Khenchen Tsewang Rigdzin

Yudron

Khenchen Tsewang Rigdzin

Post by Yudron »

Minling Khenchen Tsewang Rigdzin Rinpoche

Khenchen Tsewang Rigdzin is currently teaching at various Oregon locations, under the auspices of the new Saraha Nyingma Institute of Eugene, OR.

Translated as 'Professor Emeritus of Mindroling Monastery, the Precious Teacher whose name is "Living Power, Holder of Wisdom"'
Is visiting Oregon now through Sept. 2 and will be teaching at four locations in Oregon over the next two weekends.

The successful practice of Buddhism requires instruction and training by a lineage master who has clarified and realized those instructions in their own mind.

For those who have or want to have aspiration on the Buddhist path, we would like to emphasize that it is very rare and may be very difficult to encounter someone like Khenpo Tsewang Rigdzin throughout our entire life. It would be more rare to actually receive a teaching from such a person. Even more rare to receive four.

Although he himself is humble, Khenpo is a human treasure, a treasury of living knowledge of Buddhist scholarship and wisdom, author of more than 30 books explaining the most profound Buddhist subjects. In the words of Saraha founding teacher, Lama Sonam Tsering, "There may be only 3 or 4 people of such vast knowledge alive in the world today." Someone like this. So, we are encouraging the encourageables out there to make an effort and attend one or all of these teachings.

Next Sat. 9/01, 3:00 pm
teaching IN NEWPORT, OR
by Minling Khenchen Tsewang Rigdzin Rinpoche
“Faith and Wisdom”*
Event Address: Hennings Auditorium Hatfield Marine Science Center of Oregon State University 2030 SE Marine Science Dr Newport, OR 97365

Next Sun. 9/02, 4:30-6:30 pm
teaching IN PORTLAND, OR
by Minling Khenchen Tsewang Rigdzin Rinpoche
“Introduction to the Six Bardos”*
Event Address: Nritya Mandala Temple 1405 SE 40th Ave., Portland, OR 97214

***All events, except Portland, $20 suggested donation for adults. Portland event $15 suggested donation. Children welcome and free of charge. No one turned away for lack of funds.***

The website of the Saraha Institute is

http://www.Saraha.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But their Facebook page “Saraha Nyingma” is updated almost daily.
MalaBeads

Re: Khenchen Tsewang Rigdzin

Post by MalaBeads »

Thank you for posting this. I have sent it on to a dharma friend who lives in Newport.

What a great phrase, "encouraging the encourgables". My own ability to be encouraged feels very fragile at the moment. To be encouraged means I also acknowledge how discouraged I've been. Painful business. But thanks. It's all part and parcel of the process.

Cheers.
I am well aware of my idiocy. I am also very aware that you too are an idiot. Therein lies our mutuality.

Return to “Nyingma”