Hi everyone

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.

Hi everyone

Postby *Om* » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:09 am

Hi everyone. My first post here. So an introduction.... I'm a 27 year old mom and I'm hoping I finally found my path. Since a very young age I've been in and out of churches of all faiths trying to find something that felt right to me and felt.... more. If that makes any sense.

Wiccan was the closest I came to feeling right but even it just didn't fit me. I loved the meditation and it really helped me out. I've struggled with crippling anxiety since I was 8 years old .

In 2007 I was struck a severe blow and lost my youngest child (this does have something to do with this story I promise). In December of last year a friend who also suffered from anxiety recommended a book to me. The Joy of Living: Unlocking the Secret and Science of Happiness. This book and this man quickly became a life saver to me. Because Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche overcame his anxiety and came out a happier person.

Every sentient being wants to be happy, and so with this thought in my head I began reading and researching. But still, it was kind of half-hearted. In February of this year a fellow lady who'd lost a child sent me a painting she did of Mizuko Jizo. With this she also included a list of books.

I've been hooked. Starting last Friday I've started an 8 week class session for Dharma in Every Day Life. It's being taught at the local Tibetan Monastery by Ani Choekyi, an ordained Tibetan Buddhist Nun from Israel.

So yeah.... Hi from a very new baby Buddhist. Last night for the first time I was able to meditate without instruction and I equate a lot of that to the fact that I set up an Altar in my home and having a special place just for it seemed to help me out a lot.

Nice to meet you all
*Om*

Re: Hi everyone

Postby David N. Snyder » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:13 am

:hi:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:buddha1:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby Indrajala » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:51 pm

Welcome!
Flower Ornament Depository (Blog)
Indrajāla's Contemplations (Blog)
Exploring Classical Chinese (Blog)
Dharma Depository (Site)

"Hui gives me no assistance. There is nothing that I say in which he does not delight." -Confucius
Indrajala
Former staff member

Postby *Om* » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:42 pm

Thank you both for the welcome.

Huseng - your blog is really interesting. The statistical decline of Buddhism really caught my attention. It's very interesting reading and I'm searching for more information on it all :)

Thank you for putting your blog out there for people.
*Om*

Postby underthetree » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:08 pm

Welcome!
underthetree

Postby Andrew108 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:21 pm

Big welcome.
Andrew108

Postby *Om* » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:32 pm

Thank you UndertheTree and Andrew for the very nice welcome :)
*Om*

Postby waimengwan » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:51 pm

Welcome!
waimengwan

Postby *Om* » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:40 pm

Thank you waimengwan!
*Om*

Return to Introductions