masters of the tradition

Kris

Re: masters of the tradition

Post by Kris »

Andrew108 wrote:After the teachings you can meet CHNN face to face. It might be nice to tell him who you are and that you are interested in Dzogchen.
most def!
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Andrew108

Post by Andrew108 »

It would be good to contact your nearest gar. Then you need the practice text for the wwt. If you want to get the wwt from the webcast I think you need to be a member of the community? At least I was.
I would echo everyone's statements here about being fortunate. Good stuff.
The Blessed One said:

"What is the All? Simply the eye & forms, ear & sounds, nose & aromas, tongue & flavors, body & tactile sensations, intellect & ideas. This, monks, is called the All. Anyone who would say, 'Repudiating this All, I will describe another,' if questioned on what exactly might be the grounds for his statement, would be unable to explain, and furthermore, would be put to grief. Why? Because it lies beyond range." Sabba Sutta.
Kris

Post by Kris »

im glad to see there is a local center in Atlanta.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Pero

Post by Pero »

Andrew108 wrote:It would be good to contact your nearest gar. Then you need the practice text for the wwt. If you want to get the wwt from the webcast I think you need to be a member of the community? At least I was.
I would echo everyone's statements here about being fortunate. Good stuff.
You don't have to be a member to attend this, but you do need to learn what to do during it.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Kris

Post by Kris »

Okay after reading an otline of the dzogchen path by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche http://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?title=Dzogchen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, more questions arose in my mind.Im sure they will be answered in the Crystal WOL book but until it arrives my curiosity is greedy...

So in a simple version(only version i comprehend)this is what i understand:
1)the practice of dzogchen is to realise the already existing buddha nature.
2)our awareness is entagled/obscured by mental activity.
3)Trekcho and Togal untagle these things blocking the buddha nature.
4)full awakening

okay i know there is alot inbetween but im still trying to learn the basic terminology such as semde,longde,mengakde,rigpa,etc. :reading:

so please in a simple way how does it work, i know its a lot simpler than my mind is making it out to be but with such little knowledge of the terminolgy things get complicated.
i guess what im trying to figure out is how the proces works how to get from one point to the next or recognize point A is point A without the obscurations.
this is most important question in my mind right now;also where to get good definitions of the main terminology i need to learn.

get my drift??
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
SSJ3Gogeta

Post by SSJ3Gogeta »

Bare minimum you need to know:

the basis (gzhi):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Pure_Lights#Concept" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Essential practices:

direct introduction
rushan
trekcho
Song of the Vajra
Chulen of Space
lhungrub visions
Kris

Post by Kris »

:good: :namaste:
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Kris

Post by Kris »

[/quote]

You just need to connect with Chogyal Namkhai Norbu and not look back. He is the only teacher alive today that I know of who had two masters achieve rainbow body in this life.[/quote]

I know one is Changchub Dorje Rinpoche, who is the other?
thx
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

thx

Togden Ugyen Tendzin
http://shangshung.org/store/index.php?m ... cts_id=483
humanpreta

Post by humanpreta »

Malcolm wrote:
RikudouSennin wrote:So whats the chance of becoming fully awakened in this lifetime after being introduced o your real nature?

If you are a diligent person, have received introduction and applied the teachings of Dzogchen to your life in a concrete way, you will never need to fear of returning to samsara's three realms ever again. Even if you do not acheive full awakening in this life you will either acheive full awakening in the bardo, or in a nirmanakāya buddhafield.
So everyone who receives direct introduction, if not fully awakened during their life, achieves full awakening in the bardo or goes straight to a buddhafield and is awakened? Is this in a text?

Is the nirmanakaya buddhafield in one of samsara's realm? i.e.: formless.
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

humanpreta wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
RikudouSennin wrote:So whats the chance of becoming fully awakened in this lifetime after being introduced o your real nature?

If you are a diligent person, have received introduction and applied the teachings of Dzogchen to your life in a concrete way, you will never need to fear of returning to samsara's three realms ever again. Even if you do not acheive full awakening in this life you will either acheive full awakening in the bardo, or in a nirmanakāya buddhafield.
So everyone who receives direct introduction, if not fully awakened during their life, achieves full awakening in the bardo or goes straight to a buddhafield and is awakened?
That's not what Malcolm said.
Malcolm wrote:If you are a diligent person, have received introduction and applied the teachings of Dzogchen to your life in a concrete way, you will never need to fear of returning to samsara's three realms ever again. Even if you do not acheive full awakening in this life you will either acheive full awakening in the bardo, or in a nirmanakāya buddhafield.
There's the rub.
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Changchub Dorje didn't realise rainbow body; besides Uncle Togden, it was Ayu Khandro.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Sherlock wrote:Changchub Dorje didn't realise rainbow body; besides Uncle Togden, it was Ayu Khandro.
Actually CCD is supposed to have achieved rainbow body too (and his daughter as well if I remember right, don't remember where I read it). Maybe that makes three hehe.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
florin

Post by florin »

Pero wrote:
Sherlock wrote:Changchub Dorje didn't realise rainbow body; besides Uncle Togden, it was Ayu Khandro.
Actually CCD is supposed to have achieved rainbow body too (and his daughter as well if I remember right, don't remember where I read it). Maybe that makes three hehe.
Do you know anything about Gyurga Rinpoche ?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

RikudouSennin wrote:

You just need to connect with Chogyal Namkhai Norbu and not look back. He is the only teacher alive today that I know of who had two masters achieve rainbow body in this life.[/quote]

thx[/quote]

His Uncle, Togden Rinpoche.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

CCD did realize rainbow body. Ayu Khandro did not realize rainbody body:

"Near the twenty-fifth, without any sign of illness, we found that she had left her body at the time she would normally be finishing her meditation session. She remained in meditation posture for two weeks and when she had finished her tugdam, her body had become very small. We put some ornaments on it and many many people came to witness it.

"In the second month on the tenth day, we cremated her. There were many interesting signs at the time of her death. There was a sudden thaw and everything burst into bloom. It was the middle of winter. There were many ringsel and, as she had instructed, all this and her clothes were put into the stupa that she had prepared at the Sakya monastery."

I, Namkhai Norbu, was given the little statue of Jamyang Khentse Wongpo and a volume of the Simhamukha Gongter and her writings and advice and spiritual songs. Among her disciples there were few rich and important people; her disciples were yogis and yoginis and practitioners from all over Tibet. There are many tales told about her, but I have written only what she herself told me. This is just a little biography of A-Yu Khadro written for her disciples and those who are interested.

http://www.khandro.net/book-womenofwisdom.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pero

Post by Pero »

alpha wrote:
Pero wrote:
Do you know anything about Gyurga Rinpoche ?
Nope.
Malcolm wrote:CCD did realize rainbow body. Ayu Khandro did not realize rainbody body:

"Near the twenty-fifth, without any sign of illness, we found that she had left her body at the time she would normally be finishing her meditation session. She remained in meditation posture for two weeks and when she had finished her tugdam, her body had become very small. We put some ornaments on it and many many people came to witness it.

It may not have been complete but is this not a sign of it?
- Shabkar
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

Malcolm wrote:

With all due respect,
YES, she did.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

T. Chokyi wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

With all due respect,
YES, she did.
Nope, that's atomic body. I stand corrected. ChNN speaks quite often of the difference between atomic body, rainbow body and great transference.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Sherlock wrote: Nope, that's atomic body. I stand corrected. ChNN speaks quite often of the difference between atomic body, rainbow body and great transference.
No it isn't. Atomic body is when the body dissolves into atoms - it just disappears.
- Shabkar

Return to “Dzogchen”