Hi from Northern Ireland

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Kaji

Re: Hi from Northern Ireland

Post by Kaji »

bunny wrote:What I mean is that those who practice divination by asking any random spirit/being to aid them is in full knowledge of what that means. They understand that they could receive an angry one or a benevolent one. It is part of their method of divinationa and they understand the risks. Or at least they should, if they had a decent divination teacher they would know this.
Apparently no, in some cultures some folk divination methods are so well known that untaught, untrained people used them without knowing the risks fully.

For example, in Chinese community there is a Chinese version of Ouija. It has been used by people who received instructions through hearsay only. It is believed that in this practice answers are given by any spirit/ghost. Some users do not know what implications that may have, but use it anyway. I think a significant number of people use Tarot cards in a similar way, without proper training and instructions. I do not recommend the use of divination in such a way.
Namas triya-dhvikānāṃ sarva tathāgatānām!
bunny

Post by bunny »

I WOULD not ever, ever go near an ouji board or a version of it. I would not have on in my home. I have walked out of friend's homes because they produced one and refused to enter again, instead finding my own way back to my own home. They are so unstable. I had instruction in the tarot for several years before I got my first deck.

IMHO I think those seeking knowledge of divination should seek a teacher first. No-one should go into it without knowledge.
Blessed Be,

Bunny.
CrystalMoon

Post by CrystalMoon »

Hi,

I am a Nichiren Buddhist and a pagan. I absolutely believe in both. Being who you really are is very important to me. I became Independent after a split between Nichiren Shoshu and SGI in the mid 2000's. I am endeavoring to find my true self and keep up my Buddhist practice, as well.

Nichiren Buddhism is Mahayana Buddhism. My entire dwelling is made up of rocks, plants, and living things. I do believe in being enlightened as I am. Nice to meet you!

CrystalMoon
waimengwan

Post by waimengwan »

Welcome Bunny.

This was a recent talk about taking trances by my Lama Tsem Rinpoche the do's and dont's, about associating with spirits etc etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnm45W3jy0A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Introductions”