The Song of Vajra

Sönam

The Song of Vajra

Post by Sönam »

Any one for explanation ? ... The Shang Shung Institute is named! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqmW9h_nhNw)

phpBB [video]
SSJ3Gogeta

Re: The Song of Vajra

Post by SSJ3Gogeta »

:shrug:
Last edited by SSJ3Gogeta on Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conceptual

Post by Conceptual »

Here's an explanation:
Dearest Sisters and Brothers of The Vajra!

For clarification:
When we shot the Video in Iceland, we did not even know that the stupa existed and came across it by chance on our way to the location by the lakeside. As soon as we started filming, a double rainbow spontaneously manifested.

I first presented the video to Khyentse Yeshe Rinpoche around New Year 2011. The next day I was told by Egle that He really liked it and that He was going to take it to Dzogchen Forum in Moskau.

Then last summer in Merigar West I went to our most Precious Master Chögyal Namkhai Norbu's house in Merigar West and presented Him the video on a USB stick. I asked Him if He had seen it and He said "Yes, it is very good." I then asked if it was ok to publish it, and He said "It is ok." ... I am very well aware that it is very bad karma to generate disharmony within the Sangha, so I beg the utmost forgiveness of anyone whom I may have offended. With Many Tashi Delegs!!! JB
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

I can't believe it ?????? ... You mean our Master is involved in that version of The Song of Vajra? ... this is completely freeky-new age ...

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

The same guy is also responsible of that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk2VLXle ... re=related

Does all that helps the dharma to be spreaded?

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

I don't have the guts to give it a try.
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

to complete the list http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... N5pV7WUT1o

Is the DC and Yeshe really involved in all that?
- Longchen Rabjam -
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

What's wrong with it, especially if ChNN approves? ChNN and Yeshe aren't involved personally in the video, they just gave him their blessings anyway.
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Sherlock wrote:What's wrong with it, especially if ChNN approves? ChNN and Yeshe aren't involved personally in the video, they just gave him their blessings anyway.
could not be ... their should be a trick. This is a bit short to just say "ChNN and Yeshe aren't involved personally in the video, they just gave him their blessings anyway". If it was, be sure that many would take some distance with DC. Did you had a look to other "produces" of that Blumenroth guy?
Only to think that ChNN could be possibly involved in that is a lake of confidence in ChNN.

Sönam
- Longchen Rabjam -
username

Post by username »

It's a nice video.Intention is most important & he seems genuine in his intentions. One can incorporate any mundane activity or even other paths into Dzogchen as long as they do not contravene the basic principles of Dzogchen specially with regards to other sentient beings. His dancing has hints of heavy metal air guitar & head shaking but the style seems mainly to be that of Tibetan folk dances, like the woman but more so, without him being aware of it. Years ago Yeshi made a piece of electronic midi music file Reggae style and asked everyone what they thought. They all said it is a nice piece of original creation. He told them it was not his. Rinpoche was the only one who immediately told him that it is a nice electronic version of the melody of the song of Vajra.
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

If you are so concerned with that and doubt his statement, then ask ChNN. The basic melody is still there and the words themselves will plant the seeds for liberation for anyone who hears it.
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

username wrote:It's a nice video.Intention is most important & he seems genuine in his intentions. One can incorporate any mundane activity or even other paths into Dzogchen as long as they do not contravene the basic principles of Dzogchen specially with regards to other sentient beings. His dancing has hints of heavy metal air guitar & head shaking but the style seems mainly to be that of Tibetan folk dances, like the woman but more so, without him being aware of it. Years ago Yeshi made a piece of electronic midi music file and asked everyone what they thought. They all said it is a nice piece of original creation. He told them it was not his. Rinpoche was the only one who immediately told him that it is a nice electronic version of the melody of the song of Vajra.
This is crazy wrong, Dzogchen is not a justified by intention's dustbin ... and what's your view on the other productions of that Blumenroth guy, I would be interested. Do not hesitate to scan the whole package http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... N5pV7WUT1o

It reminds me in the 70's, a Baghvan (Osho) follower explaining me that he could kill anyone he wants to, because his master explained it so ...

Sönam
- Longchen Rabjam -
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Sherlock wrote:If you are so concerned with that and doubt his statement, then ask ChNN. The basic melody is still there and the words themselves will plant the seeds for liberation for anyone who hears it.
Easy one !

Sönam
(nb : I've send a mail to the DC, do not doubt about that)
- Longchen Rabjam -
username

Post by username »

Hi Sonam, I am on the move and only saw this one on the phone which seems OK.
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

His other videos are all related to Dharma themes, I really don't see what is objectionable.
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Sönam wrote: This is crazy wrong, Dzogchen is not a justified by intention's dustbin ... and what's your view on the other productions of that Blumenroth guy, I would be interested. Do not hesitate to scan the whole package http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... N5pV7WUT1o

It reminds me in the 70's, a Baghvan (Osho) follower explaining me that he could kill anyone he wants to, because his master explained it so ...

Sönam
I don't know much about him. What is it exactly that you find objectionable?
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Mr. G wrote:
Sönam wrote: This is crazy wrong, Dzogchen is not a justified by intention's dustbin ... and what's your view on the other productions of that Blumenroth guy, I would be interested. Do not hesitate to scan the whole package http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... N5pV7WUT1o

Sönam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNfWGyumN6I

I shoud be perfectly ignorant ... I better smoke a joint (long time ago) to get back in.

Sönam
- Longchen Rabjam -
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Sönam wrote:
Mr. G wrote:

Sönam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNfWGyumN6I

I shoud be perfectly ignorant ... I better smoke a joint (long time ago) to get back in.

Sönam
I don't understand what you're saying Sonam. I mean, I personally think the video is cheesy, but I'm not about to start protesting in the streets or anything.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Ok, as it seems absolutely not out of context for most of you ...
- Longchen Rabjam -
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Sherlock wrote:If you are so concerned with that and doubt his statement, then ask ChNN. The basic melody is still there and the words themselves will plant the seeds for liberation for anyone who hears it.
Because you all seems ok with that, I re-listen to it ... no, the basic melody is not there, or very approximately.

Sönam
- Longchen Rabjam -

Return to “Dzogchen”