Causes for liberation

magnagei

Causes for liberation

Post by magnagei »

So I was listening to ChNN's webcast the other day and my wandering mind kept thinking about the different causes for liberation related to the senses.

Since there is no Dzogchen without transmission, then beings must find these teachings, and to find the teachings there must be a cause. It seems to me, from my very possibly flawed deduction, that from a sheer numbers perspective it would be of great benefit so many beings to have massive causes for liberation. As in, what if there were giant billboards in NYC with tagdrol mandalas on them, a food company that puts tiny amounts of nangdrol (sp?, the liberation by eating or taste one) in all their canned goods, or maybe if someone happens to be a Dzogchenpa and a famous musician, putting the six syllables of Samantabhadra in a popular song.

Is there a guarantee that one hearing of a mantra for liberation by hearing spoken by someone with complete confidence will cause a being to meet Dzogchen teachings in the future?

Is any of this reasonable or am I completely missing the point? Can we not force good causes such as this and is any of this a samaya breach?
Konchog1

Re: Causes for liberation

Post by Konchog1 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtcGJpOEHLc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's been before with great controversy. I still don't know what to think.
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

I like the billboard idea. Some mantras and images should be kept secret, but from what I understand, those that are specifically designated "liberation through hearing/seeing" can be shared publically, e.g. song of the vajra. Someone correct me if I'm wrong ASAP please! :smile: The only thing to be careful about is not to broadcast/display in such a way that people will have a negative reaction, which may not create a good cause. Although, maybe any contact would be positive.
magnagei

Post by magnagei »

SoV can be shared publicly? This I did not know. But in general yes, I am only referring to things that may be shared publicly. And Rinpoche was talking about sneaking nangdrol into non-practitioners food haha!

Regarding that musician, he makes it blatant, I'm more talking about a normal song about whatever that just so happens to have oh I don't know an Om Ah Hum or the six syllables hidden within.

Return to “Dzogchen”