Atomic/Rainbow Body

SSJ3Gogeta

Re: Atomic/Rainbow Body

Post by SSJ3Gogeta »

Jeff wrote: Could you describe how it would be different? Does not a senior student feel light/divine love in the presence of someone who has attained Rigpa? (Divine love "feels" more like a combination of "peace" and "joy" than what we normally describe as romantic love.)

:smile:

Divine love?

Dzogchen is nothing like this. Its not like New Age love and light B.S.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Jeff wrote: I fail to see the point of the above comment other than to politely say that I don't know what I am talking about. :smile:
When it comes to Dzogchen, yes, you have no idea what you are talking about.

If you are interested in Dzogchen, you should connect with a Dzogchen master.

Saying that there is one truth and different paths is meaningless in this context. Without connecting with the transmission of Dzogchen, and applying it in your life you will never understand what Dzogchen is.

M
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Nemo wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Malcolm wrote: No. Not at all. There is no "vibration" that you will feel emanating from someone who has genuine knowledge of the state of Dzogchen.

I suggest you read Dzogchen: The Self-Perfected State by Chogyal Namkhai Norbu, and become a little more educated about this subject.

I cannot educate you from the ground up. However, I can supply you with a couple of citations:

When a master teaches Dzogchen, he or she is trying to transmit a state of knowledge. The aim of the master is to awaken the student, opening that individual's consciousness to the primordial state. The master will not say, "Follow my rules and obey my precepts!" He will say, "Open your inner eye and observe yourself. Stop seeking an external lamp to enlighten you from outside, but light your own inner lamp. Thus the teachings will come to live in you, and you in the teachings."

Chogyal Namkhai Norbu. Dzogchen: The Self-Perfected State (Kindle Locations 179-182). Kindle Edition.

Ordinary beings are reborn without choice, conditioned by their karma into taking a body according to the causes they have accumulated over countless past lives. A totally realized being, on the other hand, is free from the cycle of conditioned cause and effect. But such a being may manifest a body through which others can have the possibility of being helped. The Body of Light, or the Light Body of a being who has realized the Great Transfer, are both phenomena which can be actively maintained so that those having the visionary clarity necessary for perceiving them can communicate with the fully realized individuals whose bodies find themselves in a dimension of pure light.

Chogyal Namkhai Norbu. The Crystal and the Way of Light: Sutra, Tantra and Dzogchen (pp. 162-163). Kindle Edition.

M
Thank you for your words. I believe the above is exactly what I have said in this thread and in the "Guru Yoga" thread. I have just attempted to describe it in exeriencial (and simple) terms.

I will also check out your book recommendation.

Then you believe incorrectly. You are limited by your experience. The level or realization you are describing is infinitesimal when compared to the realization needed to make the 5 elements of your body dissolve into light leaving nothing but nails and hair.

Some Masters have deliberately halted the rainbow body process to stay and teach humans in this realm.
I am definitely limited by my experience. :smile:

My point is that different paths describe similar things with different words. This is often because the various perspectives driven by the time and culture.

Making the 5 elements of your body dissolve into light can be "translated to" Ascending into heaven.

In the end... There is only truth... but many ways to view it.

Jeff

Post by Jeff »

SSJ3Gogeta wrote:
Jeff wrote: Could you describe how it would be different? Does not a senior student feel light/divine love in the presence of someone who has attained Rigpa? (Divine love "feels" more like a combination of "peace" and "joy" than what we normally describe as romantic love.)

Divine love?

In context I was describing comparable terms from a different path.

My "Bet" is that if you were in the presence of someone who had attained Rigpa you would "feel" an overwhelming sense of "peace" (if you were not yet able to connect as Chogyal Namkhai Norbu describes).

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Jeff wrote: My point is that different paths describe similar things with different words. This is often because the various perspectives driven by the time and culture.
In this case you would be mistaken since you know next to nothing about Dzogchen.

Making the 5 elements of your body dissolve into light can be "translated to" Ascending into heaven.
No, it can't. It has nothing to do with going to heaven, or anything like that.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Jeff wrote:
My "Bet" is that if you were in the presence of someone who had attained Rigpa you would "feel" an overwhelming sense of "peace" (if you were not yet able to connect as Chogyal Namkhai Norbu describes).
You would lose that bet.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Jeff wrote:
I am definitely limited by my experience. :smile:

My point is that different paths describe similar things with different words. This is often because the various perspectives driven by the time and culture.

In the end... There is only truth... but many ways to view it.

You are completely clueless about Dzogchen. You are describing a continent you have never visited. Cliched platitudes are no replacement for wisdom earned through meditation or long periods of intellectual inquiry. The far horizon of your imagination does not even come close to the wonders you are missing out on.
florin

Post by florin »

Jeff wrote:
SSJ3Gogeta wrote:

Divine love?

In context I was describing comparable terms from a different path.

My dear sir you would lose that bet in an instant.
You have to start studying and give up your total fantasy.
Gambling usually doesn't pay.

Find a dzogchen teacher .
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Malcolm wrote:
Jeff wrote: My point is that different paths describe similar things with different words. This is often because the various perspectives driven by the time and culture.
In this case you would be mistaken since you know next to nothing about Dzogchen.

I will stop. You continue to miss my point. I am not trying to define that there is a "heaven". Only that to an educated person, seeing a body dissolve into light could be described as "ascending into heaven".

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Jeff wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

I will stop. You continue to miss my point. I am not trying to define that there is a "heaven". Only that to an educated person, seeing a body dissolve into light could be described as "ascending into heaven".

And you continue to miss mine i.e. you actually don't understand what is being discussed here in the Dzogchen forum, whatever else you may properly understand elsewhere.

And as to your point, you won't see anyone actually dissolving into light. At most, you would observe a shrinkage of the physical remains of a person.

M
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Malcolm wrote:
Jeff wrote:

And you continue to miss mine i.e. you actually don't understand what is being discussed here in the Dzogchen forum, whatever else you may properly understand elsewhere.

And as to your point, you won't see anyone actually dissolving into light. At most, you would observe a shrinkage of the physical remains of a person.

M
I have understood your point from the beginning. As stated previously, I was just attempting to point out what I believe to be universal components.

To the broader group- I understand the group perspective presented that in the presence of someone who has obtained Rigpa that one would not experience light/energy/vibrations or a sense of peace.

Thanks for the discussion.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Jeff wrote: As stated previously, I was just attempting to point out what I believe to be universal components.
There are broad commonalities in Dzogchen with common Mahāyāna view; commonalities with Vajrayāna as well; but the perspetive of Dzogchen about the basis in terms of what is called sound, lights, and rays is unique to Dzogchen and not shared with other traditions -- though it is tempting to try and find connections.

M
SSJ3Gogeta

Post by SSJ3Gogeta »

Its not Jeff''s fault.

He has been brainwashed by neoAdvaita/Zen people who do satsangs and proclaim they are enlightened.
byamspa

Post by byamspa »

SSJ3Gogeta wrote:Its not Jeff''s fault.

He has been brainwashed by neoAdvaita/Zen people who do satsangs and proclaim they are enlightened.
brainwashed... ok...

brains are best dry-cleaned no? keeps one away from the zombies.

</joke>
Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

SSJ3Gogeta wrote:.. neoAdvaita/Zen people who do satsangs and proclaim they are enlightened.
phpBB [video]

The video is from a neo-advaitist too. :lol:
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Malcolm wrote: There are broad commonalities in Dzogchen with common Mahāyāna view; commonalities with Vajrayāna as well; but the perspetive of Dzogchen about the basis in terms of what is called sound, lights, and rays is unique to Dzogchen and not shared with other traditions -- though it is tempting to try and find connections.

M
OK, one last question...

When you read the following statement...

Chogyal Namkhai Norbu. Dzogchen: The Self-Perfected State (Kindle Locations 179-182). Kindle Edition.

But such a being may manifest a body through which others can have the possibility of being helped. The Body of Light, or the Light Body of a being who has realized the Great Transfer, are both phenomena which can be actively maintained so that those having the visionary clarity necessary for perceiving them can communicate with the fully realized individuals whose bodies find themselves in a dimension of pure light.

... You do not think this communication is the same/similar as what is experienced between a Guru and an advanced student?

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Jeff wrote:
Malcolm wrote: There are broad commonalities in Dzogchen with common Mahāyāna view; commonalities with Vajrayāna as well; but the perspetive of Dzogchen about the basis in terms of what is called sound, lights, and rays is unique to Dzogchen and not shared with other traditions -- though it is tempting to try and find connections.

M
OK, one last question...

But such a being may manifest a body through which others can have the possibility of being helped. The Body of Light, or the Light Body of a being who has realized the Great Transfer, are both phenomena which can be actively maintained so that those having the visionary clarity necessary for perceiving them can communicate with the fully realized individuals whose bodies find themselves in a dimension of pure light.

... You do not think this communication is the same/similar as what is experienced between a Guru and an advanced student?

Depends on the tradition, the guru, and the student.

Receiving shaktipat from a Kundalini guru, for example,or satsang with an Advaita, etc., or Dokusan from a Zenmaster has nothing at all do with a direct introduction from a Dzogchen master. They are not even in the same ballpark. Different principles, different practices, different experiences, different results.

M
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Malcolm wrote:
Jeff wrote:

M
OK, one last question...

Depends on the tradition, the guru, and the student.

Receiving shaktipat from a Kundalini guru, for example,or satsang with an Advaita, etc., or Dokusan from a Zenmaster has nothing at all do with a direct introduction from a Dzogchen master. They are not even in the same ballpark. Different principles, different practices, different experiences, different results.

M
Agreed. But, those are really not examples of what I meant by a "guru connection".

Thanks again for the discussion. Have a good evening.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Jeff wrote:
Agreed. But, those are really not examples of what I meant by a "guru connection".
Then be more precise.
byamspa

Post by byamspa »

:popcorn: (pass the diet coke please!)
Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?

Return to “Dzogchen”