hi from far north new zealand

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Tashi Yang Zong

hi from far north new zealand

Post by Tashi Yang Zong »

Hi, I'm Tashi Yang Zong now living in the far far north of new zealand in a beautiful country setting in Kerikeri. My teacher is 4th Venerable Sonam Tenzin Rinpoche , an inspiring Barom Kagyu lineage monk who escaped from Tibet around the same time as the Karmapa. Rinpoche was tasked with opening a number of centres in the west. Having his base in Sydney he has 2 other centres in Malaysia and many students in Vietnam where a new centre should open soon. I and my husband met Rinpoche about 6 years ago and entered the Dharma path almost immediately afterwards. I won't have a lot to say on the boards but I have been enjoying reading and learning.
Tashi Delek and thank you.

Kindest regards
Yang Zong :namaste:
Yudron

Re: hi from far north new zealand

Post by Yudron »

Tashi Yang Zong wrote:Hi, I'm Tashi Yang Zong now living in the far far north of new zealand in a beautiful country setting in Kerikeri. My teacher is 4th Venerable Sonam Tenzin Rinpoche , an inspiring Barom Kagyu lineage monk who escaped from Tibet around the same time as the Karmapa. Rinpoche was tasked with opening a number of centres in the west. Having his base in Sydney he has 2 other centres in Malaysia and many students in Vietnam where a new centre should open soon. I and my husband met Rinpoche about 6 years ago and entered the Dharma path almost immediately afterwards. I won't have a lot to say on the boards but I have been enjoying reading and learning.
Tashi Delek and thank you.

Kindest regards
Yang Zong :namaste:
Welcome! We really don't here much of the Barom Kagyu, so things you post might be of a lot more interest than you think.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hi:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:buddha1:
dharmagoat

Post by dharmagoat »

Hello from down south in rainy Westland. :hi:
waimengwan

Post by waimengwan »

Welcome Yang Zong :)
Tashi Yang Zong

Post by Tashi Yang Zong »

Hello everyone...thankyou so much for the warm welcome...I don't know about being able to tell much about our lineage as I feel like a beginner all the time...but I can always find out links or info from Rinpoche...

and a special hello to dharmagoat down in Westland!! you know I keep meeting dharma practitioners all over New Zealand now and finding the presence of Temples and Centres , nuns and monks turning up in the local supermarket!! it's fantastic!!! :applause: YAYYYY
relay

Post by relay »

Welcome from New York, US.

peace,
relay
"We do not have to be ashamed of what we are. As sentient beings we have wonderful backgrounds. These backgrounds may not be particularly enlightened or peaceful or intelligent. Nevertheless, we have soil good enough to cultivate; we can plant anything in it.”
~Chögyam Trungpa

Return to “Introductions”