masters of the tradition

T. Chokyi

Re: masters of the tradition

Post by T. Chokyi »

It may not have been complete but is this not a sign of it?

See page 67 of the Dream Yoga and Practice of Natural Light for more info.
florin

Post by florin »

Pero wrote: Nope.
As you probably know he is the son of Chanchub Dorje and was wondering if he followed in his fathers steps -as in teaching ...etc-and also if he is still alive or not.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

OK, from the khandro.net link

After a year she left for Kawa Karpo, a mountain in Southern Tibet which had been indicated by Trulzhi Rinpoche as the place she should go to. I later heard that she lived there for many years and had many students. Then in the Year of the Iron Boar, 1911, she took the body of light at the age of seventy-four.

by ChNN himself.
Pero

Post by Pero »

alpha wrote:
Pero wrote: Nope.
As you probably know he is the son of Chanchub Dorje and was wondering if he followed in his fathers steps -as in teaching ...etc-and also if he is still alive or not.
Yeah I know, but I have no idea what happened to him. But actually I think he was already teaching back when Norbu Rinpoche was there because Rinpoche received CCD's termas mostly from him and not CCD himself (because according to Rinpoche it was very difficult for CCD to transmit them since he was so uneducated).
Sherlock wrote:OK, from the khandro.net link

After a year she left for Kawa Karpo, a mountain in Southern Tibet which had been indicated by Trulzhi Rinpoche as the place she should go to. I later heard that she lived there for many years and had many students. Then in the Year of the Iron Boar, 1911, she took the body of light at the age of seventy-four.

by ChNN himself.
You didn't read well enough, this is Ayu Khandro talking about her friend, Pema Yangkyi.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Kris

Post by Kris »

i realized most of my questions have been answered thus far, the base and rigpa still confusing but sooner or later ill get it
:thanks: dharma wheel
:namaste:
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

I used Find to look up all instances of "body". :emb:
SSJ3Gogeta

Post by SSJ3Gogeta »

RikudouSennin wrote:i realized most of my questions have been answered thus far, the base and rigpa still confusing but sooner or later ill get it
The basis will remain confusing, since you need the secret instructions on lhun grub to really understand.

In Dzogchen, rigpa means knowledge of one's nature. As opposed to ignorance (marigpa).
Kris

Post by Kris »

SSJ3Gogeta wrote:
RikudouSennin wrote:i realized most of my questions have been answered thus far, the base and rigpa still confusing but sooner or later ill get it
The basis will remain confusing, since you need the secret instructions on lhun grub to really understand.

In Dzogchen, rigpa means knowledge of one's nature. As opposed to ignorance (marigpa).
so rigpa=knowledge of true nature
true nature= awareness

so if you have knowledge of awarness isnt that still dualistic vision?
please help correc my ignorance
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
SSJ3Gogeta

Post by SSJ3Gogeta »

At the trekcho level, rigpa is knowledge of the instant of unfabricated freshness and the nature of mind (mirror-like clarity which conversely cannot be found).

At the lhun grub practice level, one can eliminate all delusion in regard to one's nature, the basis (gzhi).

Don't succumb to translations that use awareness.
Kris

Post by Kris »

SSJ3Gogeta wrote:At the trekcho level, rigpa is knowledge of the instant of unfabricated freshness and the nature of mind (mirror-like clarity which conversely cannot be found).

At the lhun grub practice level, one can eliminate all delusion in regard to one's nature, the basis (gzhi).

Don't succumb to translations that use awareness.
:thanks: :namaste:
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Kris

Post by Kris »

need help clarifying with the term infinite potentiality and the symbol of thr mirror.

thanks
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
SSJ3Gogeta

Post by SSJ3Gogeta »

RikudouSennin wrote:need help clarifying with the term infinite potentiality and the symbol of thr mirror.

thanks

I don't know where infinite potentiality is from.

But the mirror refers to what I said above regarding "clarity".
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

RikudouSennin wrote:need help clarifying with the term infinite potentiality and the symbol of thr mirror.

thanks

The term "infinite potentiality" refers to the primordial state's capacity to allow any form at all to appear within it.

The mirror means your primordial state.
Kris

Post by Kris »

sorry i keep asking these repetitive questions.
just tryna get a good understanding.
thanks for the clarification.

peace
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

RikudouSennin wrote:sorry i keep asking these repetitive questions.

peace

No worries.
Kris

Post by Kris »

Malcolm wrote:
RikudouSennin wrote:sorry i keep asking these repetitive questions.

peace

No worries.
well in that case im curious as to the meaning thoughts arise from emptiness?

Lately it has appeared to me that the objective world is a projection of mind or thoughts,like this laptop began as a tought in a persons mind etc but now here it is manifest before my eyes.
i think im on the right track here,im not trying to cram it all in at once just get familiar with the nature of reality etc from a dzogchen pov
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
SSJ3Gogeta

Post by SSJ3Gogeta »

RikudouSennin wrote: Lately it has appeared to me that the objective world is a projection of mind or thoughts,like this laptop began as a tought in a persons mind etc but now here it is manifest before my eyes.
i think im on the right track here,im not trying to cram it all in at once just get familiar with the nature of reality etc from a dzogchen pov
This is not right at all. Thoughts are insubstantial and are just movements of wind (vayu).

Get Direct Introduction and do rushan.
humanpreta

Post by humanpreta »

humanpreta wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
RikudouSennin wrote:So whats the chance of becoming fully awakened in this lifetime after being introduced o your real nature?

If you are a diligent person, have received introduction and applied the teachings of Dzogchen to your life in a concrete way, you will never need to fear of returning to samsara's three realms ever again. Even if you do not acheive full awakening in this life you will either acheive full awakening in the bardo, or in a nirmanakāya buddhafield.
So everyone who receives direct introduction, if not fully awakened during their life, achieves full awakening in the bardo or goes straight to a buddhafield and is awakened? Is this in a text?

Is the nirmanakaya buddhafield in one of samsara's realm? i.e.: formless.
????????????????????
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

humanpreta wrote:
Is the nirmanakaya buddhafield in one of samsara's realm? i.e.: formless.

No, it is not a formless realm and no it is not part of samsara.

M
krodha

Post by krodha »

RikudouSennin wrote:well in that case im curious as to the meaning thoughts arise from emptiness?

Lately it has appeared to me that the objective world is a projection of mind or thoughts,like this laptop began as a tought in a persons mind etc but now here it is manifest before my eyes.
The fact that it's believed to be an objective 'thing' existing separate from you, is indeed a product of conceptualization. So imputation of thought does play a role on that level (a rather large role), but not in the sense you proposed though. It's much more immediate than the process you posited. Conditioning and habitual tendencies are what maintain it.

Return to “Dzogchen”