Looking for the Source of This Quotation

sukhamanveti

Looking for the Source of This Quotation

Post by sukhamanveti »

Hello. :smile:

I am looking for the source of these well-known words of Guru Rinpoche:

"Although my view is higher than the sky,

"My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour."

I have seen several versions this important teaching quoted often, but I have never seen the title of the source text. This makes me wonder if the terma source is not a text, but a mind terma or a pure vision terma. On the other hand, maybe it simply appears in more than one text or in some long-forgotten location in the more than sixty volumes of terma texts. Does anyone know where it comes from?

Thank you in advance to the kind person with the elusive answer.

* http://www.lotsawaschool.org/padmasambhava_quotes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
namo bhagavate śākyamunaye tathāgatāyārhate samyaksaṁbuddhāya | namaḥ sarvabuddhabodhisattvebhyaḥ ||

"Bodhisattva-mahāsattvas love all beings in the world equally, as if each were their only child..." Buddhāvataṃsakamahāvaipulya Sūtra
narraboth

Re: Looking for the Source of This Quotation

Post by narraboth »

I have seen it in Guru Rinpoche's biography.
I forgot which one though, Zanglingma rediscovered by Nyang terton or the one by Orgyen Lingpa.
sukhamanveti wrote:Hello. :smile:

I am looking for the source of these well-known words of Guru Rinpoche:

"Although my view is higher than the sky,

"My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour."

I have seen several versions this important teaching quoted often, but I have never seen the title of the source text. This makes me wonder if the terma source is not a text, but a mind terma or a pure vision terma. On the other hand, maybe it simply appears in more than one text or in some long-forgotten location in the more than sixty volumes of terma texts. Does anyone know where it comes from?

Thank you in advance to the kind person with the elusive answer.

* http://www.lotsawaschool.org/padmasambhava_quotes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Nyingma”