Buddhism and views on death.

Whether you're exploring Buddhism for the first time or you're already on the path, feel free to ask questions of any kind here.

Buddhism and views on death.

Postby bunny » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:09 am

I respectively make the following comments and ask questions. I understand the purpose of The Five Precepts. When I read them I realised that I already live by these.

I have still to read about the The Four Noble Truths and the The Noble Eightfold Path. Please forgive me if I ask these questions that follow that will be answered in what I still have to read. After my long mediation last night/early this morning a few questions entered my head.

- What are the Buddist views on euthanasia? Is it better to let a man suffer in un-bearable pain so he lives or is it kinder to end his suffering?

- What are the Buddist views on abortion? I am not talking about abortion for birth control. It is of my understanding that Buddhism views a life from the moment of conception. I mean in the case of where a mother could die during childbirth. Is it kinder to let an unborn child die so that the mother might live? Or is it kinder to let a mother live so that an unborn child will die? Which is "easier" the loss that a parent endures of that of an unborn child or a child growing up without a mother?
Blessed Be,

Bunny.
bunny

Re: Buddhism and views on death.

Postby muni » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:21 pm

muni

Postby viniketa » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:57 pm

If they can sever like and dislike, along with greed, anger, and delusion, regardless of their difference in nature, they will all accomplish the Buddha Path.. ~ Sutra of Complete Enlightenment
viniketa

Postby bunny » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:08 pm

Thank you so much viniketa :) I really appreciate it.
Blessed Be,

Bunny.
bunny

Postby Son » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:53 am

:good:

Nice interests. I'd like to say though, the fourfold noble truth is the very foundation of all the Buddha's teaching, and the beginning of Buddhist tradition throughout the world. The Noble Eightfold Path is simply the very way to increasing enlightenment, and eventual cessation of suffering (it is actually the fourth noble truth). :)

But actually, the Buddha said this: "Those who understand dependent origination, understand the Dhamma." (absolute teaching, dharma means truth and refers to ultimate reality). So dependent origination, deep, subtle, and difficult to perceive as it is, is actually the heart of Buddhism.
Son

Return to Exploring Buddhism