Is there a donation form on here?

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
Buddhist Prime

Is there a donation form on here?

Post by Buddhist Prime »

I know it must take money to run this operation,
and was curious if y'all took donations, if so where?
Do you have any Paypal forms on here?

As I am still knew, if there is a donation area,
please forgive me for asking again, as I do not know.

Don't eat me alive, like the Christian websites do.
I got kicked off one, and accused of aggressive Trolling,
I just asked 2 questions, and I think it was too hard for
them to answer, so instead of answering it, they'd just rather
kick me off. Like they did to the Knight's Templar.
My Profile, everything you ever wanted to know about me and why:
http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7649
LastLegend

Re: Is there a donation form on here?

Post by LastLegend »

Do you want my Paypal account?
It’s eye blinking.
plwk

Post by plwk »

From the site admin of both Dhamma Wheel (Theravada) and Dharma Wheel (Mahayana & Vajrayana), Dr David N Snyder link
David N. Snyder wrote:
Mawkish1983 wrote:
... but if we wanted to donate some money via paypal without our wives (who might forbid all financial transactions of a selfless nature) knowing, is there a system in place? How much does this place cost to operate (or is it secret?)?
Hi Mawk,

Thank you for the offer, very much appreciated. But the costs to run this site are very small. There is domain name registration which is only about $10 USD per year and there is web hosting, which is more, but right now that is not very much either, until we reach something like 1 million posts or more. At that time, the web hosting will need to be upgraded to allow for more storage of information and more monthly bandwith. Even at that time I have no problem incurring the cost or if it should be too much, we could take up a collection as needed.

Thanks again. :anjali:
emaho

Post by emaho »

This is a very generous and selfless attitude. But maybe a donation form wouldn't be such a bad idea after all...

I'd be glad to donate 10-20$ a year. And I'm certainly not the only one around. With some donations made it would be possible to hire a programmer and fix the non-functioning mail server. I'd really appreciate it if the mail function would work and I would receive mail notifications when I get PMs and when topics I'm watching get updated. And what about backups? I hope there's a good and functioning backup solution installed? Regular security updates? I don't want to make things overly complicated, but IMHO a budget of 200-500$ a year for forum maintenance shouldn't be a problem and would make things run more smoothly. If e-Sangha would have had a functioning backup solution and regular security updates it would still be running...
"I struggled with some demons, They were middle class and tame..." L. Cohen
emaho

Post by emaho »

P.S. there also seems to be a glitch with the registration function. I first tried to register as "emaho". I received an error message (don't remember, what it was). Tried to register again and received the message that the name "emaho" was already in use. As I later found out there is a member by the name "emaho" who has registered at about the time I made my first attemt and who has never logged in. Looks like the user was created in spite of the error message. I'm not writing this as a complaint, only as a suggestion. This forum still has a couple of glitches that with a little bit of a budget could be easily fixed.
"I struggled with some demons, They were middle class and tame..." L. Cohen
*Om*

Post by *Om* »

I'm new but I would like to donate something for the improvement and upkeep of this site. :twothumbsup:
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

ReasonAndRhyme wrote:This is a very generous and selfless attitude. But maybe a donation form wouldn't be such a bad idea after all...

I'd be glad to donate 10-20$ a year.
Same.

Kevin
Luke

Post by Luke »

David N. Snyder wrote: Thank you for the offer, very much appreciated. But the costs to run this site are very small. There is domain name registration which is only about $10 USD per year and there is web hosting, which is more, but right now that is not very much either, until we reach something like 1 million posts or more.
You could also include tasty treats for yourself (such as apple strudels) as part of your "operating costs," David! :D
After all, you have to keep your body operating as well as this website... hehe
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi »

ES used to have a "paying member" tag which was purple and which fed my ego very nicely.

:pig:
It has been the misfortune (not, as these gentlemen think it, the glory) of this age that everything is to be discussed. Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France.

Return to “Suggestion Box”