Asian Classics Institute

chokyi lodro

Asian Classics Institute

Post by chokyi lodro »

Hello there,

I know of the whole scandal regarding Michael Roach and Diamond Mountain and all that, but I wanted to ask:

All the work done previously at the "Asian Classics Institute" in New York, i.e. the 18 study courses -
http://www.acidharma.org/aci/index.html
- does it have any merit?

What I am trying to say is that if someone reads something in these texts (or heard something, maybe in the earlier classes, before he became weird), is it of use? :shrug: An example - and this is not meant to sound rude, but - is Pabonka Rinpoche's commentary to Tsonkhapa in course one a good one to use, was Khen Rinpoche's translation faithful, is the overall presentation faithful, etc., for each course?

I ask because I had previously studied some of these and wanted to look at them again, because I found them easy to get my head round. I would appreciate any answers, but only to the actual question. Apologies to the mods if this becomes awkward.

Mark.
~ Chökyi Lodrö
chokyi lodro

Re: Asian Classics Institute

Post by chokyi lodro »

*bump*

Can anyone reply? :shrug:
~ Chökyi Lodrö
viniketa

Post by viniketa »

markadm wrote:Can anyone reply? :shrug:
Not from personal experience with the text you cite... can point here: http://www.lamayeshe.com/index.php?sect=article&id=399" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If they can sever like and dislike, along with greed, anger, and delusion, regardless of their difference in nature, they will all accomplish the Buddha Path.. ~ Sutra of Complete Enlightenment
chokyi lodro

Post by chokyi lodro »

Thank you. :smile:

In the absence of further replies, I shall presume that where he's quoting other people and standard texts that the classes may have had some merit. But I will be careful, of course!
~ Chökyi Lodrö

Return to “Gelug”