Hi everyone

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
*Om*

Hi everyone

Post by *Om* »

Hi everyone. My first post here. So an introduction.... I'm a 27 year old mom and I'm hoping I finally found my path. Since a very young age I've been in and out of churches of all faiths trying to find something that felt right to me and felt.... more. If that makes any sense.

Wiccan was the closest I came to feeling right but even it just didn't fit me. I loved the meditation and it really helped me out. I've struggled with crippling anxiety since I was 8 years old .

In 2007 I was struck a severe blow and lost my youngest child (this does have something to do with this story I promise). In December of last year a friend who also suffered from anxiety recommended a book to me. The Joy of Living: Unlocking the Secret and Science of Happiness. This book and this man quickly became a life saver to me. Because Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche overcame his anxiety and came out a happier person.

Every sentient being wants to be happy, and so with this thought in my head I began reading and researching. But still, it was kind of half-hearted. In February of this year a fellow lady who'd lost a child sent me a painting she did of Mizuko Jizo. With this she also included a list of books.

I've been hooked. Starting last Friday I've started an 8 week class session for Dharma in Every Day Life. It's being taught at the local Tibetan Monastery by Ani Choekyi, an ordained Tibetan Buddhist Nun from Israel.

So yeah.... Hi from a very new baby Buddhist. Last night for the first time I was able to meditate without instruction and I equate a lot of that to the fact that I set up an Altar in my home and having a special place just for it seemed to help me out a lot.

Nice to meet you all
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Hi everyone

Post by DNS »

:hi:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:buddha1:
Huseng
Former staff member

Post by Huseng »

Welcome!
*Om*

Post by *Om* »

Thank you both for the welcome.

Huseng - your blog is really interesting. The statistical decline of Buddhism really caught my attention. It's very interesting reading and I'm searching for more information on it all :)

Thank you for putting your blog out there for people.
underthetree

Post by underthetree »

Welcome!
Andrew108

Post by Andrew108 »

Big welcome.
The Blessed One said:

"What is the All? Simply the eye & forms, ear & sounds, nose & aromas, tongue & flavors, body & tactile sensations, intellect & ideas. This, monks, is called the All. Anyone who would say, 'Repudiating this All, I will describe another,' if questioned on what exactly might be the grounds for his statement, would be unable to explain, and furthermore, would be put to grief. Why? Because it lies beyond range." Sabba Sutta.
*Om*

Post by *Om* »

Thank you UndertheTree and Andrew for the very nice welcome :)
waimengwan

Post by waimengwan »

Welcome!
*Om*

Post by *Om* »

Thank you waimengwan!

Return to “Introductions”