black Lodges work for their own material and spiritual advancement.

White Lodges work for the advancement and evolution of mankind. They receive their instructions directly from the higher dimensional gods.

Examples of white magick lodges in this world are the tibetans, native americans, indonesians, and some parts of the Middle East.

Black magick lodges are much more prevalent and powerful in the west than in the east.

It is an undeniable fact that the white lodges have lost the war to the black lodges. The black lodges are not working with each other but it is an undeniable fact that the black lodges have attained far more wealth and power on this world than the white lodges giving the black lodges the chance to build up trillion-dollar companies which in turn control the governments, education, media companies, in essence the black lodges have now controlled the world-wide consciousness of this world.

Why do you think the world-wide media, including the media in the east, are still covering up the truth regarding the true facts of spirituality, siddhis, other-dimensional life despite the fact that everyone on this world now know the truth after what has happened during the last three years?

So this is why countries in the East with such rich spiritual heritage had experienced and are experiencing so much suffering. Because the white lodges in these Eastern countries had lost the war to the black lodges seeking to usurp the consciousness of humanity.
freefromsamsara
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:11 am

Re: Why Spiritual Countries have more Suffering/Demons?

Postby AlexanderS » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:51 pm

freefromsamsara wrote:There are both white and dark magick lodges in this world.

Black Lodges work for their own material and spiritual advancement.

White Lodges work for the advancement and evolution of mankind. They receive their instructions directly from the higher dimensional gods.

Examples of white magick lodges in this world are the tibetans, native americans, indonesians, and some parts of the Middle East.

Black magick lodges are much more prevalent and powerful in the west than in the east.

It is an undeniable fact that the white lodges have lost the war to the black lodges. The black lodges are not working with each other but it is an undeniable fact that the black lodges have attained far more wealth and power on this world than the white lodges giving the black lodges the chance to build up trillion-dollar companies which in turn control the governments, education, media companies, in essence the black lodges have now controlled the world-wide consciousness of this world.

Why do you think the world-wide media, including the media in the east, are still covering up the truth regarding the true facts of spirituality, siddhis, other-dimensional life despite the fact that everyone on this world now know the truth after what has happened during the last three years?

So this is why countries in the East with such rich spiritual heritage had experienced and are experiencing so much suffering. Because the white lodges in these Eastern countries had lost the war to the black lodges seeking to usurp the consciousness of humanity.


What is that which has happended during the last 3 years, apart from the economic crisis?
AlexanderS
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:58 am

Re: Why Spiritual Countries have more Suffering/Demons?

Postby Fu Ri Shin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:08 pm

freefromsamsara wrote:There are both white and dark magick lodges in this world.
. . .
...black lodges have now controlled the world-wide consciousness of this world.
. . .

To my knowledge, Buddhadharma doesn't accept such worldview concepts.
"Once delusion is extinguished, your wisdom naturally arises and you don’t differentiate suffering and joy. Actually, this joy and this suffering, they are the same."

— Chinese hermit, Amongst White Clouds
User avatar
Fu Ri Shin
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:26 am


Return to Exploring Buddhism

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RopeNL and 8 guests

>