Tantric practice and vajrayana

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Dharmabrother

Tantric practice and vajrayana

Post by Dharmabrother »

I am curious again, I apologize to all.

I would like to also learn tantra, and other aspects of vajrayana. I know ill learn one thing at a time, but are there resources online or lamas that will teach you this..

both in the east and west? (u.s)?

thank you for your patience

Dharmabrother
heart

Re: Tantric practice and vajrayana

Post by heart »

Dharmabrother wrote:I am curious again, I apologize to all.

I would like to also learn tantra, and other aspects of vajrayana. I know ill learn one thing at a time, but are there resources online or lamas that will teach you this..

both in the east and west? (u.s)?

thank you for your patience

Dharmabrother
They main point is to find a Guru that will teach you.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
dakini_boi

Re: Tantric practice and vajrayana

Post by dakini_boi »

I highly recommend the book "Introduction to Tantra," by Lama Yeshe, as well as "The Crystal and the Way of Light," by Namkhai Norbu, which I notice has already been recommended to you. Start praying for the right teacher to show up. You can say Padmasambhava's mantra for this purpose also. Probably your two biggest allies are internet search engines, and ASPIRATIONS.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”