How can I find a copy of the Vajrashejara Sutra?

Discuss and learn about the traditional Mahayana scriptures, without assuming that any one school ‘owns’ the only correct interpretation.
vairocanafollower

How can I find a copy of the Vajrashejara Sutra?

Post by vairocanafollower »

Hello everyone,

I have been searching for this particular sutra for a long time and still haven't found it on-line. I have only found the MahaVairocana Sutra (which, in shingon-shu, complements it). I would deeply appriciate if someone could help on that...
DGA
Former staff member

Re: How can I find a copy of the Vajrashejara Sutra?

Post by DGA »

are you looking for the Vajrasekhara Sutra? you may wish to check the volume Two Esoteric Sutras, trans. Rolf Giebel
vairocanafollower

Is the 'The Adamantine Pinnacle Sutra', the Vajrashekara Sutra?
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

I don't have the book with me right now, so I can't confirm except by memory, but I believe that's how it is translated in that text.
vairocanafollower

Ok, thnx Jikan. I will look into it. :smile:
vairocanafollower

Can't find the sutra on line. Can't afford the book for the time being. If a fellow brother or sister has a solution about it I would be glad to hear it. Thnx in advance...
Kaji

Post by Kaji »

I could not find an English translation online. However, having followed a path of searches from the Chinese version (Taisho Tripitaka Vol. 39, No. 1798), I found this from a webpage (http://mbingenheimer.net/tools/bibls/transbibl.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) that there is an English translation:
T39n1798: Jin gang ding jing da yu qie mi mi xin di fa men yi jue 金剛頂經大瑜伽祕密心地法門義訣
e1 (T 1798: 39.808a19-b28)
“Instructions on the Gate to the Teaching of the Secret Heart of Great Yoga of the Scripture of the Diamond Tip”
translated by: Charles Orzech
In: Buddhism in Practice. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1995. pp. 316-317.
Perhaps you can look into finding that publication?
Namas triya-dhvikānāṃ sarva tathāgatānām!
crazy-man

Post by crazy-man »

Vajrasekhara Sutra, Variocana's One-Hundred and Eight Lord Dharmakaya Seals, T.877
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... c5Y2Q1YmQx

Vajrasekhara Sutra, Vajradhatu Great Bodhimanda Mahavairocana Tathagata Personal Enjoyment Body Inner Realization Wisdom, Followers of the Dharmakaya, Different Names of the Buddha, The Highest Vehicle's Secret Samadhi Worship and Repentance Text. T.878
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... c3ZmFmODFh

Return to “Sūtra Studies”