rGyal tshab rJe Dar ma rin chen - UTTARATANTRA

gerdovan

rGyal tshab rJe Dar ma rin chen - UTTARATANTRA

Post by gerdovan »

Hi everbody,

I am looking for the Tibetan text of rGyal tshab rJe Dar ma rin chen's commentary on the rGyud bla ma ((UTTARATANTRA). Preferably not in Whylie.... can I download it from somewhere?

Can somebody help me with that?

Thank you!

Gerd
JKhedrup

Re: rGyal tshab rJe Dar ma rin chen - UTTARATANTRA

Post by JKhedrup »

This text should be available from any FPMT centre where they are studying the basic program, as it is the standard text for all the classes on the Uttaratantra topic. You might want to try writing to Chenrezig Institute in Australia, Nalanda Monastery in France, Lama Tzongkhapa Institute in Italy or Tse Chen Ling in San Francisco.
As you can see, since joining the Dharma Wheel board I have included a quote from that text in my signature. But FPMT is quite strict with copyright and I agreed to the policy when I was given the text! Otherwise I would have been happy to send it to you myself.
I am sure if you explained to them why it was important to have the text they would try to find a way to send you the copy.
good luck!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

gerdovan wrote:Hi everbody,

I am looking for the Tibetan text of rGyal tshab rJe Dar ma rin chen's commentary on the rGyud bla ma ((UTTARATANTRA). Preferably not in Whylie.... can I download it from somewhere?

Can somebody help me with that?

Thank you!

Gerd

dar ma rin chen. "theg pa chen po rgyud bla ma'i TI k+ka/." In gsung 'bum/_rgyal tshab rje (bkra shis lhun po par rnying). TBRC W29194. 3: 5 - 440. dharamsala: sherig parkhang, 1997. http://tbrc.org/link?RID=O01ACI1|O01ACI101ACI23$W29194" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tom

Post by Tom »

Malcolm wrote:[
dar ma rin chen. "theg pa chen po rgyud bla ma'i TI k+ka/." In gsung 'bum/_rgyal tshab rje (bkra shis lhun po par rnying). TBRC W29194. 3: 5 - 440. dharamsala: sherig parkhang, 1997. http://tbrc.org/link?RID=O01ACI1|O01ACI101ACI23$W29194" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In case you ran into TBRC's copyright restrictions here is a link to the text:

http://asianclassics.org/release6/webda ... 5434M.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JKhedrup

Post by JKhedrup »

I should add that the FPMT would have the entire text in Tibetan, as well as the commentary to the first chapter in English, which might be useful. The text itself is not the most difficult Tibetan text in the world, but there is some unusual terminology that you don't find in the more commonly taught subjects.

I am not aware of any other English translations of the material.
lucidaromulus

Post by lucidaromulus »

you can get one in english from Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche's Buddhist organization. Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche is Rime by the way.
http://www.siddharthasintent.org/teachi ... ntary.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
it is free. all you have to do is request publication. they will send you an email with a link to download.
JKhedrup

Post by JKhedrup »

It looks good. But it is not the commentary composed by Gyaltsabje, but rather a modern commentary by Dzongsar Rinpoche. I think the person is looking specifically for the ancient commentary by Gyaltsab, Tzongkhapa's disciple. And, if I am not mistaken I think they are looking for the Tibetan.
lucidaromulus

Post by lucidaromulus »

JKhedrup wrote:It looks good. But it is not the commentary composed by Gyaltsabje, but rather a modern commentary by Dzongsar Rinpoche. I think the person is looking specifically for the ancient commentary by Gyaltsab, Tzongkhapa's disciple. And, if I am not mistaken I think they are looking for the Tibetan.
i see. i'm a member of an fpmt local center, by the way. just inquiring, has fpmt translated the full commentary of Gyaltsabje's commentary on the Uttaratantra?
and to acquire it do i have to enroll to the online basic program? or can we just pay a fee to obtain the precious commentary from fpmt?
JKhedrup

Post by JKhedrup »

I wish I could answer for you but I don't make these decisions. I don't have any administrative role in FPMT. You'd have to contact the Education Department directly through the website at FPMT.org.

I do know they often try to help people who need certain materials! I wish I could be of more assistance.

They haven't translated the entire text of Gyaltsabje yet, but they did have Gavin Kilty complete the translation of the first chapter. That translation is used during the Basic Program manual on Uttaratantra.
lucidaromulus

Post by lucidaromulus »

JKhedrup wrote:I wish I could answer for you but I don't make these decisions. I don't have any administrative role in FPMT. You'd have to contact the Education Department directly through the website at FPMT.org.

I do know they often try to help people who need certain materials! I wish I could be of more assistance.

They haven't translated the entire text of Gyaltsabje yet, but they did have Gavin Kilty complete the translation of the first chapter. That translation is used during the Basic Program manual on Uttaratantra.
thank you for your reply :D

Return to “Gelug”